OSU vs Texas

Coach0001

That was a tough first half of football to watch at times. OSU scores offensively because of defensive alignment - seriously, not a single Texas defender between the tackles at the second level, and we give up BOTH A gaps. On another rushing TD, Diggs is so fricking lazy that he gets sealed by the fullback when the fullback starts at least 4 yards inside him.

Texas did some good things at times on offense, but it's like watching the NC game all over again whereas the coaching staff is running a jr. high play book. Sure the pick 6 was a horrible throw by Case, but the play calling has allowed OSU to sit on routes. I keep wondering why we haven't faked the WR screen and thrown the deep ball because the corner keeps jumping the route. Well it's too late now. You don't jump routes when you have a three possession lead.

I'll never say it's over when playing OSU, but this one is close.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaching staff is too dang complacent when players are making this many stupid mistakes. I guess they, the players, know what we know... There's no way we can comeback from this far behind with Fire Marshall Bill at QB. lt's time to put in Swoops and give us at least another running threat. It's not like we are going to be able to throw the ball downfield at this point.

I blame Mike Defee and his officiating crew for this loss. LOL

Seriously, I just couldn't see Texas winning this one. They'll have their hands full on Thanksgiving day with Tech, too. And let's not even bother discussing the Baylor game. Texas will finish 8-4 and go to the Alamo Bowl, just like I said all along.

This game was winnable with a decent offensive game plan, but heh... Case is a good kid and that's what really counts.

Bye Mack... Bye Major... Bye Akina...

You did some great things for the program and university Mack, but you have stayed too long.

And Case throws another perfect pass to a Cowboy. This is like backyard football when there's only one good QB. Back in the day we would have an "All-Time" QB for both teams.

Texas has been living on borrowed time. Should have lost to Iowa State and West Virginia. They are what they are. One win against a weak OU team got some people to fool themselves......and in some people's mind unbelievably give Mack some wiggle room. Gotta face reality. This situation has been deteriorating for several years with no end in sight. Any so-called major team that has kept Case McCoy as a viable option for this long is in sad need of a dose of reality

3rd and 13, so Case throws a 4 yard route in front of 5 OSU defenders.

The fact that McCoy is still in the game shows Mack has no confidence in Swoopes. The fact that he pulled Swoopes redshirt for a handful of plays that were insignificant makes me think he was doing that to appease Hurd's family.

I believe Brown pulling Swoops redshirt for those few plays when the games outcome was already decided is an indication Brown has already been told by the new AD he will not be back next year. He wasted a full year of playing for that kid because he didn't want to leave the new coach a talent like that for 4 more years. he will not want whoever comes in and replaces him to be really successful the first year that will make him look even worse. he did a good job of recruiting for Texas for many years but has never been a very good coach. he was blessed with some good assistants for years that coached the team while he did the managing and recruiting but that is all a head coach in college has to do to be successful. Look at Dabo at Clemson now he is a clone of Mack Brown. He isn't really liked by many of Clemson's boosters either just like Brown isn't at Texas.