Texas Next Head Coach

Coach0001

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want Briles personally. I think he has shown he can recruit at Baylor in a stadium where attendance was horrific when he got there and built a program. He is connected in to the high school coaching circles from his days at Stephenville. I am not sure how he would fit with some of the alums, but if he wins that will not be an issue.

With the exception of Gundy, I don't see many folks that know the Texas coaches. It is true that Mack Brown didn't when he was hired, but Mack came into a home and made momma comfortable on a personal level. Not sure how many Macks are out there.

Colin Cowherd says his connections are hearing the top name on the list is Jimbo Fisher.

His connections say if the numbers work out he'll be in Austin after the MNC and FSU will hire Kirby Smart of Bama.

His connections also say Harbaugh and Gruden could come to Austin but only if Texas pays mega bucks!

Cowherd's connection were spot on with USC hiring Sark and Washington hiring Petersen.

I'd still rather have Shaw, Fisher seems like another clapper!

Not sure on the hate of Gruden. Gruden does his best stuff in the offseason when he sits with QBs, fixes flaws, shows them reads, breaks down their mental status, and enhances their knowledge and thinking process all while watching 1 film session. I guess no QB would want to come to Texas to play for that guy...

Also, Saban, stoops, miles, etc don't do all of the recruiting. The assts do the ground work, then the HC comes in to cut the ribbon and collect the prize. So asentioned several times, you want the right staff.

Finally, connections to Texas? Why are those so important? Kids don't care if you are from here or if you graduated from UT. Alumni and donors don't care either. What do they really care about? WINNING. Gruden can do that.

You guys bring up his record in the NFL. Look at guys that did great... The great ones win maybe 60% of their games. The league is balanced. College is not. With the right players I could win 7-8 games with my NCAA 2013 play book with average knowledge.

That's my rant on this. MavGrad out!

Not sure on the hate of Gruden. Gruden does his best stuff in the offseason when he sits with QBs, fixes flaws, shows them reads, breaks down their mental status, and enhances their knowledge and thinking process all while watching 1 film session. I guess no QB would want to come to Texas to play for that guy...

Also, Saban, stoops, miles, etc don't do all of the recruiting. The assts do the ground work, then the HC comes in to cut the ribbon and collect the prize. So asentioned several times, you want the right staff.

Finally, connections to Texas? Why are those so important? Kids don't care if you are from here or if you graduated from UT. Alumni and donors don't care either. What do they really care about? WINNING. Gruden can do that.

You guys bring up his record in the NFL. Look at guys that did great... The great ones win maybe 60% of their games. The league is balanced. College is not. With the right players I could win 7-8 games with my NCAA 2013 play book with average knowledge.

That's my rant on this. MavGrad out!

+1

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24380767/jon-gruden-doesnt-belong-on-college-sidelines-hes-a-myth

This article puts my perspective on the subject into words. Pretty much exactly what I'm thinking

I was just about to post that lol.

the Jon Gruden myth is so out of control, here are five quick facts that folks seem to have forgotten:

1. He hasn't coached in five years.

2. He was fired from that job.

3. One of his most recent jobs in college was in 1989.

4. When he was the receivers coach.

5. At the University of Pacific.

Gruden has had solid teams and knows football.

Yes, he's a sharp guy. Like I said, he's one of the better analysts out there. But "solid" teams? Meh, I guess. 95-81 (.540), 5-4 in the playoffs. Solid? Perhaps... but hardly remarkable. Having no connections in the state is gonna put him behind the curve coming in, having zero head coaching experience in college doesn't help matters. If it's me, I'd rather have Mack Brown (and new coordinators) than the untested and overhyped Gruden. But, y'know, that's just me.

But if I'm the AD at Texas or Ohio State -- or Notre Dame or USC or Miami -- I'm not hiring a maybe. You know who hires a maybe? Kansas football hires a maybe. UConn football hires a maybe. A school that doesn't have the money to hire a "definitely" is a school that takes a chance on Jon Gruden. A school desperate to upgrade its football program, hoping to distract rich boosters and skilled recruits with something sizzling, hires the guy out of the Monday Night Football booth and hopes for the best.

Yep, nailed it.

I still think UT's gonna end up with Saban.

Gruden will not be the next coach...The next coach will either be Fisher or Briles...I know Briles has signed a contract but UT will buy that if they want Briles bad enough.

I just can't see Fisher as the next coach. Why would a coach in the NC game even be looking to go elsewhere?

Mack will have Texas ready to play. He will go out a winner! The team will play hard for him.

Take Texas now with the points. The closer the game gets the more the spread will close. Texas will cover if not win outright, but you might as well take as much safety net as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't see Fisher as the next coach. Why would a coach in the NC game even be looking to go elsewhere?

My hope is that it is Briles so I can root for the Horns. Have had a hard time pulling for them lately because of the lack of getting the most out of the players.

Most likely Strong ( better program (tx) than Lousiville and keeping up with A&M)

More realistic Briles ( knowned in the state with High schools and seems like he wants it)

Least Likely Fisher Nc (possible and its in Florida big time program)

Almost Lilkely is Franklin he won at Vandy remember your last coach won at UNC (just saying)

It would be a homerun esp in recruiting for any of the three.

Knowned???

Seriously, did you make it beyond 2nd grade?

Seriously why do you struggle with I DO NOT CARE lol.

Trust me, we ALL know that you don't care that YOU'RE uneducated!

What I'm most curious about is how a grown man can not care to look so ignorant. I mean, if you were a child I could understand, but seriously, you're an adult. Hell, I'd be embarrassed.