WON- McKinney North 38-24 (6-4)

LOSS- Denison 35-27 (6-4)

WON- Sherman 17-10 (4-6)

WON Royse City 51-3 (1-9)

Mavericks......

Just as advertised?

Or better than the record shows?

Tough call.

Marshall's 4 non-district losses went to 4 teams that were a combined (39-1). All four were district champions.

Kilgore (10-0)

Longview (9-1)

Bossier Parkway (10-0)

Whitehouse (10-0)

Another loss was to Texas High, who is (9-1).....and also a district champion.

Five losses to five district champs with a combined (48-2). Insane.

Tough road for a team that's rebuilding.

Very proud of these guys. I never in a million years expected an 11th game this season. Every single magazine, newspaper, online blog, and armchair quarterback had them picked for dead last in 14-4A.

The coaching staff didn't get to Marshall till May....some till June. They didn't get to work with the kids till 2 weeks before the Kilgore game.

And here we are 11 weeks later talking about a playoff game. Never ever in a million years. I honestly thought the playoffs were another 2-3 years away.

But they have worked their tails off...... and instead of finding ways to lose games like they have in the past, they have learned to win some games. Hopefully more and more when this staff actually gets to have an offseason with them.

Congrats Mavs!

Regain Respect 2013!

Mavericks......

Just as advertised?

Or better than the record shows?

Tough call.

Marshall's 4 non-district losses went to 4 teams that were a combined (39-1). All four were district champions.

Kilgore (10-0)

Longview (9-1)

Bossier Parkway (10-0)

Whitehouse (10-0)

Another loss was to Texas High, who is (9-1).....and also a district champion.

Five losses to five district champs with a combined (48-2). Insane.

Tough road for a team that's rebuilding.

Very proud of these guys. I never in a million years expected an 11th game this season. Every single magazine, newspaper, online blog, and armchair quarterback had them picked for dead last in 14-4A.

The coaching staff didn't get to Marshall till May....some till June. They didn't get to work with the kids till 2 weeks before the Kilgore game.

And here we are 11 weeks later talking about a playoff game. Never ever in a million years. I honestly thought the playoffs were another 2-3 years away.

But they have worked their tails off...... and instead of finding ways to lose games like they have in the past, they have learned to win some games. Hopefully more and more when this staff actually gets to have an offseason with them.

Congrats Mavs!

Regain Respect 2013!

Even u said before if MP hadnt had the injuries yall prolly wouldnt b here. It doesnt matter tho. I will still b rooting for all of 14-4A.

MP's 2013 season seems like a mirror image of Marshall in 2008.

We were 5-1..... and then the injuries started rolliing in. It was like a MASH unit.

I remember by the time Marshall got to MP for the season finale, we were down to our #3 QB, 3rd or 4th running back, had freshmen in as offensive linemen. And the defense was decimated as well.

That 5-1 season evaporated into a 6-5 season with a first round loss to Kilgore..... healthy, I think we would have gone 2-3 deep, maybe more. The next year, in 2009, Mavs advanced to the region finals by staying healthy. Always makes you wonder what could have been in 2008. When healthy, they were just as talented as the '04 and '05 teams that went to state. But I think SS would have derailed them before the title game.

So I feel you're pain with injuries. Been there done that.

Saw the same thing happen to Longview the year they lost to Lufkin down at SFA....... a running back's broken hand basically gave the game to Lufkin.

Anyhow..... thanks for the support. It's greatly appreciated.