Realignment - Baseball, Softball and Volleyball

ShoelessJoe

Well is they do thats not very smart!!!

Noone ever accused the UIL of ever doing anything that made sense or even smart!!

Surely they wouldn't have (your team) football district in 3A and (your team) baseball district in 4A or (your team) football in 2A and (your team) baseball in 3A.

Heard this today from a AA metroplex AD. The UIL is planning on combining these 3 sports into 5 classifications

6A - 2000 +

5A - 920 - 1999

4A - 300 - 919

3A - 124 - 299

2A - 124 <

300-919 for 4A won't cut it. Not fair. This can't be right.

There are 5 classifications now so surely the numbers will be similar to what we have this year. I agree Stymie, those numbers would not be fair at all.

what I've read on the UIL website is there will only be 5 classifications for those sports 2A-6A. 1A teams that play those sports will have to play in 2A

Currently there are 3A schools that play 4A in soccer, swimming, team tennis, and wrestling, so yes, you can be placed in different classifications for different sports. But I got to think there won't be a wild assortment of district alignments per various actitives. Just too much confusion and lack of continuity. Surely even the UIL can foresee that challenge.