Garrison vs. Centerville

sawboss

I watched Garrison struggle against New Diana, defense was tough. Unless Garrison gets their offense in gear they will lose I believe. Garrison does play well in the playoffs. Hope I'm wrong

Centerville 28 Garrison 23

Wild, fair assessment. It is odd that the offense has gone flat of late, but that is one of those things you can bring back to life when you are given an opportunity to play the next round. It is totally up to the Dogs on how they adjust this week and find their offensive rhythm again. I know it is there, but the effort has to match the speed of the game dictated by the opposing defense and then some. The defense will have to step up again this week against a big O-line and a bruising running attack. With Centerville knocking the Dogs out last year in the 2nd round, they should be very aware with what they are about to face. It is easy to talk the talk, but given this opportunity, it is time to walk the walk! Roll On Dogs!

Two good defenses will be in the spotlight. Garrison has the players to have an explosive offense, but haven't shown it in the last few games. If everyone gets their blocks (a hat on a hat), we should be fine this week. We will need to be more emotional to make the kind of run that I believe we can.

Centerville is a proven running team at 10-1, coming off of a convincing 65-14 win over Groveton. Garrison is 11-0 coming off a gutsy 17-14 win over a tough New Diana team. Who advances and why?

havent heard much about centerville and dont know much but at 10-1 they must be pretty good. unless they played only weak opponents. which i dont imagine happened. but i do know a little about garrison. we scrimmage them every year and they are pretty good. i will take garrison by 1 td. rep hwy 84 boys. keep on to the next round

At this point in the season you either get hot or go home. I hope we get the offense clicking this week.

Offense will turn it around this week after last week's wake-up call. The defense will have to step up another notch against the size of Centerville, busted tackles will cost dearly against this grinder. As I said earlier it is time to walk the walk, win the day and go 1-0 for the week. Roll On Dogs!

Offense will turn it around this week after last week's wake-up call. The defense will have to step up another notch against the size of Centerville, busted tackles will cost dearly against this grinder. As I said earlier it is time to walk the walk, win the day and go 1-0 for the week. Roll On Dogs!

I'm like you, I think the offense knows they have something to prove. The way to make good tackles doesn't change from 6 year olds to the NFL. Put your face on his belly button and wrap your arms. I'm expecting our best performance of the year.

Most of the expert pickers have Garrison as the underdog in this one, so that should be enough to get the Dogs emotionally ready. Only one way to handle a bully on offense, and that is to hold your ground and hit it in the mouth every play. I expect this to be the case again this week, as the #4 ranked defense in 2A-DII giving up 11 points/game takes on a Centerville offense averaging 44 points/game. I know the Dogs will come out ready for this matchup on both sides of the ball, hope all of their bullets are in the gun this week, going to be a shootout in Rusk. Roll On Dogs!

Too close to pick. Pulling for Garrison. Good luck Bulldogs!

Thanks for the support HS1988. I believe it will be a very evenly matched game between these two teams. The Dogs will get back on track this week offensively to keep pressure on the Tiger defense, while easing some of the pressure on their own defense. There are many that believe that Centerville will just line up and run over the Dogs, but they better bring their lunch pail because it will be a tough job to do. Roll On Dogs!

Game Day! I hope the weather conditions improve before kickoff, rain and lightning that is, I want to see a clean game. I know that the players and coaches are excited to get out there and display their game preparations and skills. There are only 32 2A-DII football teams still playing in Texas, so the fans will witness some very talented small school athletes tonight. With an 11-0 and a 10-1 teams battling for the win, you do not have a pulse if this does not excite you. Bulldogs win the day and go 1-0 for the week! Roll On Dogs!

Im think'n Centervilles teams pretty good but just the Feaster boys and the Russell boy and Rodgrigues kid could mudstomp'm in a slow tight circle, then back the truck up and restomp'em till they starts to like it. Don't think the clowns gona make this weeks game tho, less he umpires. True storie

Congratulations to Centerville for a very well played game and win, best of luck to you as your journey continues.

A big thank you to the Senior Bulldog class for your leadership and determination, I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors. There is not any shame in losing, only in fear of not willing to take the chance and lay it on the line. You guys have proven you are winners, and for that you have my utmost respect. Roll On Dogs!