Seems Like Old Times...Gilmer & Pittsburg...Yes Indeed

buckeyebob

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adjustedstats.com has it Gilmer 66 - Pittsburg 6.

Hoping to catch some of the game, but it is a school night.

That's why it starts at 7, instead of 7:30. I wouldn't worry too much..., every game Gilmer has played in this year, except for the game with y'all has had a running clock in the second half at some point, so the game will likely be over by 9:30 to 10. Come on out and catch some D of D action, and get your fix..., lol.

That's why it starts at 7, instead of 7:30. I wouldn't worry too much..., every game Gilmer has played in this year, except for the game with y'all has had a running clock in the second half at some point, so the game will likely be over by 9:30 to 10. Come on out and catch some D of D action, and get your fix..., lol.

Gilmer didn't have a running second half clock against chapel hill. So not every game.

What is the scout report for Pitt we have not played them in 2 years. Who are their key players and what kind of offense do they run, hope coach Meeks doesn't have him another Mostar brown up there in Pitt.

We are weak on defense and the offense is just ok. We don't tackle in space very well and give up a lot of big plays. Pitt is a very young team and IMHO just hasn't improved. We run jet sweep, bubble screen and just very basic running plays. Nothing too fancy. Gilmer should win without much of an effort. I was really hoping we would play a good game against Atlanta and not catch Gilmer so soon. Being in the playoffs are so important not just for the playoff games but for the extra practices for our younger kids.

Gilmer didn't have a running second half clock against chapel hill. So not every game.

Sorry. You're right, and I thought about that a little while after I posted it. There were actually 3 games this year without a running clock; Daingerfield, Chapel Hill, and Kilgore. I don't "know" that this will be one of those games, but I don't suspect it will be a close game, either. Gilmer just needs to concentrate on themselves and what they do offensively and defensively this week, because the road get much tougher starting next week..., that is if we are fortunate enough to win this week, which I think we will.

Sorry. You're right, and I thought about that a little while after I posted it. There were actually 3 games this year without a running clock; Daingerfield, Chapel Hill, and Kilgore. I don't "know" that this will be one of those games, but I don't suspect it will be a close game, either. Gilmer just needs to concentrate on themselves and what they do offensively and defensively this week, because the road get much tougher starting next week..., that is if we are fortunate enough to win this week, which I think we will.

I too think the Bux will win this one easily. The key in this one will be to get a big lead early and get those great starters on the bench. Sure don't want any devastating injuries just when the games start to get real tough. Try not to peek ahead to that Argyle bunch! Good luck Bux!

Im tired of the excuse that Pittsburg is young. A lot of team are young like Pittsburg and do just fine we just need to get out there and play football. Im tired of hearing the excuse that we have too many injuries boys need to step and play they position they we're taught the same way as the starter. The last two times Pittsburg and Gilmer met:

2010 Pittsburg lead the first half Gilmer left them scoreless the second half came back and won

2011 Pittsburg was the only team that season that Gilmer didn't score in the first half when halftime was 0-0 the final was 14-6 Gilmer won and this was suppose to be a blowout too.

We were young then and we are young now Gilmer is still the same as ever year a team to reckon with and this game has always live up to the hype it suppose to.

I don't care if you think it going to be a blowout IM a die heart Pirate fan and I have faith in are boys to go out there and win Thursday because any team can win on any given day and it which team is going to come out and play.

I agree with you d1b441 anything can happen. In 2004 when Gilmer won their first state title, the Pirates gave Gilmer their toughest game of the regular season. I believe the final score was 22 to 18. It was the last game of the regular season. Pitt always plays Gilmer close.

The two biggest problems that Pitt will have to address this week is not giving up the early scores and getting behind big and the other problem is, like I said earlier is that we don't tackle in space very well hence the big plays that we give up. Pitt has to play defense and OL has to block. If we have any chance we have to shorten the game and run our backs. I am not sure that we can't run right at Gilmer. Gilmer might be too quick on defense to try and go wide. Bring back the veer. LOLl

Well, my two cents *for what it's worth*,, says that this is one of those games where anything weird can happen. I don't remember a game against Pittsburg where we just blew them out. For some reason, they "always" play us hard. And young kids or not, I feel sure Meeks would love a little payback on Gilmer,, and will have the Pirates playing a hard fought game. I hope they give us a hard game,, and we win by three TD's. I don't want our kids to get too relaxed before we have to play Argyle, if we make it past Pittsburg. When you get tested, and rise to the challenge, it only makes you a better team. Two blowouts early in the playoffs, with half the team on the bench the second half in my opinion doesn't get us prepared to play a top tier team. I hope Gilmer will keep working on their focus, and limiting mistakes and penalties cause those are the things that will kill us against top ranked schools. Talent is wonderful,,, but if you execute sloppy football,, it makes your team no better than average against teams that will most assuredly take advantage of those mistakes. We have got to get our act together in the mental aspect of the games from here on out. Good luck Buckeyes,, and I hope neither team has any serious injuries.