MD calls for Cessation of Football

Mavchamp

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/retired-doctor-advocates-cessation-of-high-school-football/article_604ba44c-6cde-5d76-af90-7cb71b512d26.html

Good grief......... I can't believe MISD had to sit through this drivel. Where do you even start with the rebuttal?

Go hug a tree.

Proof again....that even the most intelligent people can lose sight of things by thinking too much.

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/retired-doctor-advocates-cessation-of-high-school-football/article_604ba44c-6cde-5d76-af90-7cb71b512d26.html

Good grief......... I can't believe MISD had to sit through this drivel. Where do you even start with the rebuttal?

Go hug a tree.

Proof again....that even the most intelligent people can lose sight of things by thinking too much.

Good grief!!! I guess we should put all our boys in gymnastics or dance.

"Harris cited numerous cases of former players suffering from symptoms"- And what about the MILLIONS (not numerous) of ex HS football players that never have any symptoms? If the 50 states each averaged 500 high schools with 50 football players.... that's over a million football players. And those are probably pretty conservative numbers. I wonder what percentage of that +1 million has symptoms? I'd be willing to bet it's miniscule. I'm willing to bet more HS football players die in automobile accidents than have CTE. Should we change the age of driving to 18? 20? Do away with bicycles? Swimming? Those too lead to teenage injuries and deaths.

"It is my medical opinion that there is already sufficient medical evidence available to warrant cessation of tackle football, period"- And yet there are many other DOCTORS that disagree with you and would rather see safety increased within the game. Cessation?? REALLY? Let's ban cars in high schools. Fill in every swimming pool. Ban anything with wheels that travels over 5mph. Why not improve and get smarter and teach better techniques? CESSATION? Ridiculous.

"Harris hoped for parents and students to be well aware of the long term health concerns that MAY surround playing impact sports."- HOLD UP!!!! You are asking for a total and complete paradigm shift based on MAY? AS IN MAYBE? POSSIBLY? IN THEORY???? Maybe you are over-reacting.....possibly......in theory.

"you must review the data concerning CTE and not make precipitous decisions- But isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing? As a phycisian, you are aware of the scientific method. You are trying to take something that is still in the early stages of postulation and make it a law. This, sir, is bad science.... and you know it.

"but get on it right away"- Don't make a hasty decision. BUT HURRY UP AND END THE KILLING FIELDS THAT ARE FOOTBALL. Seriously?

"educate the players and their families of their risks, and document that you have done so+- I don't think anyone goes into football thinking it's tiddlywinks.... or hopscotch.

"I would not let my grandsons play football"- I'm wondering what parent allows the grandparent to make such a decision for their child.

----------------------------------------

I could go on. Completely ridiculous.

Go hug a tree with Nancy Pelosi, Doc.

"Harris cited numerous cases of former players suffering from symptoms"- And what about the MILLIONS (not numerous) of ex HS football players that never have any symptoms? If the 50 states each averaged 500 high schools with 50 football players.... that's over a million football players. And those are probably pretty conservative numbers. I wonder what percentage of that +1 million has symptoms? I'd be willing to bet it's miniscule. I'm willing to bet more HS football players die in automobile accidents than have CTE. Should we change the age of friving to 18? 20? Do away with bicycles? Swimming? Those too lead to teenage injuries and deaths.

"It is my medical opinion that there is already sufficient medical evidence available to warrant cessation of tackle football, period"- And yet there are many other DOCTORS that disagree with you and would rather see safety increased within the game. Cessation?? REALLY? Let's ban cars in high schools. Fill in every swimming pool. Ban anything with wheels that travels over 5mph. Why not improve and get smarter and teach better techniques? CESSATION? Ridiculous.

"Harris hoped for parents and students to be well aware of the long term health concerns that MAY surround playing impact sports."- HOLD UP!!!! You are asking for a total and complete paradigm shift based on MAY? AS IN MAYBE? POSSIBLY? IN THEORY???? Maybe you are over-reacting.....possibly......in theory.

"you must review the data concerning CTE and not make precipitous decisions- But isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing? As a phycisian, you are aware of the scientific method. You are trying to take something that is still in the early stages of postulation and make it a law. This, sir, is bad science.... and you know it.

"but get on it right away"- Don't make a hasty decision. BUT HURRY UP AND END THE KILLING FIELDS THAT ARE FOOTBALL. Seriously?

"educate the players and their families of their risks, and document that you have done so+- I don't think anyone goes into football thinking it's tiddlywinks.... or hopscotch.

"I would not let my grandsons play football"- I'm wondering what parent allows the grandparent to make such a decision for their child.

----------------------------------------

I could go on. Completely ridiculous.

Go hug a tree with Nancy Pelosi, Doc.

+100. Hes ridiculous and hes a doctor. Lol.

Heck can't do that either. Too many falls, broken arms, legs, & head trama.

Might need to cease marching bands too. I Passed out once in a stand at attention drill cause some idiot wouldn't stand still. Hit my head!

Also got hit in the head with a base drum and knocked to the ground during half time at a game. (True Story) The shame

was too horrible for any teenager. No one should ever have to go through that.

PUT ME IN A PADDED ROOM. BEFORE I GET HURT FALLING OUT OF BED. PLEASE WILL SOMEONE PROTECT ME?

100 to 1, anybody? I bet he's a liberal Democrat. Was warned early about Obama care and knew he needed to retired before the roll out.

Might need to cease marching bands too. I Passed out once in a stand at attention drill cause some idiot wouldn't stand still. Hit my head!

Also got hit in the head with a base drum and knocked to the ground during half time at a game. (True Story) The shame

PUT ME IN A PADDED ROOM. BEFORE I GET HURT FALLING OUT OF BED. PLEASE WILL SOMEONE PROTECT ME?

100 to 1, anybody? I bet he's a liberal Democrat. Was warned early about Obama care and knew he needed to retired before the roll out.

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

The liberal/elitist/progressives do not want a sport like football around. For football is the last place in American society that still holds a philosophy of what made America great and it is a masculine sport and the libs want feminized men.

I would settle for the cessation of all the prescription drugs that are being shoved on children.

yep

When I was a senior, I had to much to drink at lunch and fell off of the back of the stage during the Christmas program, hit my head on the floor. I think that was me, could have been someone else.

i dont have any boys but my daughter doesn't want to be a gymnast or dancer she would rather play football

this has got to be the stupidest smart person on the planet. i'm guessing he didn't play football in school

i guess everyone just needs to homeschool their children so they don't have to let them out of the house

The liberal/elitist/progressives do not want a sport like football around. For football is the last place in American society that still holds a philosophy of what made America great and it is a masculine sport and the libs want feminized men.

+100000000000000000000000000000000