Bi-District Waskom vs Union Grove

1WildCat

My prediction there would be to go through Centerville again. Tough road for sure.

Very tough road for Waskom as well guys. There are a couple teams up there in your way too. It is a grinder after this first round. Centerville was tough last year and had a lot coming back.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very tough road for Waskom as well guys. There are a couple teams up there in your way too. It is a grinder after this first round. Centerville was tough last year and had a lot coming back.

Yep, but would be good to see a rematch on turf. If both teams get that far, HS will have gotten QB position solid again. Smack could resume. You are not getting much traction taunting Frankston. Good chance nobody in that district even looks at Smoaky.

Well, there should be the next week. We will see.

Yep, but would be good to see a rematch on turf. If both teams get that far, HS will have gotten QB position solid again. Smack could resume. You are not getting much traction taunting Frankston. Good chance nobody in that district even looks at Smoaky.

I meant Frankston ISD on district. We all know JJ looks on Smoaky!

From the looks of things. I'm wondering if Frankston even has internet

+1

If you don't believe they deserve to be there, STAY HOME!! Under the current system, they HAVE EARNED THEIR SPOT. It's a long shot, and I have a hard time thinking of a way for it to happen, but there's gonna be boatload of crow eaten by a lot of folks if the Grove pulls out a win. That would be AWESOME!!

Lol what fantasy world do you live in? Ug can only win if a tornado comes and carrys the waskom team away before the game. Waskoms jv would beat ug handily.

Lol what fantasy world do you live in? Ug can only win if a tornado comes and carrys the waskom team away before the game. Waskoms jv would beat ug handily.

I didn't predict it, I just said it would be cool if it did. I'm glad to see both teams get back to the playoffs. It's good for all of the kids, due to both programs having kids that have never been there. It's an opportunity for both programs to build on. The rest of you Waskom guys could take a cue from Wild74 and learn to show your opponents a little respect.

Now Wild98, I disagree.....ya'll blew our varsity out of the water.... but our jv took it too your jv.....so you might watch them jv vs varsity comparrisons...lol.

Now Wild98, I disagree.....ya'll blew our varsity out of the water.... but our jv took it too your jv.....so you might watch them jv vs varsity comparrisons...lol.

That might be bc all of sophmores are on varsity. Our jv was the only team to beat Hughes spring jv. You can dissagree from the house with your team lol.

Steel, that is definitely something to build on at EF. Your JV beat Waskom, and Waskom and HS shared the district JV title,if there is one. Is there any scenario that would put EF in a different bracket next year so you guys are not in the same district?

Now, after four - five years, where are all the grumblers about "why did they hire a soccer coach?"

I think Whitney Keeling has done a great job, and in the four years he has been in charge, built the team into what it is.

Some of those people need to come back to the table, and 'fess up, that maybe they were a little hasty in judging the man without knowing him.

Sounded like the first half of the Premier episode of "Friday Night Lights".

Kudos, Coach.

Congrats to the Boys.

Now, after four - five years, where are all the grumblers about "why did they hire a soccer coach?"

I think Whitney Keeling has done a great job, and in the four years he has been in charge, built the team into what it is.

Some of those people need to come back to the table, and 'fess up, that maybe they were a little hasty in judging the man without knowing him.

Sounded like the first half of the Premier episode of "Friday Night Lights".

Kudos, Coach.

Congrats to the Boys.

He has been a great coach and it was tough for him and his staff to build this program because it was in ruins and had been for a while. He had to take over a program that had the attitude we are going to lose and that was hard to change. We did exactly that for his first two years, but the Junior High didn't that group is now Juniors. The soccer part I don't know where that came from but since Waskom is 23% Hispanic it certainly help get the Hispanic kids involved in the football program. One of the rules at Waskom to play soccer you have to play another sport....Football or Basketball for the boys and Volley Ball or Basketball for the girls. Participation has been great.

They beat the teams they needed to beat to get into the playoffs. They earned their trip according to the rules set forth by the UIL.....everybody in the state had the same opportunity. Fact is, UG beat Hawkins, West Rusk and Winona and they were the underdog across the board in each of those games according to the Harris poll......your opinion on UG being in the playoffs is irrelevant to the 30+ kids on the team, a high school student body that has a feeling of pride and self-worth and a community that love their Lions.

You are entitled to your opinion regarding the UIL and numbers of teams in the playoffs........valid points on both sides of that argument. However, singling out UG with a blanket statement saying they don't deserve to be there is not appropriate. Waskom and UG both were dealt the same cards and made it to this point in the 2013 season.

Waskom is a quality team with speed to burn and they have put up impressive numbers.........they will be heavy favorites in this game no doubt.....I hope both teams come out injury free and have a great experience as it has been quite a while since either made it this far......

+1

Waskoms JV did win the district. 7-2-1. I think EF was the only district loss but im not sure of that and wasnt it only by 6 points or something like that? Could be wrong I wasn't there but if im right that's not exactly taking it to anybody.

He has been a great coach and it was tough for him and his staff to build this program because it was in ruins and had been for a while. He had to take over a program that had the attitude we are going to lose and that was hard to change. We did exactly that for his first two years, but the Junior High didn't that group is now Juniors. The soccer part I don't know where that came from but since Waskom is 23% Hispanic it certainly help get the Hispanic kids involved in the football program. One of the rules at Waskom to play soccer you have to play another sport....Football or Basketball for the boys and Volley Ball or Basketball for the girls. Participation has been great.

Wild74 I think he's referring to everyone that was questioning Waskom for hiring an AD that didn't have any head coaching (football) experience. I for one am glad we hired him and have never once doubted his coaching ability.

Wild74 I think he's referring to everyone that was questioning Waskom for hiring an AD that didn't have any head coaching (football) experience. I for one am glad we hired him and have never once doubted his coaching ability.

Ok....I didn't know him I was hoping....but he has proven himself here at Waskom. 3-7 5-5 7-3 (0-10 Forfeits) 10-0. If Waskom wins tomorrow night it will be the first time they would have ever been 11-0. They have won 11 games I believe in 92/93 year but lost one to Timpson before losing to Paul Pewitt in their third playoff game.. So they have never been 11-0.

I noticed that UG has like 5 or six def players with over 50 tackles for the year, going into week 10 (according to Marshall News Messenger). Does this mean that the "D" spends a lot of time on the field. If so, this could be bad for the Lions. They have a couple of backs with over 600 apiece, so they spread it around a bit. Again, truly believe we've got too many weapons for them to keep pace with. My prediction:

Waskom 56 (this has been our average all year, so I'm sticking with it) (Everybody plays, maybe EARLY)

Union Grove 12

Everyone be safe in your travels over the course of the next couple of nights, pray that the kids make it through the game injury-free. See you HS guys Friday night, gotta show off my new T-Shirt!! :)

Go Catz

I noticed that UG has like 5 or six def players with over 50 tackles for the year, going into week 10 (according to Marshall News Messenger). Does this mean that the "D" spends a lot of time on the field. If so, this could be bad for the Lions. They have a couple of backs with over 600 apiece, so they spread it around a bit. Again, truly believe we've got too many weapons for them to keep pace with. My prediction:

Waskom 56 (this has been our average all year, so I'm sticking with it) (Everybody plays, maybe EARLY)

Union Grove 12

Everyone be safe in your travels over the course of the next couple of nights, pray that the kids make it through the game injury-free. See you HS guys Friday night, gotta show off my new T-Shirt!! :)

Go Catz

Would return the favor of supporting yall tomorrow night, but IMO Arp/PP will be a better game... Good luck though

Would return the favor of supporting yall tomorrow night, but IMO Arp/PP will be a better game... Good luck though

Horns, I have hear some say they intend to go to Waskom for the 1st quarter and part of the 2nd, then go over to Pine Tree for an exciting finish. That probably sounds brash, but it is not me saying this, just the expectations of some fans.

I too, think the Arp PP game may be a barn burner. If Arp has improved enough, they can pull this off on turf. I think a 4-0 sweep would be really wild though! This district may be the only one with a legitimate possibility of that happening.