Which East Texas team has the best chance of winning state?

kermit

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe no mention of Fairfield no way Carthage can beat mexia like they did and wow how did they beat Palestine like that..?

You are absolutely right there is no way that Carthage will beat Mexia like Fairfield did. Surratt will not run the score up and surely Mexia has improved since that game.

Katy has a great defense, no doubt about that. But I'm not impressed with their offense, with or without Anderson. Steele and Katy are running team, and I just don't think a team running the ball that much will beat us.

I don't think either get to State personally. Smithson Valley is a heck of a force this year.

That's one of the main reasons I pick them to go to state. Their defense may be better than it was last year. However, I'm not sold on their offense too. SV have some good wins, but are they as good as some are saying? that's one team that I haven't seen this year. I think Katy would beat Manvel and Steele, but I would'nt be surprise to see both of those teams win that game. Manvel has a great defense and a lot of speed. I didn't think Steele would be that good this year with their coach gone, but they're still playing well. I think Katy could stop their running game, but it would still be a close game since Katy offense is struggling so much...

Talk what you know. Our Coach Don't RUN up the score...... The younger guys have got a lot of playing time and will get some again Mexia... If Carthage Up 42+ by halftime no way the starters will play the second half

Carthage has a Great Program and Coaching Staff.

In the Mexia game, Fairfield was up 51-0 at the Half. In the 3rd Quarter Fairfield scored on a 50+ yard fumble return for a touchdown as well as 2 long runs by a Sophomore RB that ran for about 100 yards in the second half. So it was 72-0 at the end of the 3rd. No disrespect to Mexia, but Fairfield just had their number that night. NO points scored in the 4th Quarter. IMO nobody run up the score. The final score to a game only tells HALF the story sometimes.

The Fairfield Coaching Staff did a great job playing the younger guys this year and these same younger guys had a lot of success on both sides of the ball in the second half of the games. Fairfield came up with 31 turnovers this season, and a big portion of those came in the second half of games resulting in a lot of easy scores as well.

Carthage has a Great Program and Coaching Staff.

In the Mexia game, Fairfield was up 51-0 at the Half. In the 3rd Quarter Fairfield scored on a 50+ yard fumble return for a touchdown as well as 2 long runs by a Sophomore RB that ran for about 100 yards in the second half. So it was 72-0 at the end of the 3rd. No disrespect to Mexia, but Fairfield just had their number that night. NO points scored in the 4th Quarter. IMO nobody run up the score. The final score to a game only tells HALF the story sometimes.

The Fairfield Coaching Staff did a great job playing the younger guys this year and these same younger guys had a lot of success on both sides of the ball in the second half of the games. Fairfield came up with 31 turnovers this season, and a big portion of those came in the second half of games resulting in a lot of easy scores as well.

I am impressed. Sounds like a great team. BUT FF Is FF And Carthage is Carthage.......The Last 5 weeks our starters have only played one half of each game. So they might play till the 3rd q. I'm just glad it's playoff time!!! Excited to see what my Dawgs gone do

Waskom seems like the real deal this year....but the playoffs are a war of attrition...especially at the 2AD2 level...from what I've heard , Waskom is very thin as far as depth. Not good for a SC run.

Region 4 is still better than region 3. East Bernard, Refugio, and Rogers are all as good as anyone in region 3.

Cisco (in the Smoaky watch area) will be a Goliath coming out of Region 1. They are loaded and deep.

Cooper still has to get through Scurry. Everyone is saying they're for real.

I'm just saying it would be good because they are big running teams and that is where we would meet if we both make it that far! Texas 2a has a post that shows Ciscos stud running back and he averages about 3 yards per carry less than Mimms and 6 less than Robinson!! So I really don't know how to take that! Are they playing tougher teams or is Coopers o-line just that awesome? I guess we might find out in 5 weeks!!

I'm just saying it would be good because they are big running teams and that is where we would meet if we both make it that far! Texas 2a has a post that shows Ciscos stud running back and he averages about 3 yards per carry less than Mimms and 6 less than Robinson!! So I really don't know how to take that! Are they playing tougher teams or is Coopers o-line just that awesome? I guess we might find out in 5 weeks!!

I agree it would be a good matchup. Js though, gotta take it one week at a time. Cooper can't have another game like they did against Clarksville or they'll be playing bb in a couple weeks

When teams have dominated others like Cooper and Cisco have all year I don't think you can put too much stock in a RB yards per carry average. Too many variables. They say they have been saving Reed mostly for defense linebacking and short yardage situations on offense. They have other backs with more speed. Also I think the Loboes QB has more TD passes than incomplete passes. Really stats don't mean much.

Based on who they ha beat I say Waskom makes it to the semi's. i expect the will meet EB then. Then it gets Tough but not impossible. Newton, and DF have good shots in D1. DF will have to get past Wall in the semis. Newton has a good chance against region 4's champ

I aint picking a fight, but for the last ten years at least there is always someone out west that everyone jumps on the bandwagon for to beat Dfield. I am no Dfield fan, but most of those years, Dfield has ended up in the state game. I aint buying into Wall or anyone else out west until they beat Dfield. There is no one for them to play out there that even comes close to approxiamating the speed of Dfield. I know its taking the safe bet, but im betting on Dfield to be there again this year. My pick for who to meet them is Newton, Yoe, or Tatum.