Kilgore v Kaufman

DLine06

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough having to play Kilgore this early in playoffs but thats how it is. Kaufman has to lay it all out and hope the breaks go their way and act like their playing in the State Championship game because that's where Kilgore will probably be. Gonna be tough with our size trying to outkilgore Kilgore,but we will give them all we got .

Kilgore will score early and often IMO Kaufman played almost perfect tonight to win against LE and still had to hold on and win LE defense held Kaufman to 14 other than a bizarr fake fg and a Pick six I saw a comment About how LE's DL and LB's were flying to the ball tonight Kilgore will be bigger and faster and they will capitalize unlike we did instead of getting in the redZone and laying eggs!

Thanks for the heads up, I might as well not waste my gas driving out to Tyler then. Should we just stop the playoffs now and hand them the trophy. I know they are really really really good...Run down your throat and throw an occasional screen pass. A tremendous Defense, but this game will be way closer then you think. If it were me defending against the Kilgore offense , I would run a 5-3 and have my defensive tackles line up between the gaurds and tackles and dive at Kilgores lineman and cut them to the ground creating a pileup , instead of getting blown off the ball. Use 2 DT to take out 4 OL. Thats how you beat a superior talented team running down your throat. I will be there.

Thanks for the heads up, I might as well not waste my gas driving out to Tyler then. Should we just stop the playoffs now and hand them the trophy. I know they are really really really good...Run down your throat and throw an occasional screen pass. A tremendous Defense, but this game will be way closer then you think. If it were me defending against the Kilgore offense , I would run a 5-3 and have my defensive tackles line up between the gaurds and tackles and dive at Kilgores lineman and cut them to the ground creating a pileup , instead of getting blown off the ball. Use 2 DT to take out 4 OL. Thats how you beat a superior talented team running down your throat. I will be there.

Come on man you don't think teams have tried everything in the play book to stop Kilgore's running gm. Kaufman isn't their first rodeo. Don't know anything about Kaufman but who they have played.

I will say.......

Kaufman 13

Kilgore 48

Didn't someone use that tactic defending Kilgore in the last couple of years?

Sorry man it won't even be close. This is how I look at it

Athens beat Kaufman by 9

Chapel hill beat Athens 30

Kilgore beat chapel hill by16

Kaufman gets beat by 40+

Come on man you don't think teams have tried everything in the play book to stop Kilgore's running gm. Kaufman isn't their first rodeo. Don't know anything about Kaufman but who they have played.

I will say.......

Kaufman 13

Kilgore 48

Athens beat them in week 1 by I think 9

Marshall has played kilgore more often than any other team in the past decade. Non district, district and 2 playoff games. I think we played kilgore 4 times in a 2 year span in 08-09. I can tell you the only way to beat them is to have a better front 7 than their oline. Thats not going to happen very often. The games marshall won, that was the case. We often had better skill players, but that didnt matter when you get blown off the ball. Show that you can stop the run early and get them to start passing. They can pass but it often results in a wasted down that could have easily been a 5 yard run.

Nice try coach, but outside zone and toss would gouge you...or short pass game

No it's worth the gas. It's fun to watch a team like Kilgore play...even if you lose.

We seen that before against Brenham.

Stack the box, get gashed with the play action pass.

Going to be a solid game, I predict 35-14.