Texas Next Head Coach

Coach0001

Naww I don't take things so seriously in a freaken sports forum. You should do the same its not that serious.

It's not just a sports forum, it's a public forum. It's for that very reason they teach grammar in school!

You are right though, it's not that serious...It's pathetic!

If you don't even know the difference between your and you're, or know that knowed is not a word, then how the hell can you expect people to take you seriously when you provide an opinion about ANYTHING, including in 'a sports forum'?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sarcasm anybody

again but but but Were Texas we get anything

I know you don't care about your grammar or rather lack of grammar, but in this case it makes a difference. If your going to jump on the bandwagon of others and use "but, but... We're Texas," you need to use it correctly in order for it to make sense. Kind of like "let's eat, grandma" and "let's eat grandma." One invites grandma to eat a meal while the other is a form of cannibalism.

Gruden has no credentials that scream must hire. Slightly above average record in the NFL and has never been a head coach in college. Everyone likes the guy because he is on espn and pronounces words and names wrong.

Exactly, he's a "one hit wonder" flash in the pan. He's not really a proven program builder. He would be a big mistake in my opinion.

IF and it's BIG IF but if Saban does decide to go to UT does UT owe Alabama the $$$ to buy his contract out? I always thought coaches didn't have to live up to the contracts regardless if they signed for so many yrs and decided to split? I read on another board that Ut would have to buy it out? True or not true?

I know you don't care about your grammar or rather lack of grammar, but in this case it makes a difference. If your going to jump on the bandwagon of others and use "but, but... We're Texas," you need to use it correctly in order for it to make sense. Kind of like "let's eat, grandma" and "let's eat grandma." One invites grandma to eat a meal while the other is a form of cannibalism.

Post of the year material.

Gruden still hasn't ruled his name out of the discussion yet... or did I miss that somewhere along the way?

The only people touting Gruden are the people enamored with his commentary. He isn't a proven team builder and has been out of coaching way to long. I doubt if he would even take the job if offered, he is making too much money "talking about football" where he is safe.

The only people touting Gruden are the people enamored with his commentary. He isn't a proven team builder and has been out of coaching way to long. I doubt if he would even take the job if offered, he is making too much money "talking about football" where he is safe.

+1. If he comes out and fails he will be exposed and I doubt he wants that to happen. Gruden is staying with Espn.maybe he'll flirt with UT so Espn can give him a raise like Saban did. :)

Team builder? In 12 seasons in the nfl, only 4 of them were losing seasons.... Then you take guys like Jeff Fisher. A hc in the nfl for 17 seasons and had the same amount of winning seasons as Gruden... Your argument about team building is a bit ridiculous. Secondly, the guy can coach. He would actually bring a good QB to Texas, something we haven't seen since VY.

Team builder? In 12 seasons in the nfl, only 4 of them were losing seasons.... Then you take guys like Jeff Fisher. A hc in the nfl for 17 seasons and had the same amount of winning seasons as Gruden... Your argument about team building is a bit ridiculous. Secondly, the guy can coach. He would actually bring a good QB to Texas, something we haven't seen since VY.

Ummm Colt McCoy?

Gruden barely won over 50% of his games as an NFL head coach (W 95 L 81 .540 percent) and has absolutely zero college coaching experience. I never said anything about Jeff Fisher, so that argument is total BS. He inherited a TB team that won the Super Bowl his first year and that's his only real claim to fame. There is no way you take someone with zero college coaching experience and make him the head coach at one of the premier colleges in America. He would do well to keep his behind the microphone gig and stay out of the fire.....