Waskom @ Hughes Springs - 9-2A Div II District Championship Game

BigDave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that Martinez or Chad, is there anything he can't do

Michael is a FOOTBALL player. Not the biggest, not the fastest, but he gives 110%. His motor never stops running. He has some big shoes to fill. Chad will be missed on both sides of the ball. Good news is he should be ready for baseball season.

I told y'all two weeks ago! About waskom. Now do you believe me they are a good football team.

I believed you then. I just know HS is a good team as well and hoped we could pull one out. Kinda like yall did at Lobo last year. Ya never know. But I never doubted they were good. And fast. You da man Rock! I hate that you guys didn't make the playoffs.:(

Congrats on the district championship waskom! You guys deserve it! Now let's go rep. District 9 2a well! Good luck to all of the district.

Well I was about the only smart one from HS. I knew Waskom could win, but I didn't expect them to. I won't have to eat as much crow as 88 or horns! Lol I like mine BBQ. Yummy!

I believed you then. I just know HS is a good team as well and hoped we could pull one out. Kinda like yall did at Lobo last year. Ya never know. But I never doubted they were good. And fast. You da man Rock! I hate that you guys didn't make the playoffs.:(

i do to 88, sometimes it be like that. Good luck to district 9 in the playoff I'm pulling for you all.

Several things come to mind tonight as I have arrived from Hughes Springs, TX. Not going to try and rub anything in on anybody. Saw an exciting game and was never completely comfortable even though it became apparent early HS could not stop all of Waskoms attack.

I said early in the year on one of the threads, that Waskom has bought into the weight training program and it is showing. That was never more apparent this year than tonight. I would venture to say no program in East Texas has outworked the Waskom kids in that regard.

HS was geared to stop Kevin Johnson. They held him to 48 yards. I saw more than one occurrence that he would have gained considerable yardage, but could not get his legs going. Dillon and June Bug did not struggle in the grass as he did. My opinion is that HS does not wish to play Waskom again on a turf field.

I congratulate all the Waskom kids for a great season, and have been really pleased to watch them come from a doormat to a real program. Congratulations go to the coaches for their hard work and enthusiasm for the game and the kids. I congratulate the people down in Waskom for this year. Feels really good when your kids win a championship.

Game highlights> Waskom qb under a moving pile pushing the apparent bigger stronger HS kids backwards for a first down. Big crowd pleaser and a key in the game.

HS chance to get back in the game after the last second score before half. Got a turnover at mid field after one Waskom play. 3 and out - no damage from the turnover.

And then Junebug. He owns HS. Did it last year and was a human highlight reel tonight. I am sure #8

s jock strap still on the field. That was an amazing run by the bug. He caught a TD, threw a TD and the corner was chasing him instead of guarding his man. By the way Horns, not the first time they have done that this year. Bug is probably the best arm on the team. Hats off to Dillon Benton. Nobody can get the yards on HS between the tackles. Somebody forgot to tell him that.

Great year for football! Has been fun to watch my baby sister's husband get to coach in the play offs after 22 frustrating years of coaching. He deserve's the year they have had. Keep it going Cats. The year is not over for you!

P.S. I love the VINTAGE goal posts in the stadium. Felt like I had gone back in time!

Y'all thought olf JB was out of touch and didn't know what he was talking about... All i can say is "How do you like the tast of that crow"? lol

Also, my 20 point prediction was only two points off. We will go a long ways and wish we could play some of the bigger 2a schools! Tatum nor Daingerfield scares me!

Not much of a jingle tonight from jimmythebleep, just choke on your crow before you go to sleep.