Lindale v Jacksonville Finish

Birdball

Does anyone have any video footage of the finish to this game? It was one of the best finishes to any football game I've seen. Especially for high school football. Jacksonville fought their tail off to come back, and Lindale had perfect execution to their last 2 plays. It was an incredible game!

Nobody was videoing their son/grandson? I figured someone on this board would have something. I would love to see how Lindale ran their lateral. I think it looked like what Boise St. ran against OU in the Fiesta Bowl a few years back. What did the others at the game think about the ending?

Coaching at Jville is the worst I've ever seen. If I was the qb I would transfer to another school. You cannot blame the kids, they play hard. I watched them play Palestine and they ran the same play over 20 times and jville could not stop it. They have over 12 coaches on the field and not one had a clue. CLEAN HOUSE.

Well I wasn't trying to talk bad about the coaching at Jacksonville. They seem to have played some good teams early on, and had some bad luck in district. It seemed that the kids played hard until the end, and in my opinion that is one sign that the coaches are doing the right thing.

Coaching at Jville is the worst I've ever seen. If I was the qb I would transfer to another school. You cannot blame the kids, they play hard. I watched them play Palestine and they ran the same play over 20 times and jville could not stop it. They have over 12 coaches on the field and not one had a clue. CLEAN HOUSE.

I don't know who you are, you have expressed your opinion, so let me express mine . . . you are the one who is really clueless here. QB transfer? Give me a break, that's the problem with these kinds of attitudes. Things don't go well, abandon ship. Remember, you can't transfer for athletic reasons. Did you know that?

Look, I've seen every game, every play, up close, and our coaches have coached their tails off. The players have played their tails off. What are you going off of? One game? The record? Look, coaches coach and players play . . . coaches don't make plays, only players. Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 his first year wIth Dallas. Was he a bad coach that year? Think about it.

I believe Jacksonville has the problem Palestine had for several years. Lack of quality Lineman on both sides.

Jacksonville was weak up front this year. With young kids, who probably would not play for many of the teams in their district. You can't choose your players, so sometimes the 6'2 200 pound basketball kid has to play left guard. The thing is, you have to imagine there are a few kids walking the halls that could help. How do you get those kids out...I have no idea.

Maybe Jacksonville will get helped out by going down in class, but I think they turned in a few too many to get into 4a Div. 1 next year.

Lest we forget jax was a playoff team last year and they also have a rich football tradition. taber is a awesome coach and I believe they will return to the postseason next year.

If they continue on the current track with the amount of kids playing football they will not make the palyoffs. With 4 teams making the playoffs you could go 1-9 and be in. But maybe im wrong and like stated above the cowboys where 1-15 and won the super later. But also remember they trader mr. Walker for alot of 1st round draft picks. I love Jville Ndns and they have a rich tradition but I promise the past 3 yrs has been tuff.

Jacksonville is also bleeding move outs. Some football players have moved out the last 5-7 years, while kids who will not play football have moved in.

Yes, Jax has lost some kids . . . bleeding, eh, I don't know if I would say that. Our numbers are OK in the program -- but when kids don't take care of their business and they fail in the classroom, then you get 30 kids on the sidelines like we had last Friday vs. Lindale, 19 on the JV, and about 22 freshman. Some of our kids just need to grow up and learn how to take care of their business in the classroom. Many of them just didn't and that kind of stuff runs in cycles, too. Be aware that Jax typically has 40-45 players on the sidelines on Friday nights. This is just one of those years . . .

Hey, seeing your name . . . I have to ask . . . what in the world has happened to the population at Palestine HS. They turned in . . . 785? They were at 1250+ just 10 years ago when then were in 4A with Jax (last 4A time for Palestine was in 2003-2004). How does a school lose that many kids in that period of time? If Jax has been bleeding . . . Palestine has been hemmoraging and I do not mean that disrespectfully, just curious. I couldn't believe that number! They're not going to Westwood because they have been dropping,t oo. What gives there?

I appreciate all of these comments. In doing the games on the radio for 32 years now, I can tell you (whoever said it) that CYCLES do happen. I've seen at least 4 major ones in these last 32 years. One year doesn't make a trend and Chris Taber didn't just fall of the truck, either. He can coach! He'll turn this thing around . . . and I appreciate those who said that.

Yes, Jax has lost some kids . . . bleeding, eh, I don't know if I would say that. Our numbers are OK in the program -- but when kids don't take care of their business and they fail in the classroom, then you get 30 kids on the sidelines like we had last Friday vs. Lindale, 19 on the JV, and about 22 freshman. Some of our kids just need to grow up and learn how to take care of their business in the classroom. Many of them just didn't and that kind of stuff runs in cycles, too. Be aware that Jax typically has 40-45 players on the sidelines on Friday nights. This is just one of those years . . .

Hey, seeing your name . . . I have to ask . . . what in the world has happened to the population at Palestine HS. They turned in . . . 785? They were at 1250+ just 10 years ago when then were in 4A with Jax (last 4A time for Palestine was in 2003-2004). How does a school lose that many kids in that period of time? If Jax has been bleeding . . . Palestine has been hemmoraging and I do not mean that disrespectfully, just curious. I couldn't believe that number! They're not going to Westwood because they have been dropping,t oo. What gives there?

I appreciate all of these comments. In doing the games on the radio for 32 years now, I can tell you (whoever said it) that CYCLES do happen. I've seen at least 4 major ones in these last 32 years. One year doesn't make a trend and Chris Taber didn't just fall of the truck, either. He can coach! He'll turn this thing around . . . and I appreciate those who said that.

Hasn't the town of Jacksonville suffered the shutdown or closing of several large business in the area? If that is true that could directly effect the drop in enrollment.

Palestine has been losing tons of kids. About 2004-5 it was the lack of a quality education that was driving some to the towns of Cayuga, Elkhart, Frankston and those areas.

The school was a mess with drugs, gangs, that sort of thing during the 90's and I think that stigma led to several young families moving out. Those young Families are gone, but it took a while for them to disappear.

Now with just 800 students, it was a combination of all those things above. The school is brand new, the facilities are great, the admin that is in place has been doing a good job, yet we still are shrinking. I think it still goes back to the idea of Palestine being a "ghetto" school. It may not be Whitehouse or Lindale, but we have good kids here and a good community.

I live in Jacksonville and my opinion of the state of Jacksonville football. It is not the coaches fault or the players. Jacksonville has some great kids and I do not know the coaches but I do know the kids. I think they are trying to put together a 4A football team with a 2A pool of players to choose from. The hispanic population in Jacksonville I believe is the majority now, and most of the hispanics do not play football. Just my opinion.

Palestine has been losing tons of kids. About 2004-5 it was the lack of a quality education that was driving some to the towns of Cayuga, Elkhart, Frankston and those areas.

The school was a mess with drugs, gangs, that sort of thing during the 90's and I think that stigma led to several young families moving out. Those young Families are gone, but it took a while for them to disappear.

Now with just 800 students, it was a combination of all those things above. The school is brand new, the facilities are great, the admin that is in place has been doing a good job, yet we still are shrinking. I think it still goes back to the idea of Palestine being a "ghetto" school. It may not be Whitehouse or Lindale, but we have good kids here and a good community.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I think it's an economic thing. Jax has lost several plants and businesses . . . as has many other towns. I understand Catepillar is about to shut down in Kilgore -- 100 jobs. I know Palestine lost some jobs, too. Mt. Pleasant was decimated by two major plant closings. This is happening all over East Texas and explains why so many former 4A schools are now 3A -- Kilgore, Henderson, Carthage, Chapel Hill, Crockett, Palestine, etc...people are having to move where the jobs are in greater Houston or the Metroplex. It's mostly young middle class families, too. Here in Jax, if you aren't self-employed or work for the JISD, your job / career choice is limited. Sad, but it's just business. That affects school populations for sure. We have a huge problem with subsidized housing in Jax, too. I know everyone needs a place to live . . . but some of these places are downright atrocious. It is a huge problem here. I know everyone has a right to make a living . . . and I know many of these guys doing it . . . but it has negatively impacted our town. It is not even the same as it was just 5 years ago. When you can rent a house for $ 300 (government pays $ 500) then you can imagine what kind of property it is . . . there is no middle class anymore here. BUT -- that is NOT just in Jax, it's getting to be everywhere.

I live in Jacksonville and my opinion of the state of Jacksonville football. It is not the coaches fault or the players. Jacksonville has some great kids and I do not know the coaches but I do know the kids. I think they are trying to put together a 4A football team with a 2A pool of players to choose from. The hispanic population in Jacksonville I believe is the majority now, and most of the hispanics do not play football. Just my opinion.

I agree with your post 100!!