UIL survey of Superintendents

TheShadowKnows

It might just be me but I like the idea of the higher seeded team getting to host their first round playoff game, makes district races more interesting.

Not sure how you would do that in 2nd round/3rd round etc (and I'm totally against using non-district games to do tiebreakers or something). First round games, I definitely agree though.

Oh there is no doubt that it will happen eventually. The UIL let the camels nose under the tent by allowing two in. It is only a matter of time before they are all allowed in. The UIL is WAY too gutless to prevent this from happening not to mention greedy. All someone has to do is threaten the UIL with a law suit and they will fold faster than a Chinese Laundry.

Fox Sports SW will cover the Press Conference, someone from the UIL will say that "they are in it for all the kids", Ric Renner will tell Charles Breithaupt........ DR Charles Breithaupt what a great job the UIL does. Charles will thank Fox for being the mouthpiece of the UIL everyone will tell everyone how great they are and that will be it.

At that point the UIL will have officially ruined the greatest sport in the history of the world.

The question I want answered is WHY exactly the UIL is EVEN asking the question?

The question I want answered is WHY exactly the UIL is EVEN asking the question?

Because a bill was brought to the House and Senate floors last session in Austin to force the UIL to accept private schools as members....thankfully it was defeated, but who's to say it won't win one of these days.......

Not sure how you would do that in 2nd round/3rd round etc (and I'm totally against using non-district games to do tiebreakers or something). First round games, I definitely agree though.

I agree past the first round it becomes too difficult, but I think the survey did just mentioned it would be for first round games only , gives the chance for an extra home game for some teams

I agree past the first round it becomes too difficult, but I think the survey did just mentioned it would be for first round games only , gives the chance for an extra home game for some teams

Ah didn't even read the link before responding to you. Did just say first round games.

Because a bill was brought to the House and Senate floors last session in Austin to force the UIL to accept private schools as members....thankfully it was defeated, but who's to say it won't win one of these days.......

The more we see our state-level representative come from less rural areas, where the entitled class tend to send their kids to private schools, the harder it will be to defeat such measures in the future. I'm just curious, if the ruling class doesn't want their kids going to school with the great unwashed, why are they so eager to compete against us?

The more we see our state-level representative come from less rural areas, where the entitled class tend to send their kids to private schools, the harder it will be to defeat such measures in the future. I'm just curious, if the ruling class doesn't want their kids going to school with the great unwashed, why are they so eager to compete against us?

I could not agree more. If you do not want your kids in a public school environment I salute you and am the first to recognize your right to raise your children as you see fit. But IF public schools are NOT good enough for WHATEVER reason why is getting admission into the UIL so important. You want the private school education but you want the public school athletics? Sorry but one of the undeniable truths of life is that you cannot have your cake and eat it too. One of the biggest problems our nation faces is that for way too long now we have been governed by ruling elites from both parties that think that actions do not have consequences.

I know I was just being sarcastic on that particular point.

It might be different if the UIL forced the private schools had to play by the exact same rules. Of course that would be practically impossible since private school kids transfer from school to school for all sorts of reasons, including athletic reasons.

My more pressing question is....WHY WOULD A PRIVATE SCHOOL WANT TO BE SUBJECTED TO UIL GOVERNANCE? I mean, they join the UIL and they can completely forget about openly recruiting anymore. They would have to do it the sneaky, old-fashioned way like all the other UIL schools.