Coldest game you've been at?

Eagleborn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2010 Playoffs. Mart vs Clarksville @ Bullard Stadium. Drove 2 1/2 hours through snow and sleet. In the 2nd half, every time I stood up to cheer a touchdown run, I would have to wipe the ice off of the bleacher before I could sit back down. I think it was something like 22 degrees with a 15-20 mph North wind.

Aluminum bleachers get cooooollllldddd!

I will also add this. Weather is and should always be a part of football. Few things strike a nerve more than fans/coaches crying about it being rainy or windy.

"It messes up our offense"........ Blah

You know who I am...and as easy as it would be to use that excuse in previous games...we look at it as the other team has to play in it too and we just gotta buckle up and get after and make it happen

Not sure of the year, I think it was 1970 or 71, Mount Pleasant verses Sulfur Springs. Last District game for the year

At Sulfur Springs. 16 Deg. with about a 20 mph north wind. Band couldn't play instruments. Woodwinds reeds froze, If brass

tried to play the mouth pieces would stick to lips. After half time we went to the busses.

Alto vs Groveton in Palestine I believe in 95. Not sure. It was so cold I was a kid and I remember just wanting to go home. A close second was alto playing the 07 state game in Midlothian. The wind was measured at 45 miles per hour on the field. I remember the punt that ended up going backwards.

January 1, 1974 Cotton Bowl Texas vs. Nebraska, Cornhuskers won, that was the team John Dutton was on. It was so cold in the shade up under the top deck that my mom was buying empty hot dog bun plastic bags from the concession stand to put over our socks to keep so warmth in, lol! I know, I know, just makes your feet sweat, but when you're in jr-hi you do what you're told! Coldest I have ever been, ever!

State Championship game in Waco. Commerce vs Sealy 1995, Baylor's Floyd Casey Stadium. Also probably one of the best games I have ever seen. Final Sealy 21 Commerce 20. Commerce went for two and the Championship....the rest is history.

That's where Tatum wanted to play Sealy in 1996. Weather would of been similar.

Instead Sealy paid for Tatum to go to Houston. Paid for everything.

Yep, coldest I have ever been. Although I don't remember it being 19 degrees, I thought it was something like 30 degrees.

Yeah, I remember we played down the road in Waco earlier that day, and it was in the mid 30s, with a 20 mph steady wind, with gusts up to 40. It got colder that night when y'all played. The wind chill factor could've been that cold, then some, though.

I would say the 07 State Championship game between Liberty Hill and Gilmer at FLoyd Casey stadium in Waco. It was bitterly oold and the wind was blowing. What made it even worse Gilmer lost. I do not remember the score just that they lost.

38-13, which made the weather feel that much worse.