Waskom @ Hughes Springs - 9-2A Div II District Championship Game

BigDave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awe himself getting angry. Don't get put in the corner son, its only Tuesday. :)

At this rate Davis Smoak himself may have to get in here and referee this thread by mid next week.

At this rate Davis Smoak himself may have to get in here and referee this thread by mid next week.

DAVID I mean -- typo

DAVID I mean -- typo

No its all in good fun. Personally the only one I've seen throw a temper tantrum is jacket89, and I think that's just because he's still mad that they got their butts thumped by Waskom and HS! Lol

HS boys worked extremely hard all summer as always, so no advantage for Waskom on that. Yep, pretty much the same teams as last year.

Agree on that one. Hughes has the advantage in that they have had some level of success in this divisional level. They did get a tough playoff win before going down to a superior EF team? last year. Waskom has no playoff experience at all, other than Dillon Benton being at EF last year. Maybe that could help them. If though, the HS team and coaches are accepting Waskom as the Smoaky posters are, they will be surprised to some degree. I dont think they are though. Those coaches did not come to Waskom on the bye week just to entertain themselves.

No its all in good fun. Personally the only one I've seen throw a temper tantrum is jacket89, and I think that's just because he's still mad that they got their butts thumped by Waskom and HS! Lol

Naw dawg I knew we wasn't gonna beat Waskom & HS you kidding me I know what kind of team EF was returning a very young team I was just hoping for a 4th place finish and a playoff berth

Apparently I set up my handle as Ringside as an unconscious thing in regards to the future. I may have to set up a ring at the end of the endzone so the old geysers can duke it out over which team is better. No reason to play the game. Maybe the ring should be on the 50. Just let the Smoaky's get in and git r dun! The teams could watch and then see who wins. That way nobody gets hurt before the playoffs!

Matchup # 1 HS 88 vs. Waskom - Everybody in Waskom wants a piece of him.

Matchup #2 Horns 85 vs. Wild 74 - should be a good one.

Matchup #3 I will take on Mustangforlife - His posts have been more civil for the most part, so we could probably just agree to disagree and go have coffee, talk about it and determine the odds for the 2 teams to see each other in the playoffs.

+1

Apparently I set up my handle as Ringside as an unconscious thing in regards to the future. I may have to set up a ring at the end of the endzone so the old geysers can duke it out over which team is better. No reason to play the game. Maybe the ring should be on the 50. Just let the Smoaky's get in and git r dun! The teams could watch and then see who wins. That way nobody gets hurt before the playoffs!

Matchup # 1 HS 88 vs. Waskom - Everybody in Waskom wants a piece of him.

Matchup #2 Horns 85 vs. Wild 74 - should be a good one.

Matchup #3 I will take on Mustangforlife - His posts have been more civil for the most part, so we could probably just agree to disagree and go have coffee, talk about it and determine the odds for the 2 teams to see each other in the playoffs.

I could agree to this if it was 15 second rounds and the clowns from KYKX could be ringside announcers

I can only talk civil so long to these clowns and then they have to be talked to like children..... :P

Wild, as soon as your husband gets done mowing the yard let him understand that it's dangerous for you to talk about things you have no idea about!!

I personally sat and watched WaWa and ND, and I was a bit concerned after that game, given that the HS Defende seemed a bit porous, I'm not now!!!

My mistake that game though was sitting on the WaWa side!!!! Good Lawd, took years off my life sitting through that!!

Same story though,,, you have basically the same team from last year...... Both Johnsons were there last year right??? Okay, they had a couple runs last year, good for yall..... This time HS knows and won't have the starters pulled after the 2nd Quarter....

Just a thought on this -- Last year Waskom went to ND and played a horrible game in several phases of it. Those mistakes cost them the game and what was thought to be a playoff spot at the time. This year they jump ahead of ND and then started those same comedy of errors type things. The difference in those "same guys" was that if they wanted to do so, they could have scored a lot more than the what was on the scoreboard in this year's game. My point is - this means nothing next Friday night when the teams face off, except that Waskom is a much better team than last year's team.

HS, even if they are no better but as good as last years team, should be expected to win by at least 3 tds. Less than that should be considered disappointing to HS. But this I can tell you - if HS wins by 1 point... everybody there will be ecstatic - right?

Same story though,,, you have basically the same team from last year...... Both Johnsons were there last year right??? Okay, they had a couple runs last year, good for yall..... This time HS knows and won't have the starters pulled after the 2nd Quarter....

Just a thought on this -- Last year Waskom went to ND and played a horrible game in several phases of it. Those mistakes cost them the game and what was thought to be a playoff spot at the time. This year they jump ahead of ND and then started those same comedy of errors type things. The difference in those "same guys" was that if they wanted to do so, they could have scored a lot more than the what was on the scoreboard in this year's game. My point is - this means nothing next Friday night when the teams face off, except that Waskom is a much better team than last year's team.

HS, even if they are no better but as good as last years team, should be expected to win by at least 3 tds. Less than that should be considered disappointing to HS. But this I can tell you - if HS wins by 1 point... everybody there will be ecstatic - right?

Yep! A win is a win!

Haven't been to HS in while, do they have parking on the vistors side or is it pot luck like Queen City...And is the corn dog stand in the middle or home side?

Parking on Visitors side, concession stand on visitors side and even have bathrooms too on visitors side