Seems Like Old Times...Gilmer & Pittsburg...Yes Indeed

buckeyebob

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week, the conclusion of the game was foregone. I could not see any possible scenario in which Mineola could have beaten Gilmer. However, I can see a scenario where Pittsburg beats Gilmer.

Gilmer could lose if...

1) They are too focused on the Next game (Argyle) instead of this game.

2) They continue to make mistakes and turn the ball over.

3) They don't play with defensive intensity and let Pittsburg control the clock.

4) They assume they have the game won before it starts.

That being said, I think Gilmer will win. I don't think Pittsburg can keep up with Gilmer's offense, and I don't think they have the defensive power to shut Gilmer down.

But, That's why they play the game.

Last week, the conclusion of the game was foregone. I could not see any possible scenario in which Mineola could have beaten Gilmer. However, I can see a scenario where Pittsburg beats Gilmer.

Gilmer could lose if...

1) They are too focused on the Next game (Argyle) instead of this game.

2) They continue to make mistakes and turn the ball over.

3) They don't play with defensive intensity and let Pittsburg control the clock.

4) They assume they have the game won before it starts.

That being said, I think Gilmer will win. I don't think Pittsburg can keep up with Gilmer's offense, and I don't think they have the defensive power to shut Gilmer down.

But, That's why they play the game.

That was good. Wish I thought of that. I still like playing on a wet muddy field.....

By no means is this a trap game for Gilmer but more of an opportunity for Pitt. Everyone and their dogs fully expect Gilmer to win and play their JV the second half while the clock runs. This a great chance for Pitt to learn a lot about how the game is played in the play-offs. If there is any pressure it will be on The Bucks. If Gilmer does win then everyone will say that it is no big surprise but.....OMG if Pitt plays them close and pulls out a win then some might say maybe The Bucks were not as good as we thought. Just saying that Pitt has no pressure and Gilmer might be a little more up tight if the game is close. Wet field, maybe some rain and the ball does bounce a little funny at times. A fumble or two here and interception there, who knows. Having said that, if Gilmer does win I fully expect and believe it or not hope that they win out. But wouldn't it be fun if.....

This will be a very good game for both teams, and the fans. I don't see the clock running after halftime Pitt should give us a better game than Mineola did.

I agree. Pitt will give us a better game than Mineola for sure. Gilmer "should" win, but you still have to get out there and EXECUTE. If the game isn't close, I still would love to see the Buckeyes get work in because they will need it the next week if we are to compete with Argyle. Argyle will be seeking revenge after we beat them last year. The Buckeyes will have to be extremely focused, and not turn the ball over when playing the elite teams they will be facing if they continue to play after this week.

Pittsburg has a really good team this year, but that being said, I have to go with my brothers from 16-3A. I just think that the Buckeyes have way too much offense to stop and it's really difficult to trade points with them.

Gilmer rolls!!!!

Gilmer thread that's gone without a post for 24 hours! What's going on here!

nobody from pitt on here....i be glad when it is argill....we will have scottie, reagle begal, orange something from celinna....this time i wont even make a perdickion on this game :P :o :coolio:

nobody from pitt on here....i be glad when it is argill....we will have scottie, reagle begal, orange something from celinna....this time i wont even make a perdickion on this game :P :o :coolio:

No reason to predict who is going to win......Heck, I am not even sure why we (Pitt) would show up. Ask anyone. We are young, got a lot of kids out and the site has already been picked out where Gilmer will play next week. The field will be wet and maybe a storm. Just be easy on us. We will try our best. Seriously, we will either play our best game of the year and keep it close or it will be over the first few minutes. Sounds simple but we have to fly to the ball on defense and TACKLE. I have seen too many missed chances to really slobber-knock someone and follow thru with the hit. Be bold.

Dickey gonna get spanked by Gilmer 4th time ina row.

And what basketball game are you going to? Like I have said before, let the Meeks thing go. I am beginning to think the others on Smoaky are right about Henderson posters. Ya'll were Mcloving him when he was in Henderson. Give Coach Meeks and his staff another year....might let you come to some of our games

I do believe I'll be coming to this game tonight after work. I hope I can get off early....if not it will be 7PM.

Given my last two experiences with traffic into the stadium (PT/Kilgore game and Marshall/PT game).... if you don't get there by 6:45ish, you may not make it into the stadium till the second quarter.

The first & only time I ever rooted for Pittsburg was in week 10, 2004 when Jeff Traylor decided to rest Manny & Co up until he was down 14-0 late in the second half. I wanted Pitt to win to secure a easier road for us in the playoffs. INSTEAD Jeff unleashed M.Johnson & scored 17 unanswered points to win.

The very next week Pitt played us, DAINGERFIELD. They had us 14-0 with 10 min remaining in the 4th. Surely they'd hold the lead & pull off the upset in the 1st round of the playoffs & break a 24 yr drought of LOSING TO DAINGERFIELD......... NAH LOL they folded as usual, gave up 17 unanswered & lost again.

With all that said 56-14 GILMER LOL!

I do believe I'll be coming to this game tonight after work. I hope I can get off early....if not it will be 7PM.

Given my last two experiences with traffic into the stadium (PT/Kilgore game and Marshall/PT game).... if you don't get there by 6:45ish, you may not make it into the stadium till the second quarter.

i drove over to new ballpark and noticied you drive into a circle and then go either left for visiator or right for home.....is this correct?????? :wub: :mellow: :(

The first & only time I ever rooted for Pittsburg was in week 10, 2004 when Jeff Traylor decided to rest Manny & Co up until he was down 14-0 late in the second half. I wanted Pitt to win to secure a easier road for us in the playoffs. INSTEAD Jeff unleashed M.Johnson & scored 17 unanswered points to win.

The very next week Pitt played us, DAINGERFIELD. They had us 14-0 with 10 min remaining in the 4th. Surely they'd hold the lead & pull off the upset in the 1st round of the playoffs & break a 24 yr drought of LOSING TO DAINGERFIELD......... NAH LOL they folded as usual, gave up 17 unanswered & lost again.

With all that said 56-14 GILMER LOL!

i remember those games well. Against DField that year instead of running the ground game like we were, the passing game killed us....and interception returned for TD...oh well. 56-14. Who knows

I believe they've started busing people over from different parking lots too. Not that that will probably help much lol.

If you are entering off of Loop 281 just west of Enterprise, yes, you are correct. Does anybody know if there is an entrance off Landfill Road (I think that's what it's called), or is that an exit only? I've only been there once, and it was on the visitor's side.

My recommendation is to forgo the main entrance and come in through Lear Park, Take the cotton street park entrance ( across from the whataburger) come thru the park, past the school and in the back way, Nobody really even knows its there, going out that way will get you out 5 times faster too.

The Cherokee street entrance by the old landfill is for service vehicles only until the road gets fixed

My recommendation is to forgo the main entrance and come in through Lear Park, Take the cotton street park entrance ( across from the whataburger) come thru the park, past the school and in the back way, Nobody really even knows its there, going out that way will get you out 5 times faster too.

The Cherokee street entrance by the old landfill is for service vehicles only until the road gets fixed

That's good to know. The only time I've been there I came in the main entrance, but was early enough for traffic not to be a problem. I went that way to get out. I'll take the Lear Park entrance seeing as I'm coming from Kilgore anyway. What's the best way to exit?