1WildCat

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that is cool for those kids on Waskom and the Grove

Waskom 72 UG 21. I mean doesn't anyone else but me realize that the only reason UG made the playoff's is they take too many teams. UG 5-5 Waskom 9-0, REALLY?

The system is all about getting MONEY. UG should not be there. They would have a hard time beating a lot of 3-A and below, JV teams.

Waskom 72 UG 21. I mean doesn't anyone else but me realize that the only reason UG made the playoff's is they take too many teams. UG 5-5 Waskom 9-0, REALLY?

The system is all about getting MONEY. UG should not be there. They would have a hard time beating a lot of 3-A and below, JV teams.

While I agree that they take to many teams, you need to look at the records of some of these playoff teams if you want to gripe about a 5-5 team making it.

Even if that is the case it's not the kids fault that the UIL take 4 teams now they did what they were supposed to do and got in the play offs for the first time in 50 years or whatever it is so don't punish them.

If you don't believe they deserve to be there, STAY HOME!! Under the current system, they HAVE EARNED THEIR SPOT. It's a long shot, and I have a hard time thinking of a way for it to happen, but there's gonna be boatload of crow eaten by a lot of folks if the Grove pulls out a win. That would be AWESOME!!

Stick with bashing basketball programs.

They beat the teams they needed to beat to get into the playoffs. They earned their trip according to the rules set forth by the UIL.....everybody in the state had the same opportunity. Fact is, UG beat Hawkins, West Rusk and Winona and they were the underdog across the board in each of those games according to the Harris poll......your opinion on UG being in the playoffs is irrelevant to the 30+ kids on the team, a high school student body that has a feeling of pride and self-worth and a community that love their Lions.

You are entitled to your opinion regarding the UIL and numbers of teams in the playoffs........valid points on both sides of that argument. However, singling out UG with a blanket statement saying they don't deserve to be there is not appropriate. Waskom and UG both were dealt the same cards and made it to this point in the 2013 season.

Waskom is a quality team with speed to burn and they have put up impressive numbers.........they will be heavy favorites in this game no doubt.....I hope both teams come out injury free and have a great experience as it has been quite a while since either made it this far......

Playoff's are Playoff's, Waskom would be happy just to get there also. However, this is not going to be pretty. I am seeing at least 56 by half time. A lot of playing time for all.

Good, I'd like the non-starters to get a chance to tote that rock a little more, to show the opposition of what I've been saying all along about our depth. There are several guys on the bench all year that could start for a lot of folks. After all, Mr. Benton didn't did much playing time until Mr. Amie went down. Put there stats together and there's yet another 1000 yard rusher in the mix!! Mr. Benton has a chance to make it on his own here shortly.

From 0-10 (on paper) to 10-0. I am a proud member of Waskoms first ever 10-0 season, and it came following a 1-9 season. It was my Freshman year and our first taste of winning in several years. We went 35-5 in those four years during the regular season, beat our rivals every year (will remain nameless, but everyone knows who I'm talkin bout), but the one thing that sticks out most about it all is that we NEVER won a playoff game even though taking three out of four District titles. 70's, 80's & early 90's pretty much belonged to Waskom, but not much since. I can relate to the excitement felt by, not only the players themsleves, but the entire student body and community as a whole. The pride is felt not only throughout "podunk" Waskom, but the surrounding area as well. This feeling many of you have been experiencing for yourselves over the years, I'm positive that every team in the playoffs can relate to how I feel right now about their respective teams. Good luck throughout the playoffs, regardless how long or short a run it is. ALL these kids deserve our utmost respect and support, not only though this season or next, but throughout LIFE!!

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest - CATZ RULE!! :)

From 0-10 (on paper) to 10-0. I am a proud member of Waskoms first ever 10-0 season, and it came following a 1-9 season. It was my Freshman year and our first taste of winning in several years. We went 35-5 in those four years during the regular season, beat our rivals every year (will remain nameless, but everyone knows who I'm talkin bout), but the one thing that sticks out most about it all is that we NEVER won a playoff game even though taking three out of four District titles. 70's, 80's & early 90's pretty much belonged to Waskom, but not much since. I can relate to the excitement felt by, not only the players themsleves, but the entire student body and community as a whole. The pride is felt not only throughout "podunk" Waskom, but the surrounding area as well. This feeling many of you have been experiencing for yourselves over the years, I'm positive that every team in the playoffs can relate to how I feel right now about their respective teams. Good luck throughout the playoffs, regardless how long or short a run it is. ALL these kids deserve our utmost respect and support, not only though this season or next, but throughout LIFE!!

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest - CATZ RULE!! :)

Not sure about that "early 90s" part. I know they made the playoffs in 91 and 92, but in 90 they were pretty thin. But congrats on the turnaround. I know it's been a long time coming. Tell those boys to soak it in!

This thread is harder to post on than LK, OC, or DeKalb was, because we always got back to the showdown with HS for week 10. Now that is done, and the season is "win or go home." What does the bracket say about the potential for PP, HS, Waskom to see each other down the road?

This thread is harder to post on than LK, OC, or DeKalb was, because we always got back to the showdown with HS for week 10. Now that is done, and the season is "win or go home." What does the bracket say about the potential for PP, HS, Waskom to see each other down the road?

HS will imo have to get past Frankston, CC and either Centerville or Garrison.

The bracket says we will see HS in the fourth game....Of course that is the prediction on PigSkin Prep. If we lose to Union Grove it will be someone else...:)