Elysian Fields @ Paul Pewitt

SteelJacket

Mr. East Texas Football Fan,

You won't call em out on a public forum, but you will trash talk them at practice. Our Seniors haven't given up. They have been given up.

They have been listening to how the coaches can't wait for this this seaon to end so coaches can fix problems in the off season and build a

team for next year. This season wasn't over. How do you think they feel? I feel confident that our quarterback will be awesome in a few

years but what happens if he all of a sudden loses his position his senior year? Not because being replaced by someone better, but to get

ready for next year! I have seen many seniors ride the sidelines this year who were stripped of their positions for no apparent reason. They

get in there and play to the best of their ability, but you can' hold them resplonsle for all o the mistakes. I am Jacket fan.....win or lose. Yes

I see problems like we all do on the field, off the field, in the field house....with players, coaches, and definitly parents. We need to stick

together and encourage all no matter how bad it gets!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't call em out on a public forum, but you will trash talk them at practice. Our Seniors haven't given up. They have been given up.

They have been listening to how the coaches can't wait for this this seaon to end so coaches can fix problems in the off season and build a

team for next year. This season wasn't over. How do you think they feel? I feel confident that our quarterback will be awesome in a few

years but what happens if he all of a sudden loses his position his senior year? Not because being replaced by someone better, but to get

ready for next year! I have seen many seniors ride the sidelines this year who were stripped of their positions for no apparent reason. They

get in there and play to the best of their ability, but you can' hold them resplonsle for all o the mistakes. I am Jacket fan.....win or lose. Yes

I see problems like we all do on the field, off the field, in the field house....with players, coaches, and definitly parents. We need to stick

You tell 'em lady.

All that's true but I know ETFF and all he's doing is sticking up for his sons coach when he gets blasted for no good reason this is a rebuilding yr for EF and that's the cold hard facts and anyone else who saw a repeat of Last yrs team is crazy to think we had that kind of team returning

ready for next year! I have seen many seniors ride the sidelines this year who were stripped of their positions for no apparent reason. They k

Wow!

Ô¿Ô

No amount of practice equals actual game experience, so I fully understand coaches wanting the youngsters to get as much playing time as possible, but not at the expense of perfectly healthy & able starters. Especially their most experienced & typically best players, the seniors. Pretty hard to grasp any such!

I wonder, when did this practice begin?? Has it been going on all season, or is this a more recent development of the last few weeks or so??

Don't be so shocked about that. Happened at Pewitt a few years back when Huckabay took over. It is a common approach. Stinks for the ones going out but it is a proven way to kick start a new system. I'm not saying it's right just that it happens. In our society today we have made the coaches win now or get fired.

All that's true but I know ETFF and all he's doing is sticking up for his sons coach when he gets blasted for no good reason this is a rebuilding yr for EF and that's the cold hard facts and anyone else who saw a repeat of Last yrs team is crazy to think we had that kind of team returning

Who has blasted his sons coach, is'nt he all our sons coach ,I have not seen anyone blast the coach, please go find that post. It's not a rebuilding year when half your starters come back, maybe not Semi-finalist but not rebuilding. Who is as good of an athelete coming up as the seniors we now have, rebuilding...... that may be what some of the coaches are thinking but they are going to be disappointed....the cold hard fact is that after this year EF is going to struggle even more. You tell me who coming up can match up with Norman, Wall, Jett, Simmons, Davis, Davis, Holcomb, etc.

+1

Who has blasted his sons coach, is'nt he all our sons coach ,I have not seen anyone blast the coach, please go find that post. It's not a rebuilding year when half your starters come back, maybe not Semi-finalist but not rebuilding. Who is as good of an athelete coming up as the seniors we now have, rebuilding...... that may be what some of the coaches are thinking but they are going to be disappointed....the cold hard fact is that after this year EF is going to struggle even more. You tell me who coming up can match up with Norman, Wall, Jett, Simmons, Davis, Davis, Holcomb, etc.

The same kind of kids the one you just named will are coming up just like these seniors had to go through remember and yes when you lose 6 or 7 skill kids and only return 1 RB I say your rebuilding cause we sure didn't reload this yr

If you think EF don't have talent coming up then you just don't know there is plenty of them and if you think EF is gonna struggle then so be it I think we're gonna be just fine and why do you think we struggled this yr with the seniors we have now?

The same kind of kids the one you just named will are coming up just like these seniors had to go through remember and yes when you lose 6 or 7 skill kids and only return 1 RB I say your rebuilding cause we sure didn't reload this yr

I don't see the same kind of ones coming up.....and I'm at practice almost everyday. I haven't seen any undefeated jr. high teams lately either. We did'nt reload becuse new coaching staff chose to not let anybody play both ways until now. We returned plenty of skill, some that did'nt play skill positions last year because they were'nt needed.

If you think EF don't have talent coming up then you just don't know there is plenty of them and if you think EF is gonna struggle then so be it I think we're gonna be just fine and why do you think we struggled this yr with the seniors we have now?

I did'nt say they don't have talent coming up, just not the same amount as we have now. Yes IMO I think they are going to struggle.....hey I hope I'm dead wrong.. One reason we struggled so much is becuase we did'nt play our seniors both ways like every team we played and like our team last year.

I don't see the same kind of ones coming up.....and I'm at practice almost everyday. I haven't seen any undefeated jr. high teams lately either. We did'nt reload becuse new coaching staff chose to not let anybody play both ways until now. We returned plenty of skill, some that did'nt play skill positions last year because they were'nt needed.

If your at practice everday SJ then your a poor judgement of talent to say that are you serious you must kidding me and you dont need any undefeated jr. high teams to judge what kids are gonna be like in upcoming yrs alot of kids are late bloomers and i don't care if we had some kids going both ways we would've gotten the same whooping from HS & Waskom maybe not ND and soon to be PP and we didn't have plenty of skill returning now i don't know who your thinking about but we only had 1 returning skill and he was a starter and thats Tanner Davis #2 and you say some didn't play skill last yr because they were'nt needed please tell me who they are? and if you can what position and also yes we have plenty of young talent coming from the jr. high & jv but to start you said you don't see them well here's some in case you didn't notice and i'm gonna stick with the off. Logan-QB, Dylan-WR, Jarmarcus-WR, Brevin-WR, David-WR, Jacoby-RB, Reese-OL, Luke-OL just to name a few and yes if you don't know their all Sophmores & Freshmans on varsity now theirs some coach moved up a couple of weeks ago that are Sophmores too but i don't know their name and i left a few more young ones out but i wanted to start there first now seriously if you don't see the up side in them then i'm sorry your full ******!

Really the same kind what kind if your at practice everday SJ then your a poor judgement of talent to say that are you serious you must kidding me and you dont need any undefeated jr. high teams to judge what kids are gonna be like in upcoming yrs alot of kids are late bloomers and i don't care if we had some kids going both ways we would've gotten the same whooping from HS & Waskom maybe not ND and soon to be PP and we didn't have plenty of skill returning now i don't know who your thinking about but we only had 1 returning skill and he was a starter and thats Tanner Davis #2 and you say some didn't play skill last yr because they were'nt needed please tell me who they are? and if you can what position and also yes we have plenty of young talent coming from the jr. high & jv but to start you said you don't see them well here's some in case you didn't notice and i'm gonna stick with the off. Logan-QB, Dylan-WR, Jarmarcus-WR, Brevin-WR, David-WR, Jacoby-RB, Reese-OL, Luke-OL just to name a few and yes if you don't know their all Sophmores & Freshmans on varsity now theirs some coach moved up a couple of weeks ago that are Sophmores too but i don't know their name and i left a few more young ones out but i wanted to start there first now seriously if you don't see the up side in them then i'm sorry your full ******!

If your at practice everday SJ then your a poor judgement of talent to say that are you serious you must kidding me and you dont need any undefeated jr. high teams to judge what kids are gonna be like in upcoming yrs alot of kids are late bloomers and i don't care if we had some kids going both ways we would've gotten the same whooping from HS & Waskom maybe not ND and soon to be PP and we didn't have plenty of skill returning now i don't know who your thinking about but we only had 1 returning skill and he was a starter and thats Tanner Davis #2 and you say some didn't play skill last yr because they were'nt needed please tell me who they are? and if you can what position and also yes we have plenty of young talent coming from the jr. high & jv but to start you said you don't see them well here's some in case you didn't notice and i'm gonna stick with the off. Logan-QB, Dylan-WR, Jarmarcus-WR, Brevin-WR, David-WR, Jacoby-RB, Reese-OL, Luke-OL just to name a few and yes if you don't know their all Sophmores & Freshmans on varsity now theirs some coach moved up a couple of weeks ago that are Sophmores too but i don't know their name and i left a few more young ones out but i wanted to start there first now seriously if you don't see the up side in them then i'm sorry your full ******!

I don't want to fight with you and everybody is entitled to thier own opinion. Hey, I may be a terrible judge of talent, time will tell. Returning skill players Tanner Davis, Colby Simmons, Tanner Norman (who was'nt used at a skill position last year and played as a back up tightend) Drake Davis (who was out hurt and is now our best receiver) Some of the freshman and soph would'nt be needed on varsity if we played both ways like last year. The ones that got moved up a week ago was because we did not have a jv game. Lets talk about some that you mentioned Brevin (kicked off team), David (moved back to jv weeks ago) Jacoby (kicked off team) Luke ( removed from starting position 2 weeks ago) We also had three returning starting linemen in Wall, Jett and Holcomb, there pretty important too... not just the skill players. I'm not knocking the kids we have, but if you think they match up with what we graduated last year and the seniors of this year I'm sorry but your full of .......! Here's the difference between you and me ....your talking about a team "thats just fine"....I want a team that wins championships. You go look at Gilmer,Tatum, Dangerfield and even EF championship teams they were all very good jr high teams also. I support EF... just calling it as I see it...hoping I'm wrong....would make me delighted....lol.

I don't want to fight with you and everybody is entitled to thier own opinion. Hey, I may be a terrible judge of talent, time will tell. Returning skill players Tanner Davis, Colby Simmons, Tanner Norman (who was'nt used at a skill position last year and played as a back up tightend) Drake Davis (who was out hurt and is now our best receiver) Some of the freshman and soph would'nt be needed on varsity if we played both ways like last year. The ones that got moved up a week ago was because we did not have a jv game. Lets talk about some that you mentioned Brevin (kicked off team), David (moved back to jv weeks ago) Jacoby (kicked off team) Luke ( removed from starting position 2 weeks ago) We also had three returning starting linemen in Wall, Jett and Holcomb, there pretty important too... not just the skill players. I'm not knocking the kids we have, but if you think they match up with what we graduated last year and the seniors of this year I'm sorry but your full of .......! Here's the difference between you and me ....your talking about a team "thats just fine"....I want a team that wins championships. You go look at Gilmer,Tatum, Dangerfield and even EF championship teams they were all very good jr high teams also. I support EF... just calling it as I see it...hoping I'm wrong....would make me delighted....lol.

Take the bad with the good EF will be back strong next yr and stop complaining about our team we're just not that good this yr and the ones kicked off the team will be fine its happen before and if thats what your complaining about championshis well hell we ain't got that kind of team yet and i didn't say we had kids that are just as good as the seniors i said they will be in a couple of yrs and you know what your are wrong!

Take the bad with the good EF will be back strong again and stop complaining about our team this yr we're that good get over it and the ones kicked off the team will be fine its happen before and if thats what your complaining about championships well hell we ain't got that kind of team yet and i didn't say we had kids that are just as good as the seniors i said they will be in a couple of yrs and you know what your are wrong!

Take the bad with the good EF will be back strong next yr and stop complaining about our team we're just not that good this yr and the ones kicked off the team will be fine its happen before and if thats what your complaining about championships well hell we ain't got that kind of team yet and i didn't say we had kids that are just as good as the seniors i said they will be in a couple of yrs and you know what your are wrong!

Take the bad with the good EF will be back strong next yr and stop complaining about our team we're just not that good this yr and the ones kicked off the team will be fine its happen before and if thats what your complaining about championshis well hell we ain't got that kind of team yet and i didn't say we had kids that are just as good as the seniors i said they will be in a couple of yrs and you know what your are wrong!

Yeah, I hope I am wrong, will make me and you happy.

Oh yea and btw EF's best receiver is a freshman Dylan Parker!

Ok. if you say so. BTW Norman and Simmons would also be excellent recievers if they would have let them play both ways. We wouldn't need all the freshman , soph, and junior receivers as starters.

Boy, O boy, here we go!!!!

Rock sounds like things are tough this year over in EF. I told you, lowman and others a couple of years ago that the tide was turning when other schools in the district started taking transfers..... sounds like the prediction has come true. Best of luck to the SR players and the rest of the team this Friday.