NB@MV

kooldown54

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for the MV fans dat thought they was going to dominate 2a when they dropped from 3a

You know...that they have to absolutely HATE Redwater right now. I mean the past two years that they were SUPPOSED to make the playoffs, Redwater embarrases them both seasons. Then Redwater turns around and it would seem that RW loses to QC on purpose just to make MV stay home again! I can tell you QC earned their victory Friday night.

I doubt anyone from MV thought they were going to dominate 2A. I mean the year before they dropped they got stomped by Winny and Jefferson. Probably did not expect it to be so hard just to get into the playoffs though.

You have to admit that is what they might have thought last year after winning 7 straight games. Then they hit the brick wall of DF,NB, and RW and lost the last 3. Would have stunk to be that senior class!

The point that everyone always seems to miss is that Mt. Vernon was one of the four smallest 3A schools in Texas. The 2A cutoff in 2010 was 429. Mt. Vernon's 2010 snapshot enrollment was 433, and Shallowater also had 433 and Bowie and Kirbyville each had 432 . (Donna IDEA College Prep had 415 but was basketball only and requested to be eleveated to 3A). I looked it up because I knew there would be someone on here who would contradict me if I didn't have my numbers. Mt. Vernon's last few years in 3A, they were in District 15-AAA with North Lamar at 898, Paris at 890, L-E at 719, PG at 617 and Atlanta at 509.

My point is, Mt. Vernon never thought they were going to drop down to 2A and "dominate", they were just wanting to compete against schools with closer enrollments where they could at least have a chance to be more competitive. The 2A football district they drew is a tough one, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone in Mt. Vernon who didn't know that from the beginning. A 3-3 record and missing out on the playoffs on the points tiebreaker is competitive, and for someone to say, "Maybe the UIL will make a mistake and drop them to 1A so they can compete" is disrespectful. But, then again, I've been reading these boards long enough to know that you just have to consider the source and understand that some fans of successful programs have tunnel vision and don't always display the humility they should.

The point that everyone always seems to miss is that Mt. Vernon was one of the four smallest 3A schools in Texas. The 2A cutoff in 2010 was 429. Mt. Vernon's 2010 snapshot enrollment was 433, and Shallowater also had 433 and Bowie and Kirbyville each had 432 . (Donna IDEA College Prep had 415 but was basketball only and requested to be eleveated to 3A). I looked it up because I knew there would be someone on here who would contradict me if I didn't have my numbers. Mt. Vernon's last few years in 3A, they were in District 15-AAA with North Lamar at 898, Paris at 890, L-E at 719, PG at 617 and Atlanta at 509.

My point is, Mt. Vernon never thought they were going to drop down to 2A and "dominate", they were just wanting to compete against schools with closer enrollments where they could at least have a chance to be more competitive. The 2A football district they drew is a tough one, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone in Mt. Vernon who didn't know that from the beginning. A 3-3 record and missing out on the playoffs on the points tiebreaker is competitive, and for someone to say, "Maybe the UIL will make a mistake and drop them to 1A so they can compete" is disrespectful. But, then again, I've been reading these boards long enough to know that you just have to consider the source and understand that some fans of successful programs have tunnel vision and don't always display the humility they should.

MV will compete well in 2a. Just fell into a dist with teams having up years. The pendilum will swing

My earlier post was towards Tatum and NB not MV. Just trying to stir them a lil. Quit crying or someone will give you a cry towel bro.

But, then again, I've been reading these boards long enough to know that you just have to consider the source and understand that some fans of successful programs have tunnel vision and don't always display the humility they should.

I wonder what program you could be referring to? lol

Pretty reasonable statement.

But, don't let what anybody on Smoaky says ruffle your feathers.

Daingerfield takes loads of mess from every different direction. People hate/envy successful programs. We keep our head on a swivel and fight off the haters at every angle. And, sometimes throw out some pre-emptive attacks to keep folks on their heels.

It's just part of the dog and pony show man.

Pretty reasonable statement.

But, don't let what anybody on Smoaky says ruffle your feathers.

Daingerfield takes loads of mess from every different direction. People hate/envy successful programs. We keep our head on a swivel and fight off the haters at every angle. And, sometimes throw out some pre-emptive attacks to keep folks on their heels.

It's just part of the dog and pony show man.

No, people dislike homers who have no sense of humility.

I looked at the film today and I confirm the score is what it is. Both teams spent as much time on the ground as standing up while trying to run the ball. In defence of the MV receivers the cootball was like catching a greased pig. The bigest problem withe the MV passing game (besides NB pressure) was the QB throwing without solid footing. There was none to be had