Coldest game you've been at?

Eagleborn

Alto vs Groveton in Palestine I believe in 95. Not sure. It was so cold I was a kid and I remember just wanting to go home. A close second was alto playing the 07 state game in Midlothian. The wind was measured at 45 miles per hour on the field. I remember the punt that ended up going backwards.

I was going to list the Alto/Groveton game.... That was miserable!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the 07 State Championship game between Liberty Hill and Gilmer at FLoyd Casey stadium in Waco. It was bitterly oold and the wind was blowing. What made it even worse Gilmer lost. I do not remember the score just that they lost.

I was at that game and it was cold, but I have been to dozens of much colder and more miserable games with extreme weather.

2007 Longview vs South Garland at Texas Stadium. Was there for all four games, and we were of course the last one. Was raining most of the day, and the wind would just swirl in there. Was awful.

Haven't been in too many extremely cold ones. 2007 vs Leander was ridiculously windy in Corsicana. 2004 vs Dallas Jesuit was pretty freakin cold and it rained all day. Was really young, but 1997 vs Killeen Ellison at Pennington I remember it being freezing.

Alto vs Groveton in Palestine I believe in 95. Not sure. It was so cold I was a kid and I remember just wanting to go home. A close second was alto playing the 07 state game in Midlothian. The wind was measured at 45 miles per hour on the field. I remember the punt that ended up going backwards.

Yes 06...THAT GAME WAS COLD....what made it so cold was the North endzone had that "breeze way" that opened up to the field and it acted like a wind tunnel and blew that NASTY COLD AIR....PLUS was drizzling and sleeting....side ways rain...stingin rain...sorry the Forrest Gump came out of me.....the other was 1975....HERFORD TEXAS.....State quarter-final....WAS 2 degrees...SNOW and SLEET....playing Sudan....and we FROZE our "pitutes" OFF....after the game was in dressing room and my father walked in and asked if I was going to hurry up and get dressed.....told him I was getting dressed.....our game pants were RED and I was putting my street pants on and my legs were as red as our game pants!!!!!

12/15/2007, Highland Park vs. Everman in State Semis at Mesquite Memorial. Temp in the mid to high 30's, with wind blowing about 30 mph. And if anybody has been to Mesquite Memorial, you know there's no protecting yourself from the wind.

Coldest one I've bee to was at Mesquite Memorial also.

I would say the 07 State Championship game between Liberty Hill and Gilmer at FLoyd Casey stadium in Waco. It was bitterly oold and the wind was blowing. What made it even worse Gilmer lost. I do not remember the score just that they lost.

Was at this game and just thought I was freezing. It wasn't until after the game when we headed to Corsicana for the Tatum/Farmersville game that I nearly froze to death. Brrrrr

Was at this game and just thought I was freezing. It wasn't until after the game when we headed to Corsicana for the Tatum/Farmersville game that I nearly froze to death. Brrrrr

It was pretty cool out at Brownwood playing against Canadian in the 35 mph wind that day too.

Well...started thinking ...something that get me into A LOT of trouble....But if you add college and professional games....I was 8 yrs old and my family was in Green Bay Wisconsin on Dec. 31, 1967 dad was asked to speak at a convention of doctors at the convention center on Saturday. Part of his pay was 4 tickets to a football game that was to be played the next day at Lambeau field. At first he said no we would not attend...BUT the Packers were playing the Dallas Cowboys and I PLEADED with my dad to go because I wanted to see the COWBOYS PLAY!!!!!...YEP...we sat in the Northwest corner of the endzone and FROZE TO DEATH!!!!!!!

Funny thing...I was sooooo cold did not see the winning touchdown by Bart Star...was huddled under the blankets we had taken from the hotel to keep warm...-13 during the game and wind chill of -48.....yes my booty still remembers how cold that was!!!!!...poor Cowboys!!!!

Well...started thinking ...something that get me into A LOT of trouble....But if you add college and professional games....I was 8 yrs old and my family was in Green Bay Wisconsin on Dec. 31, 1967 dad was asked to speak at a convention of doctors at the convention center on Saturday. Part of his pay was 4 tickets to a football game that was to be played the next day at Lambeau field. At first he said no we would not attend...BUT the Packers were playing the Dallas Cowboys and I PLEADED with my dad to go because I wanted to see the COWBOYS PLAY!!!!!...YEP...we sat in the Northwest corner of the endzone and FROZE TO DEATH!!!!!!!

Funny thing...I was sooooo cold did not see the winning touchdown by Bart Star...was huddled under the blankets we had taken from the hotel to keep warm...-13 during the game and wind chill of -48.....yes my booty still remembers how cold that was!!!!!...poor Cowboys!!!!

I watched the Ice Bowl game on tv that day when I was 7-8 years old, made me cold sitting at home.

1978 Wylie vs Pittsburg in Rockwall. Don't know the exact temp, but I do remember that at halftime my dad bought me hot chocolate and as soon as I took a drink my lips busted. Was like hot water on frozen glass. I had blood Ice cilcles dripping from my face the whole second half.

1978 Wylie vs Pittsburg in Rockwall. Don't know the exact temp, but I do remember that at halftime my dad bought me hot chocolate and as soon as I took a drink my lips busted. Was like hot water on frozen glass. I had blood Ice cilcles dripping from my face the whole second half.

lol dang

The Gilmer and Liberty Hill game was cold, but earlier in those same playoffs in 07 the Gilmer and Mabank game down at SFA was worse in my mind. It had been raining and the field was soaked so bad water would fly up every time someone landed on it, it was in the high 30's and the wind was blowing about 25mph! It was miserable!

I played in a game one time that it was so cold we had to put straws up our nostils to keep them from freezing up so we could breathe, looked like a pack of Walruses on the field! Managers would have to run out on the field every two or three plays and knock the ice off of us with them big rubber hammers like on "Deadliest Catch"!!!

The Gilmer and Liberty Hill game was cold, but earlier in those same playoffs in 07 the Gilmer and Mabank game down at SFA was worse in my mind. It had been raining and the field was soaked so bad water would fly up every time someone landed on it, it was in the high 30's and the wind was blowing about 25mph! It was miserable!

Both of those games were miserable. I remember both of them vividly. I was soaked to the bone in that sideways wind blown rain in Nac that day. I think the state game was colder, probably because we lost, lol.

They got their butts kicked is what they got. LH ran the Slot T so far up Gilmers backside they are still #### leather.

I was at that game but the COLDEST game I have ever been at was the state title game Crockett vs Vernon at HEB

The entire area of North and East Texas was covered with three inches of ice for almost a week.