"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it" ..... barry

KirtFalcon

October 28, 2013 4:00 AM

No, You Can’t Keep It

pic_giant_102813_SM_No_you-Cant-Keep-It-
President Obama making promises on the campaign trail.
So far the part of the Obamacare rollout that is going most smoothly and affecting the most people is the cancellation of current insurance polices. In states around the country, hundreds of thousands of people are getting notices from insurers that their plans are no longer allowed by the law. All told, 16 million people may be dumped from their policies, in flagrant contradiction of President Obama’s famous promise that you can keep your health plan if you like it.

Maybe the president didn’t understand the basic architecture of his own health care law, which depends on a government takeover of the individual insurance market. The rules governing the new system impose a novel federal definition of insurance on the country, and plans that dont meet it, regardless of how well they may have served their customers in the past, are, by and large, verboten. Some are grandfathered, but the rules are strict and a great many existing plans wont pass muster.

The woes of Healthcare.gov mean that the people with cancelled policies who are supposed to go find new insurance on the exchange can’t for now, and may not be able to by December 15, when they’d need to sign up to stay insured on January 1. When and if the website is finally functioning, many of these people won’t like what they see. In contradiction of another famous Obama promise, they will be charged more for their insurance to subsidize the costs of other people on the exchanges. For millions of Americans, Obamacare will be an experience in plumbing the depths of the dishonesty of President Obama’s case for his signature domestic accomplishment.

Unfortunately, Republicans can’t undo the law in one fell swoop. They can work to delay key provisions, chip away at its coercive power, and illustrate its folly, toward the longer-term goal of rolling it back in its entirety and replacing it with something better. To that end, Wisconsin senator Ron Johnson will introduce legislation to allow people to keep their current health plans by grandfathering as many of them as possible. A debate on the bill will accent the emptiness of President Obama’s assurances and further pressure red-state Democrats who have shown an eagerness to distance themselves from the law over the past two weeks. House Republicans should take up and pass the measure, which is likely to have bipartisan support, just as a proposed delay of the individual mandate did.

Ultimately, the only way to allow people to keep (and buy) the insurance they want is to repeal the law and foster a true market in health insurance. Until then, the wrecking ball of Obamacare swings.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/362310/no-you-cant-keep-it-editors

If the Republicans were smart, they would pass a bill allowing anyone who wanted to keep their current insurance plans to do so with no strings attached. I would like to see the dimocrats and Obama say no to that one. How could Barry veto that bill with a straight face?

Florida Woman's Insurance Rate Increases 10X Under Obamacare "I just want to know why I can't keep what I have. ... Why do I have to be forced into something else?"

8:44 AM, Oct 28, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

In California, tens of thousands of residents are facing higher premiums or are being dropped altogether from their insurance companies. In Florida and Pennsylvania, nearly 500,000 have lost coverage. Overall, economists estimate that between 20 and 40 million could ultimately lose their employer-provided insurance because of Obamacare. [Full Story]

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/#ixzz2j32Y6mL4

This may not be the correct forum but I have an honest question for all...

Has any Buck stopped at Barrack Obama's desk as of yet?

(not being sarcastic)

As I realize that I'm growing older, and my place of employment is an hours drive. I have grown tired of the same old songs over and over.. (if I have hear Sweet Home Alabama one more dadblasted time I'm gonna drive offa the next bridge.. ) My only choice is conservative radio.

Again has any Buck stopped at Obama's desk?

This may not be the correct forum but I have an honest question for all...

Has any Buck stopped at Barrack Obama's desk as of yet?

(not being sarcastic)

As I realize that I'm growing older, and my place of employment is an hours drive. I have grown tired of the same old songs over and over.. (if I have hear Sweet Home Alabama one more dadblasted time I'm gonna drive offa the next bridge.. ) My only choice is conservative radio.

Again has any Buck stopped at Obama's desk?

LOL! Sure, it has, but not pubicly. I'll say one thing for those liberals, it doesn't take much for them to throw one of their own under the bus... or in some situations, killed.

As to your driving... go to the bookstore and get audio books or something... LOL

Now doctors don't want anything to do with Obamacare - imagine that

http://nypost.com/2013/10/29/docs-resisting-obamacare/

These issues with the doctors refusing to participate is part of what I meant by the website problems being just the tip of the iceberg with the problems with Obamacare. This is going to lead to rationed care, denied services and inferior healthcare. The liberals had no idea there would be this much of a backlash from everyone.

These issues with the doctors refusing to participate is part of what I meant by the website problems being just the tip of the iceberg with the problems with Obamacare. This is going to lead to rationed care, denied services and inferior healthcare. The liberals had no idea there would be this much of a backlash from everyone.

and I say... HA HA HA ... let 'em reap what they sow!

Now, it's up to 1.5 million losing their healthcare because of Obamacare http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/28/ObamaCare-Costs-15-Million-Their-Health-Insurance-So-Far

^ It could go as high as 10 - 20 million losing their healthcare before it's over in 2014..... and the Obama people won't even say how many have signed up for barrycare. I would wager far more have lost their current healthcare than have signed up for their government run bs.

No kidding man, you could learn a foreign language! :)

You know 'cause Obama said we should ALL be bilingual......

Well, except for himself :)

Obama knows Indonesian, Arabic, Swahili, and English. I'm sure he knows some Spanish as well.

^ It could go as high as 10 - 20 million losing their healthcare before it's over in 2014..... and the Obama people won't even say how many have signed up for barrycare. I would wager far more have lost their current healthcare than have signed up for their government run bs.

He could care less....problem is, Obama's telling the insurance companies, DO NOT tell anybody how many have signed on.... awww... why not, didn't he campaign for conspiracy... I mean...he said he'd be as clear as a bell and everyone will know what he's doing... uh-huh...

So now it's a bad thing that people are going to get better coverage for cheaper?

Where are you getting your news dude? From Obama and Sebelius? LOL

From most of the news reporting, the exact opposite is true. We are hearing story after story about higher premiums, higher deductibles and less coverage and fewer choices. They are also being forced to leave their doctors.

Where are you getting your news dude? From Obama and Sebelius? LOL

From most of the news reporting, the exact opposite is true. We are hearing story after story about higher premiums, higher deductibles and less coverage and fewer choices. They are also being forced to leave their doctors.

Not only that, but friends testimonials as well. I've even heard some Obamacare supporters complain about the rising cost, but they are adamant that the increase is to help pay for the poor or those with pre-existing conditions. It's amazing. I wonder what would happen if you itemized your deductions, and tried to deduct your premiums since after all, they are a tax.

You are right, their plan all along was to force the private insurance companies out of business and eventually get to a single payer system. Obamacare was never really supposed to work other than as a transition step.

Bingo!!! We have a winner. Remember you first have to crash the current system to get the system that the President wanted in the first place.

Never let a good crisis go to waste. - Forgot who said that.