Hallsville @ Texas High

eagles67

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calpreps has Texas High by 17 also.

I do believe that Hallsville will have the best defense we have faced in district, so I expect a closer game. However, I do believe the Tiger defense will be the difference.

Your prob right I really see the boys having a lot of fire senior night chance to win it out right. They will be ready to play.

You'd take Hunter and Norton's kid over one of the best quarterbacks in ET history, who reset every passing record at Arkansas, and is the heir apparent to Tom Brady in NE?

:hmm:

lol this texas high team would be WAAYY better with Mallett. They have an incredible defense but their offense will have to step way up to make a run at state..don't let the points they have put up fool you, they don't have the best offense. Our (Liberty Eylau) shut down their offense in the 1st half without our best player touching the field. Their defense had 3 takeaways in the 2nd half that setup their scoring.

But their defense is the best in NE Texas

lol this texas high team would be WAAYY better with Mallett. They have an incredible defense but their offense will have to step way up to make a run at state..don't let the points they have put up fool you, they don't have the best offense. Our (Liberty Eylau) shut down their offense in the 1st half without our best player touching the field. Their defense had 3 takeaways in the 2nd half that setup their scoring.

But their defense is the best in NE Texas

True but if your defense can give a so so offense field position you got a chance to win a lot of games.

Marshall was very good. He was also behind the best OL, the best WRs, and the best RB we have seen. That certainly factors into how he is remembered. I would have to certainly disagree with anybody that would say he was better than Mallett

Mallett is the most physically gifted QB I've ever seen.

Only he has a penchant for throwing critical late-game interceptions a la Romo.

Mallett is the most physically gifted QB I've ever seen.

Only he has a penchant for throwing critical late-game interceptions a la Romo.

You can say anything you want. He only lost a couple of games in highschool & they weren't on last second game interceptions. I wasn't referring to anything at the University level. Feels like you are using a dislike for Ryan to alter the facts.

You have to give proper due to the high school QBs that beat Texas High in the playoffs his junior & senior years. Brett Stafford the starting Detroit QB and Robert Griffen III. Anyone ever hear of either of those two guys.

But this is 2013 and our opponent is Hallsville. I think this Texas High defense is the second best D that a Norton coached team has fielded. I would put the Chris Collins/Dustin Earnest LB combo team ahead of this group. But the 2013 D is fun to watch.

You have to give proper due to the high school QBs that beat Texas High in the playoffs his junior & senior years. Brett Stafford the starting Detroit QB and Robert Griffen III. Anyone ever hear of either of those two guys.

But this is 2013 and our opponent is Hallsville. I think this Texas High defense is the second best D that a Norton coached team has fielded. I would put the Chris Collins/Dustin Earnest LB combo team ahead of this group. But the 2013 D is fun to watch.

You mean Matthew Stafford lol