Elysian Fields @ Paul Pewitt

SteelJacket

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully while you EF guys are at Pewitt this week we can learn your secret on how to beat Hughes Springs in the playoffs and not in district play. I think I will call it the E/F Hustle.

EF guys, don't fall for it, the Pewitt guys will wanna know the secret handshake next

I look for the Bulls to win, but I 'spect it's gonna be a fight from start to finish.

Good luck & safe travels to all!!!

GO BRAHMAS GO!!!!

I agree......but it will be a fight.....our seniors have been winning thier whole lives and they are not going out without a fight.....I'm glad our last game win or lose will be agaist a class program like Pewitt. Losing our senior Qb and a new coaching staff have just been too much to overcome this year, in another year or two when our freshman Qb and coaching staff work out all the kinks EF will be back in form. Roll Jackets!!!

I agree......but it will be a fight.....our seniors have been winning thier whole lives and they are not going out without a fight.....I'm glad our last game win or lose will be agaist a class program like Pewitt. Losing our senior Qb and a new coaching staff have just been too much to overcome this year, in another year or two when our freshman Qb and coaching staff work out all the kinks EF will be back in form. Roll Jackets!!!

That kind of change all at once is definitely a challenge for any team. We were in that boat last year, & man was it the pits!! It was so hard to watch the Srs., who'd always been on a powerhouse team, fight thru such a rough season! But, after a year together the coaches gelled, & found some young players who've been able to step up & fill in the gaps left by those we lost. And, they've had a much better year. I suspect the same will happen for y'all next season. Don't know if we'll be playing each other then, but if we are, I guarantee EF won't be taken lightly, regardless of this years outcome. And anyone who does, is a fool!!

Always had respect for PP, but gained even more after watching the PP kids play at EF last year. I knew right then y'all would be a hand full for everybody in district this year, and they've proved me right. Hoping for a good game for the seniors on both sides, but it's looking like my senior may miss the last game, we'll see Friday I guess.

Always had respect for PP, but gained even more after watching the PP kids play at EF last year. I knew right then y'all would be a hand full for everybody in district this year, and they've proved me right. Hoping for a good game for the seniors on both sides, but it's looking like my senior may miss the last game, we'll see Friday I guess.

Oh man I hope he doesn't Dave!!! Would hate that for both of ya. Home or away, bad year or the best, that last game is one you never forget! Hope everything works out for him.

Hopefully while you EF guys are at Pewitt this week we can learn your secret on how to beat Hughes Springs in the playoffs and not in district play. I think I will call it the E/F Hustle.

The current coaching staff most likely does'nt know, but there are still a couple of coaches from last year that might. We might have to use it agaist PP since ya'lls offenses are so similar.....lol.

They are similar but ran different in my opinion. The key to our offense is to stop the line play. One of the reasons Pewitt is doing better this year. We only lose two of the front seven on offense for next year. So this year is just a taste of what's to come.

EF needs to win this game to avoid having the worst record since the 92 season when they were 3-7.

Well unless a lot of things change this week (which I don't see happening) we're most likely looking at 3-7. Unless we end up in a powder puff district next year it will most likely be the same.

Well unless a lot of things change this week (which I don't see happening) we're most likely looking at 3-7. Unless we end up in a powder puff district next year it will most likely be the same.

EF kids will be much improved next yr now way they will be a 3-7 team I don't care what district there in next yr!

The cut off last realignment was 295 that number usually don't go up but 5-10 kids. But the uil not always does stuff the usual way so it will be interesting to see where that number is

quote name="YELLOWJACKET89" post="1978151" timestamp="1383617858"]

306 is not close to being in the district with any D1 schools next yr they will be similar schools in D2