Kilgore v Kaufman

DLine06

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I toatally agree this is the best Kaufman team we have put on a football field. That game against Celina back in '08 was good for a quarter then 1 bad punt and the wheels fell of the wagon. I do believe this squad has more intangibles than the '08 team. This team can actually move the ball through the air if needed. '08 we could not pass. I know how good Kilgore is !!! but what gets me is all the negative posts from people who are not even in the playoffs or have been knocked out.

I will keep telling myself Kaufman has a chance because in all honesty we do!!!

I toatally agree this is the best Kaufman team we have put on a football field. That game against Celina back in '08 was good for a quarter then 1 bad punt and the wheels fell of the wagon. I do believe this squad has more intangibles than the '08 team. This team can actually move the ball through the air if needed. '08 we could not pass. I know how good Kilgore is !!! but what gets me is all the negative posts from people who are not even in the playoffs or have been knocked out.

Yes, Kaufman DOES actually have a chance. Albeit, not a very good one, but, right now the score is 0-0, and anything can happen in high school football, i.e. fumbles, interceptions, other breaks, etc. I just don't think Kaufman will be able to control the line of scrimmage. If they can't do that, they will be in for a long night. I mean no disrespect to Kaufman, but Kilgore is a very good team, and is very physical and fast. It'll be tough for Kaufman, for sure, if they don't control the line of scrimmage.

To Marine dad Google 3a Division 1 State Champion of 2010, Now you look foolish. Your team wouldn't make the playoffs in 163a so nice try lol.

What does a team three years ago have to do with 2013?

You're the one who looks foolish bringing it up to defend your team missing the playoffs this year....

I know they bit the big one this year its no secret but you can't act like Kaufman is some power when Henderson has won over 500 games and is a recent state champion wait for it unlike somebody (jk 07.) I standby that Kaufman probably gets 4th or 5th place in 163A.

Doesn't matter that they aren't some power. And no one was trying to say they were.

They're in the 2nd round and your team is sitting home. And please, call me when you've won over 650 and entering the 2nd round for the 8th straight season before you take underhanded shots.

TO ALL THE KILGORE BULLDOG FANS

i meant no disrespect to your team with my post.

Just was getting a little fed up all the talk about the big blowout . You have a really good team, lots of tradition and I know how proud you guys are of you're BULLDOGS!!

But I'm going to pull for MY TEAM , not just because I live here although that is enough reason, but because I've watched this bunch of kids play together since seventh grade.

They truly are a TEAM., led by a coach who has a State Championship under his belt as well .

SOMETIME YOU EAT THE BEAR

SOMETIMES THE BEAR EATS YOU

I guess we'll see Friday night .. Either way I'll be back here on Saturday .

Oh and Hendersonlionfan... I can see why nobody seems to like you.. We're you dropped on your head as a child because you seem to have trouble putting a sentence together

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just was getting a little fed up all the talk about the big blowout . You have a really good team, lots of tradition and I know how proud you guys are of you're BULLDOGS!!

But I'm going to pull for MY TEAM , not just because I live here although that is enough reason, but because I've watched this bunch of kids play together since seventh grade.

They truly are a TEAM., led by a coach who has a State Championship under his belt as well .

Oh and Hendersonlionfan... I can see why nobody seems to like you.. We're you dropped on your head as a child because you seem to have trouble putting a sentence together

Nothing wrong with supporting your team. Kaufman is a BIG underdog but earned the right to play in this game! Kilgore is solid in all points of the game and it would be a HUGE upset come Friday night if Kaufman wins! I'm rooting for Kilgore but if Kaufman wins it won't hurt my feelings, make the road easier for my yellow dawgs!

I think the 08 team and this one are pretty close talent wise but the 08 team had a better ,bigger faster ol and dl. they also had talent to

throw and catch with a 6"2 reciever that had more interceptions that year 12 than he had catches,and there was a couple others besides him

that were good. I think the coaching has evolved to throwing more which helps this team more by being more balanced.

What does a team three years ago have to do with 2013?

You're the one who looks foolish bringing it up to defend your team missing the playoffs this year....

He does have a point. Henderson, this isn't the sec please quit riding Gilmer and Kilgores coat tail.

LoL I love hoe everyone acts like the last three years never happened. Henderson wasn't expected too contend this year based on what we had walk the stage last may.

ahhh did your team get beat by Henderson or do you wish you had a title like them . Either way its cute.

You hang your hat on that 2010 all you want but you were a donk in 4a and after a very short and brief moment of winning for 2 seasons you are going to now be a donk in 3a.... Kaufman is in the playoffs this year... which is all those kids care about... but you keep trying to beat your chest... about your 2 or 3 years of success... oh and dont even try to spit the 500 game win streak... successful programs in east texas reached that a long time ago... so keep trying

LoL I love hoe everyone acts like the last three years never happened. Henderson wasn't expected too contend this year based on what we had walk the stage last may.

ahhh did your team get beat by Henderson or do you wish you had a title like them . Either way its cute.

Lol a title like them. Correct me if im wrong, but we aren't the ones who had to move down in classification to get a state title.

Kilgore and Gilmer posters have class when they smack talk , but Henderson and C-Hill not so much..even when there team

is not involved.

Amen.

Great post! You should proudly support your team and Kaufman has a good team.

However.....Kilgore is like Yogi............Not your average bear. They are bigger, faster, stronger, more nasty and way more physical. Oh and they are well coached. Kaufman has a chance but it's about a 2% chance.

And yes Hendersonlionfan must have been dropped on his head.

Kilgore and Gilmer posters have class when they smack talk , but Henderson and C-Hill not so much..even when there team

is not involved.

I don't mind the CH posters. They have a solid team and will do well. Have same problem with a couple from Henderson that can't get over Meeks leaving. Kilgore should win. Great club but let the game be played

Just to add some actual football talk to the conversation......

If it were me defending against the Kilgore offense , I would run a 5-3 and have my defensive tackles line up between the gaurds and tackles and dive at Kilgores lineman and cut them to the ground creating a pileup , instead of getting blown off the ball. Use 2 DT to take out 4 OL. Thats how you beat a superior talented team running down your throat. I will be there.

That is exactly what Van attempted to do to us last week... Cut the OL with the DT's. It didn't work. At all. And I doubt that Kaufman tries it, but who knows?

I think most people still envision Kilgore's offense as a between-the-tackles power running game out of the "I" formation. We still do some of that, but this year's offense does just about everything. Zone-read, spread, you name it. We don't throw much, but when we do it's highly effective.... 865 yds, 11 TD's, 23 yards per completion. That's not bad for a team that might throw 6 passes/game.

As for the defense.... stats don't really do them justice. You have to see them in action to really appreciate how good they are.

Why wouldn't you try it if you have the speed on the edge with the corners and linebackers to run the defense effectively? Everyone is saying Kilgore will swallow us up in the trenches. So are we suppose to stand there like blocking dummies?...Here is a valid reference for us to use that tactic. ( Flashback ) It's funny how all those years Celina ran a 10-1 defense and crippled running attacks with the occasional pass offenses just like Kilgores. I truely thought to myself there is no way they could have matched up with the Italy Gladiators Size and speed or Elysian Fields (Chris Harris) or even be competitive against Carthage ...with that being said, I know we are not Celina or Henderson or Gilmer or any other school with state championships under our belts , so we got to adapt to stop Kilgore. I will be more surprised if we dont do it. I am rooting hard for our boys and just expressing from a fans point of view what I have seen work in the past. Granted our boys will have to be disciplined , play the game of their lives and have all the calls and loose balls fall our way to pull this one out.

I got a question about the Gilmer vs. Kilgore game....If Gilmer doesn't turn the ball over 5 times who would have won that game?