Vikings @ Cowboys

Minnesota @ Dallas  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a winner

• Dallas Cowboys (4 - 4)
    • Minnesota Vikings (1 - 5)

If my QB is major contributor in losses, I would look at my play calls and protections.

Tony T has found a way to make a bonehead play or two that has cost his team dearly in crucial games. Tru storie

It has nothing to do with his cumulative regular season stats. He is just snake bitten in elimination games.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony T has found a way to make a bonehead play or two that has cost his team dearly in crucial games. Tru storie

It has nothing to do with his cumulative regular season stats. He is just snake bitten in elimination games.

Actually he does not make any more mistakes than any other qb or player. You just seem to notice it more because you are looking for it. Naturally a qb will make mistakes anyway since they handle the ball on every play. Those are stats that have everything to do with regular season and playoffs. Big games or not, mistakes happen by everyone. Get over it.

If you want to look at it another way then you could say Tony does not make many mistakes in big games. Which is true. Some of the mistakes happen when the running game is shut down and our defense or special teams is giving up scores and big plays. This is when Tony carries the team and tries to do too much. I would rather have a qb with the guts to try and make something happen than to just fold up and quit.

Spacegolfer was saying they were Super Bowl ready before last years Thanksgiving Day loss to the Redskins, and he gained steam with the first three games in December, but then it all came crashing down against New Orleans and @ Washington. Doomer thought we were going to go 16-0 this year, but we already have 4 loses and about to add our 5th come Sunday in Naw Leans. Dez may have practiced once this week, but "says" he's going to be ready Sunday. I'm a realist about my team, and know the more games they win the higher the draft pick, and we need some help. I'd rather see us go 0-16 for 4 years straight, and build a Super Bowl caliber team. I don't think even if Jerry had the high picks he could build it though.

Loser mentality.

Yes they were ready last year. Even with their injuries they managed to put some things together and make a run. Divisional games are never done by the book. I say the same thing again this year. Even with 16 different offensive linemen playing this season and a depleted defense.

Actually he does not make any more mistakes than any other qb or player. You just seem to notice it more because you are looking for it. Naturally a qb will make mistakes anyway since they handle the ball on every play. Those are stats that have everything to do with regular season and playoffs. Big games or not, mistakes happen by everyone. Get over it.

If you want to look at it another way then you could say Tony does not make many mistakes in big games. :lol: Which is true. :lol: Some of the mistakes happen when the running game is shut down and our defense or special teams is giving up scores and big plays. This is when Tony carries the team and tries to do too much. I would rather have a qb with the guts to try and make something happen than to just fold up and quit.

Dude, you are delusional ..... interceptions, fumbles, bobbled snaps ..... at the most crucial times in the biggest games. Tru Storie

Tied in 4th qtr comeback drives to win with Andrew Luck. No question Romo lights it up on the field despite lack of a running game and with a shaky defensive line.

Loser mentality.

Yes they were ready last year. Even with their injuries they managed to put some things together and make a run. Divisional games are never done by the book. I say the same thing again this year. Even with 16 different offensive linemen playing this season and a depleted defense.

Exactly Tony Romo has a loser mentality, that's why he loses these types of games. They're ready for a vacation or hitting the links, instead of ready to make a run for the Super Bowl. I'm tired of their loser mentality.

If you can't do it now, prepare to be ready in the near future, because a .500 record since 1997 is not working !!!

Exactly Tony Romo has a loser mentality, that's why he loses these types of games. They're ready for a vacation or hitting the links, instead of ready to make a run for the Super Bowl. I'm tired of their loser mentality.

If you can't do it now, prepare to be ready in the near future, because a .500 record since 1997 is not working !!!

Now hang on there just a second hoss. Did you not see red and Tony celebrating last game after Tony came back on the Vikes? Im telling you it was like watching the future playoff celabrations in the crystal ball of the games-to-be. True storie

No Dave you are mistaken again. Here is YOUR statement...." I'm a realist about my team, and know the more games they win the higher the draft pick, and we need some help. I'd rather see us go 0-16 for 4 years straight".

Those were your words! THAT is a loser's mentality!!! Your already planning on playing golf or going on vacation I see. So you won't be watching the Cowboys I guess.

Tony does not lose any TYPE of game. So you are wrong again.

Dave, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you. A loser mentality? where in the world did you pull that from? I can assure you, Tony Romo would love to play in and win the Super Bowl. If and when that happens, I'll be happy for him. But to say that he has a loser mentality is definitely incorrect.

A person with a loser mentality would have never been able to make that winning drive against the Vikings.

Dave, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you. A loser mentality? where in the world did you pull that from? I can assure you, Tony Romo would love to play in and win the Super Bowl. If and when that happens, I'll be happy for him. But to say that he has a loser mentality is definitely incorrect.

A person with a loser mentality would have never been able to make that winning drive against the Vikings.

He sure doesn't show it when it comes crunch time with a 1-6 record. 3 of those games weren't playoff games, but they were playoffs or bust games. That is not a record that legends are made of. So he beat a 1-7 Vikings team, big deal. Romo is supposed to be this elite quarterback, when he has done nothing that is elite.

He sure doesn't show it when it comes crunch time with a 1-6 record. 3 of those games weren't playoff games, but they were playoffs or bust games. That is not a record that legends are made of. So he beat a 1-7 Vikings team, big deal. Romo is supposed to be this elite quarterback, when he has done nothing that is elite.

You so readily discount any of his other wins in crunch time as no big deal. Typical! You do not have as many comeback wins as he has in the 4th quarter if you are not Elite. More so than any other QB playing. Especially the way the defense and special teams give up leads late in games.

Come on Dave, a 1-6 record? So in other words, you blame Romo when receivers drop passes, running backs fumble, offensive line can't block, defense can't tackle. REALLY?

You so readily discount any of his other wins in crunch time as no big deal. Typical! You do not have as many comeback wins as he has in the 4th quarter if you are not Elite. More so than any other QB playing. Especially the way the defense and special teams give up leads late in games.

What other crunch games are there, why is it every game is a crunch game, oh because we play like we did tonight. So against elite teams we are now 4-20 against winning teams ? I'm not smoking your dope, dude. http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/76958/cowboys-beat-the-bad-but-lose-to-the-good

Come on Dave, a 1-6 record? So in other words, you blame Romo when receivers drop passes, running backs fumble, offensive line can't block, defense can't tackle. REALLY?

It's called leadership. Tony doesn't have it. Earlier this year we saw how Brady was all over his receivers for their poor play. Some said he was too rough on his team mates. I heard one pundit say that his receivers were riding tricycles, while he was full throttle. There are no excuses. The Patties are 7-2, and where are we ???? Back to square 1 with a 5-5 record, tied with the Eagles.

It's called leadership. Tony doesn't have it. Earlier this year we saw how Brady was all over his receivers for their poor play. Some said he was too rough on his team mates. I heard one pundit say that his receivers were riding tricycles, while he was full throttle. There are no excuses. The Patties are 7-2, and where are we ???? Back to square 1 with a 5-5 record, tied with the Eagles.

That's a good one. Just because Brady gets onto his receivers for poor play it's leadership.... That's a laugh. If that is the case then why would it not be so when Tony Romo does it? He does do it. It doesn't really matter since the players do not listen to our opinions.

I have seen Romo get on his receivers for their poor play. On Tanner for running the wrong route, drawing the linebacker into the passing lane and causing an interception. On Terrence Williams for running the wrong routes and not fighting for the ball. Getting on the offensive line for not blocking. We are back to square 1 with a 5-5 record because after the 1st quarter against the Saints, the Dallas defense didn't even have a heart beat.