West Sabine 9-0 vs Colmesneil 10-1, Who ya got?

SweetTea

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

SweetTea, you are correct they did play a scrimmage at the first of the year. WS won by 2 points. Both teams have matured alot. I know the Bulldogs have had some injuries to key players not sure about the Tigers. It could be a good game.

Anything can happen on any give game night!!!

Some say WS had three weeks off, I mean Cushing, Grapeland, then a Bye............ Start the season and end district playing very low teams....

Just an observation

Just an observation from here, any of our three 10-1A playoff teams would have the whole district schedule off!!! Just saying, no one from 9-1A with the exception of PC, is much of a threat..... IMHO

Just an observation from here, any of our three 10-1A playoff teams would have the whole district schedule off!!! Just saying, no one from 9-1A with the exception of PC, is much of a threat..... IMHO

You weren't at the Joaquin/SA game were you. You know, the one where SA had to pull off the miracle to advance. Their fans were headed for the exit with two minutes left. Hats off to SA's kids for pulling it out, but to call either team a non-threat is a stupid statement.

You weren't at the Joaquin/SA game were you. You know, the one where SA had to pull off the miracle to advance. Their fans were headed for the exit with two minutes left. Hats off to SA's kids for pulling it out, but to call either team a non-threat is a stupid statement.

He is a kinda right. But, miracles happen to teams that deserve it. Only thing that matters in the end is the score on the scoreboard!

He is a kinda right. But, miracles happen to teams that deserve it. Only thing that matters in the end is the score on the scoreboard!

Didn't say they didn't deserve to win. I was refuting the jackwagon's point that none of the D9 teams were contenders. That game could have very easily ended with SA airing up basketballs. To say Joaquin is not a playoff wirthy team is just stupid.

Didn't say they didn't deserve to win. I was refuting the jackwagon's point that none of the D9 teams were contenders. That game could have very easily ended with SA airing up basketballs. To say Joaquin is not a playoff wirthy team is just stupid.

If SA had the defense it wouldnt have been close. SO, normally D9 teams are not contenders. Joaquin did what they had to do to get into the playoffs have to give them that.

If SA had the defense it wouldnt have been close. SO, normally D9 teams are not contenders. Joaquin did what they had to do to get into the playoffs have to give them that.

What if Joaquin had a defense? I'm not downing SA. They are a good football team. They did what they had to do to win the game. They deserved to win. But you guys are acting like there are only 5 teams out of Region 3 who are qualified to be in the playoffs. That game was 1 bounce from going the other way. 1 very lucky bounce. I like your team. They played hard and won with class. I'm rooting for them this week, along with Alto and WS. Stop saying we didn't deserve to be there. We proved otherwise. Just ask your coach. I heard him say so.

What if Joaquin had a defense? I'm not downing SA. They are a good football team. They did what they had to do to win the game. They deserved to win. But you guys are acting like there are only 5 teams out of Region 3 who are qualified to be in the playoffs. That game was 1 bounce from going the other way. 1 very lucky bounce. I like your team. They played hard and won with class. I'm rooting for them this week, along with Alto and WS. Stop saying we didn't deserve to be there. We proved otherwise. Just ask your coach. I heard him say so.

I never said they didn't deserve to be there, just not a threat in this year's playoff picture. With the obstacles they had to overcome, the SA game isn't a great validator of your program, they were a distant third to WS and Alto this season. No offense SA.

I never said they didn't deserve to be there, just not a threat in this year's playoff picture. With the obstacles they had to overcome, the SA game isn't a great validator of your program, they were a distant third to WS and Alto this season. No offense SA.

9 1A is normally a weak district. I think Joaquin would have been more prepared if they played a tougher pre-season schedule. Could very well see SA/Alto/Joaquin in a new district next year!

9 1A is normally a weak district. I think Joaquin would have been more prepared if they played a tougher pre-season schedule. Could very well see SA/Alto/Joaquin in a new district next year!

Counting scrimmages, SA and Joaquin had four common opponents. Two of Joaquin's non-district opponents are playoff teams. One is in 2A D1, with double our enrollment. The other is expected to win state in 1A D2. The only weak district in region 3 is D11. Yes, the D9 teams have yet to win a playoff games in this realignment. Joaquin has lost two of them by a total of four points. Harleton has played Alto hard for a half two years in a row. Timpson played WS hard last year. "Weak" is not the right word. Not as strong as d10, for sure, but well above weak.

Counting scrimmages, SA and Joaquin had four common opponents. Two of Joaquin's non-district opponents are playoff teams. One is in 2A D1, with double our enrollment. The other is expected to win state in 1A D2. The only weak district in region 3 is D11. Yes, the D9 teams have yet to win a playoff games in this realignment. Joaquin has lost two of them by a total of four points. Harleton has played Alto hard for a half two years in a row. Timpson played WS hard last year. "Weak" is not the right word. Not as strong as d10, for sure, but well above weak.

I agree...but playing hard doesnt justify that the district has been one and done since realignment. Have to admit that the SA/Joe playoff game was one of the best in recent years that I have seen....even though there was no defense from either side. Is that kid that shot all of those 3's in bball coming back this year?

I agree...but playing hard doesnt justify that the district has been one and done since realignment. Have to admit that the SA/Joe playoff game was one of the best in recent years that I have seen....even though there was no defense from either side. Is that kid that shot all of those 3's in bball coming back this year?

No he graduated. 4 starters off of the ball team are gone, and we're starting over with a new coach. Not sure what to expect.

I saw yall were on our schedule early...

The 1 returning starter is pretty good. We have 2 big kids that didn't get a lot of time last year due to injuries. One kid that was 1st off the bench will start. We won't be bad, but all four of those that graduated were 2nd year starters. Lot of minutes to replace.

The 1 returning starter is pretty good. We have 2 big kids that didn't get a lot of time last year due to injuries. One kid that was 1st off the bench will start. We won't be bad, but all four of those that graduated were 2nd year starters. Lot of minutes to replace.

Our two tall WR's will be coming back...we have to replace Tanner...but I believe the pieces are still together to head back to Austin!