Winnsboro vs Malakoff

BigRedFan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to this game next week. I have thought all year that Malakoff was the best team in the district by far but after them losing to Lone Oak i wasnt real sure. I think we will all find out next week just how good the Raiders really are because i can guarantee the Tigers will be fired up and ready to go after last years beat down. If the raiders turn the ball over like they did last night it could be a long night. Hows the injury situation for Malakoff? If i was to be honest, if someone would have told me at the beginning of the season that Winnsboro would be 7-2 heading into the last game of the season with a chance at an outright District Championship then i probably would have not agreed with them but these boys have done a remarkable job all year getting better each week and i cant wait to see what happens next week.

We are not really surprised that the Red Raiders are where they are because off the respect that we have for the program Coach Pinnell has built

We talked during the summer about how by week 10 his young team would be seasoned and tough

As far injuries our starting qb is gone for the year and his passing arm really made us hard to defend.

Damontes Dowell only played a quarter and half Friday Night is status is questionable

We really played with effort last night and all I can guarantee is that we will show up ready to play unlike we did at Lone Oak

We are not really surprised that the Red Raiders are where they are because off the respect that we have for the program Coach Pinnell has built

We talked during the summer about how by week 10 his young team would be seasoned and tough

As far injuries our starting qb is gone for the year and his passing arm really made us hard to defend.

Damontes Dowell only played a quarter and half Friday Night is status is questionable

We really played with effort last night and all I can guarantee is that we will show up ready to play unlike we did at Lone Oak

I am with you. The Wboro staff does a fantastic job with those kids. I been saying all year that at the end of the dance they would be one of the last ones on the floor in that district in spite of losing all those VIP seniors last year. There are THOSE on this site purportedly Wboro fans and I shant mention any names that did not have faith in the team this year. It was not ten minutes before last season was over that these so called fans were calling for the heads of the Coaching Staff. I did not understand it then I do not now. That staff has gotten EVERYTHING out of the level of ability of the talent they have on hand for more than a couple of years now. Some people do not have a clue how good they have it. There are more than a few programs in the state with the same talent that Wboro puts on the field every year that average three or four wins a year in a GOOD year and a playoff appearance every decade or so. Be careful what you wish for when you say you need a change. When you make a change there are TWO directions you can go in.

Regarding this game I feel that since it is at Malakoff the game should be a "pickem" to a lean toward the home team, if the Tiger QB was healthy I think Malakoff would win and would not have lost to Lone Oak. But he ain't so what are you gonna do? Gotta dance with the one you got. Like Darrell Royal used to say "old ugly is better than old nothing". I understand the Tiger defense got back some essential people that were banged up so that should help. But one thing for sure.......NEVER underestimate Winnsboro in that district.

I say raiders will win by at least 2. I hope for a good game from malakoff and hope they remain healthy going into playiffs- but i gotta stick with my raiders. Like chevy said- barring turnovers- they are playing strong. I have been proud and impressed with the effort of this young team. I don't need to wait until later in the week to say "go red!"

I am with you. The Wboro staff does a fantastic job with those kids. I been saying all year that at the end of the dance they would be one of the last ones on the floor in that district in spite of losing all those VIP seniors last year. There are THOSE on this site purportedly Wboro fans and I shant mention any names that did not have faith in the team this year. It was not ten minutes before last season was over that these so called fans were calling for the heads of the Coaching Staff. I did not understand it then I do not now. That staff has gotten EVERYTHING out of the level of ability of the talent they have on hand for more than a couple of years now. Some people do not have a clue how good they have it. There are more than a few programs in the state with the same talent that Wboro puts on the field every year that average three or four wins a year in a GOOD year and a playoff appearance every decade or so. Be careful what you wish for when you say you need a change. When you make a change there are TWO directions you can go in.

Regarding this game I feel that since it is at Malakoff the game should be a "pickem" to a lean toward the home team, if the Tiger QB was healthy I think Malakoff would win and would not have lost to Lone Oak. But he ain't so what are you gonna do? Gotta dance with the one you got. Like Darrell Royal used to say "old ugly is better than old nothing". I understand the Tiger defense got back some essential people that were banged up so that should help. But one thing for sure.......NEVER underestimate Winnsboro in that district.

Until you walk a mile in their shoes who are you to judge?

Winnsboro boys know that offense coming out if the womb. It's in their DNA. A coaching change would hurt winnsboro bad if they ever made that decision. Take it from a guy who roots for a team that was in that situation. Mv use to make playoffs and go pretty deep every year until 2005 when everyone in the town wanted a coaching change for years for some reason. And since he left we haven't made the playoffs since. Appreciate what you have in knowing that your coaching staff is a winning one.

I agree with 100%. Pinnell has his faults like everyone else, but he is a Winner. I said last year the same as I said many years ago, what he is able to accomplish with so little talent is nothing short of amazing. Take it from someone who played there while he was still an assistant, he is a great coach on and off the field. He has no doubt accomplished things and taken teams way further than they should have gone.

Hats off to what he has been able to accomplish so far this year, and what he may before it is over. There are lots of people, including myself, that did not think we would be where we are right now.

In my opinion, this will be by far the raiders toughest test since the Tatum game. If you throw out the two losses to them and mineola, the defense has been outstanding all year. I believe that they will need to have their best game of the season this week. The news that the tigers qb is out and the rb being hobbled could definitely swing some favor towards the raiders. Malakoff still has playmakers on the field so it will be crucial for the defense to pay attention and make sure everyone is taking care of their responsibilities. The defensive line has been playing great and they will need to have another great game this week. I would like to see them be able to get a little more pressure on the qb so that it would take stress off the back end of the defense. Tiger fans, what or who will need the raiders attention the most come friday?

It will depend on who is able to go. Marcus Dowell will get his carries and Darren Jackson has looked good filling in for D. Dowell

Jared Givins has made big plays running and catching from the slot and backfield

Despite what someone had said on here our most improved area has been offensive and defensive line play. The leader up front is senior Isarel Chavez

Chevy what is the Red Raider sub varsities records?

Our JV and 8th will be trying to finish the season undefeated there Thursday night

Our 7th has improved through year and has won couple district games in a row