McKinney North vs. Texas High at Lobo Stadium in Longview

eagles67

I know very little about McKinney North. If any of our readers do, please share your impression of the team.

I look for a huge Tiger crowd in Longview. The stadium is very nice and perhaps being only 90 miles from Texarkana, should make the trip easier to attend for the Tiger fans.

I will take Texas High 21 to 14 over North in bi district action. This is a Div I playoff game @ Lobo in Longview.

Good luck Tigers!!!! Hope you guys make a nice long run!!!

I'd be there for your game, but we are playing on the 3rd moon of Jupiter at the same time.

I hope to catch some of your future games.

JT in week 2!!?

Could be Highland Park in week 3!!!

I was at Indy Stadium in Shreveport when ya'll beat them down (2006?). I'd pay to see it again!

Let's go Tigers!

Forget JT, Texas High cannot take anyone for granted. McKinney North has a running back that has over 1900 yards and a better than 10yds per carry average. They also seems play in a district that plays no defense.

Oh and trust me this years team has enough leaders that no coach will have to tell them not to over look McKinney North......I'm sure the TIGERS will be well prepared and primed for the BULLDOGS from Collin County.....

McKinney North? A very solid football team. They were extremely young last year and they were 'expected' to be good this year and they did just that. Ronald Jones is a solid running back with good vision and very hard to bring down. He can be shifty, but he likes to break outside and have a foot race. He is fast enough to lay down nearly 2000 yards and average over 10 yards per carry. McKinney North is well coached and North comes out of a strong district. They have matched up with some of the best teams this year and they were successful. Their defense is their week spot. They need to outscore somebody to win and they have the resources to do that. Their quarterback is better than average athlete. I think he is a great leader and that makes him an exceptional quarterback. He does connect well with receivers, however they only threw for about 1600 yards which is good, but not great. Because of their running game they did not have to rely on the pass, but they will hit the pass when you least expect it. I have witnessed both McKinney North and Texas High play this year. I personally think McKinney North's overall strength of schedule was better than Texas High, but I think Texas High has more athletes than McKinney North. If Texas High can throttle Jones and keep him within 100 yards or so rushing, then the Tigers will win. Don't try to get into a score fest with the Bulldogs, they can put up points quickly. Texas High has just what can stop McKinney North and that is defense. McKinney North has not faced a defense like Texas High this year.

I will predict Texas High 34 McKinney North 24.

Microtrav - good hearing from you again and thanks for an opposing district's comments. I see both districts as being similar with high octane offenses and suspect defenses. Texas High is the odd ball out of all the teams in both districts. A serviceable offense and a strong defense. I actually am expecting a lower scoring game of 21-17.