'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which I will do plenty of, but not quite as much as I did after the Redwater game. This is a better loss than that was a win. :)

Tip o' the cap to Red Oak Life. They're good and that spurt at the end of the first half was too much. Clarksville never closer than 5 in the second half.

62-50 final.

Which I will do plenty of, but not quite as much as I did after the Redwater game. This is a better loss than that was a win. :)

Tip o' the cap to Red Oak Life. They're good and that spurt at the end of the first half was too much. Clarksville never closer than 5 in the second half.

62-50 final.

Still have NB. Lions will have their hands full with LO. They did send a charter school last night

I may go watch your Lions play Tuesday. I can't pretend to have a rooting interest, but good luck to 'em all the same. The Oak will be tough.

This thread is pretty close to a wrap. Hope y'all will join me back here next fall for the sequel ... '14-'15 15-2A basketball thread. giggle.gif

1st I must give ROL their props. They're a well coached team with tons of heart. Those guards were incredible. I

During the ride home last night I thought about the state of Tiger basketball and couldn't help but smile. No need to panic. We will be ok. These guys are just young and inexperienced in the playoff atmosphere. A good summer of basketball and weights and they will be fine.

With that being said, congrats Coach Nicholas and my mighty Blue Tigers. See everyone next year if its the Lords will.

1st I must give ROL their props. They're a well coached team with tons of heart. Those guards were incredible. I

During the ride home last night I thought about the state of Tiger basketball and couldn't help but smile. No need to panic. We will be ok. These guys are just young and inexperienced in the playoff atmosphere. A good summer of basketball and weights and they will be fine.

With that being said, congrats Coach Nicholas and my mighty Blue Tigers. See everyone next year if its the Lords will.

+1 Many of the Tigers were in JH last year. Oh! They are playing schools with 400 plus with 170 some odd kids in HS. They will be fine

+100. Very well said 91. Our Freshman grew up quickly this year and they got better each week. I'm glad that they got to play a few rounds in the playoffs to get tested by the pressure and atmosphere to know what it will be like in the future. Tiger Basketball will be fine as always. A lot of people around here think C'ville should be in Austin every year and that's not going to happen. Being in such a small school we are not Senior heavy year in and year out. We have to take our knocks from time to time with youth, but it seems every time we have several Freshmen starting we wind up in Austin by the time that group graduates. Congrats and thanks to Coach Nichols on putting together a great group of young men to watch all season and congrats and thanks to our players for doing what they do.

+100. Very well said 91. Our Freshman grew up quickly this year and they got better each week. I'm glad that they got to play a few rounds in the playoffs to get tested by the pressure and atmosphere to know what it will be like in the future. Tiger Basketball will be fine as always. A lot of people around here think C'ville should be in Austin every year and that's not going to happen. Being in such a small school we are not Senior heavy year in and year out. We have to take our knocks from time to time with youth, but it seems every time we have several Freshmen starting we wind up in Austin by the time that group graduates. Congrats and thanks to Coach Nichols on putting together a great group of young men to watch all season and congrats and thanks to our players for doing what they do.

Very well said both cvt and 91!

Two years ago, just after the state championship, I was visiting with Coach Nichols; at that time he told me that 13-14 would be a rebuilding year and then we would be off for another run.

These kids got to winning and all of a sudden we thought we were headed for the region or beyond.. In reality it was actually somewhat a rebuilding year.

I really hate we went out so soon in the last year for Savage and Woodberry.

Those two seniors are leaving with a state championship ring and never lost a district game.!

Things will be looking up next year.