Coldest game you've been at?

Eagleborn

The coldest I have ever been at a game was in I believe 1978 or 79 at Texas Stadium. The Cowboys were playing the Boston Patriots and we were way up in the top section. It was probably in the 20s with the wind howling 20-25 mph and very humid. I wasn't dressed anywhere near warm enough. I went to the concession stand for some coffee and nachos and by the time I got back, both were ice cold. I was shivering the entire game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

State Championship game in Waco. Commerce vs Sealy 1995, Baylor's Floyd Casey Stadium. Also probably one of the best games I have ever seen. Final Sealy 21 Commerce 20. Commerce went for two and the Championship....the rest is history.

Same. Got there an hour before the game and wasn't sure I was going to make it, but the game was so good that by the end I had forgotten all about the cold.

yall are in the tropics the coldest game ever was the crockett vs vernon state championship game in 1990 game temp was -2 with a wind chill of -22 at pennington field.

Mexia vs Vernon....1989 3a State Championship Pennington Field...wow....24 degrees with wind chill of like 17....freezing rain and sleet...north wind....brrrrrr....

09 went to Ennis for Goldthwaite/Joaquin then straight to Corsicana for Mart/Cayuga...cold day too....

EF vs Canadian for the state championship in brownwood 2007. OMG man we left EF it was like 50 degrees! We got to Cisco it was light snow mixed with sleet. by the time we got to brownwood it was 16 degrees with the wind blowing about 35 MPH then we was sitting in the shade I have never in my life been that cold before.

1969 Bi-district game Ennis vs. Daingerfield @ Mesquite. Many believe it's the coldest played game in Tiger playoff history. I agree. Band couldn't play at halftime because instruments were frozen. The weather tonite in Paris not anything like that night in Mesquite...lol

1969 Bi-district game Ennis vs. Daingerfield @ Mesquite. Many believe it's the coldest played game in Tiger playoff history. I agree. Band couldn't play at halftime because instruments were frozen. The weather tonite in Paris not anything like that night in Mesquite...lol

I was there I do not remember much about it, but my parents still talk about it.

The 2010 state champion game against Yoe in Mansfield was a cold one as well. I think my knees and hands were temporarily paralyzed that night. Lol

09 went to Ennis for Goldthwaite/Joaquin then straight to Corsicana for Mart/Cayuga...cold day too....

I was at the Joaquin/ Goldthwaite game. 3 1/2 hour drive home and my feet were still cold. When your team is getting hammered, I swear it drops the wind chill another 10. Ennis has a nice stadium, but I hate the way it's situated. It just funnels that north wind in.

I was at the Joaquin/ Goldthwaite game. 3 1/2 hour drive home and my feet were still cold. When your team is getting hammered, I swear it drops the wind chill another 10. Ennis has a nice stadium, but I hate the way it's situated. It just funnels that north wind in.

Not sure of the year, I think it was 1970 or 71, Mount Pleasant verses Sulfur Springs. Last District game for the year

At Sulfur Springs. 16 Deg. with about a 20 mph north wind. Band couldn't play instruments. Woodwinds reeds froze, If brass

tried to play the mouth pieces would stick to lips. After half time we went to the busses.

I knew you were a band geek

This is not me but my dad has told me a story of a playoff game in the early 70s that was in Daingerfield and Winnsboro was playing but he couldn't remember who they were playing. He got frostbite that night on one of his toes that still gives him trouble to this day

The coldest game that I have been to, That would be the state finals in Waco in 2007 at Baylor's stadium. The temps were in the mid 30' with a steady wind about 25 to 30 mph. The flags around the stadium were constantly straight out. I was running up and down the sidelines trying to stay warm. The fans in the seats were covered up with blankets. At least it wasn't raining.

It's going to be a cold one tonight in Lubbock, 23 degrees and freezing drizzle.........Cisco Loboes vs Spearman.

Go "Big Dam" Loboes

bjcnxaed4557837724125188391.gif

The team ought to be well toughened after this one.

Blue my apartment is not far from the stadium. This weather is just flat out nasty.

I was there you are right. It was unbelievable it was so cold.

I was a senior for Crockett that year....WOW is all I havre to say. Mouthpieces freezing in our mouths. I remember my thigh pads being so hard and cold. We drank hot chocolate ar halftime. I remember how the "jet heaters" on the sideline did not even melt the ice on the ground in front of them. That has to be the coldest game ever...still the coldest I have ever felt in my life.

Same. Got there an hour before the game and wasn't sure I was going to make it, but the game was so good that by the end I had forgotten all about the cold.

Sealy 21 Commerce 20 1995. I had my very young three sons with me. We all were freezing cold. The game was incredible, but we could not wait to get to the warm car and make our 100 mile trip back home. Cranked the car and the water pump started leaking there in the parking lot of Floyd Casey Stadium. Made it home about 3:00 the next morning, but we made it.