Bi-District Waskom vs Union Grove

1WildCat

First of all congrats to both schools for ending their long playoff droughts. Waskom had an impressive season by going 10-0, and Union Grove got in bascially because of a rule change. But in the end playoffs are playoffs, so good job to both teams.

I haven't seen Waskom play this year, but I have seen their box scores. Outside of Waskom's JV showing up I see no way that Union Grove can win this game. Union Grove does not have the speed om defense to contain Waskom at all. All Waskom has to do is get to the edge then its off to the races. Union Grove does have some talent in the middle of the defense, but in the end Waskom will just be too fast for it to matter.

On offense the only way Union Grove has a chance is to eat the clock with a good running game. Probably outside of UG's quarterback nobody will be able to get a burst away from Waskoms players.

In the end, my predication is

Waskom 56

Union Grove 6

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all congrats to both schools for ending their long playoff droughts. Waskom had an impressive season by going 10-0, and Union Grove got in bascially because of a rule change. But in the end playoffs are playoffs, so good job to both teams.

I haven't seen Waskom play this year, but I have seen their box scores. Outside of Waskom's JV showing up I see no way that Union Grove can win this game. Union Grove does not have the speed om defense to contain Waskom at all. All Waskom has to do is get to the edge then its off to the races. Union Grove does have some talent in the middle of the defense, but in the end Waskom will just be too fast for it to matter.

On offense the only way Union Grove has a chance is to eat the clock with a good running game. Probably outside of UG's quarterback nobody will be able to get a burst away from Waskoms players.

In the end, my predication is

Waskom 56

Union Grove 6

Will you be at the game?

It's simple... I am happy UG made it to playoffs. They worked hard to get in and they deserve it. But i just do not think they have the talent to compare with Waskom. Waskom is way to fast and physical and they have dominated in all aspects of the game this season. I dont see UG stopping them. I congratulate both teams on a good season and i wish for an injury free game tonight. Keeling and company roll again through the 1st round.

Waskom - 63

Union Grove - 14

Waskom Wildcats 2013

10-0 (7-0)

Waskom vs. James Bowie - W - 63-6

Waskom vs. Sabine - W - 61-7

Waskom vs. Queen City - W - 49-7

Waskom vs. New Diana - W - 64-33

Waskom vs. Paul Pewitt - W - 40-34

Waskom vs. Linden Kildare - W - 56-24

Waskom vs. Elysian Fields - W - 60-13

Waskom vs. DeKalb - W - 56-6

Waskom vs. Ore City - W - 61-14

Waskom vs. Hughes Springs - W - 56-38

Hate to tell y'all Wildcats but according to SETX, the them Southeast Texas boys can't wait to slap y'all around a little, they already have CC and Deweyville meeting again in the regional finals! Y'all might want to go to SETX and tell them a little about the Wildcats so they won't be shocked if y'all meet up next week!

Hate to tell y'all Wildcats but according to SETX, the them Southeast Texas boys can't wait to slap y'all around a little, they already have CC and Deweyville meeting again in the regional finals! Y'all might want to go to SETX and tell them a little about the Wildcats so they won't be shocked if y'all meet up next week!

Big Dave old coach has Waskom vs East Bernard in semi's

Just wishful thinkin BigDav! There are tons of teams in this region that are LOADED. Wouldn't surprise me if the regional final game ended up a number of ways.