5A Division II Region II Regional: Longview vs A&M Consolidated

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-1) vs A&M Consolidated (9-2)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • A&M Consoldiated in a close one
    • A&M Consolidated in a blow out

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to fire our secondary coach or coaches PERIOD! This BS has become redundant and I'm sick and tired of seeing so-call 4.4 and 4.5 "40 defensive backs" look defenseless against 3rd and long.

But, until we get someone in that knows how to teach technique in stance and route running, etc. we can get use to the 1937 comments. We NEED a PROVEN secondary coach and we need him like LAST YEAR!!! Besides Travin Howard who I believe is an All-American, this secondary is BY FAR the absolute WORST I've EVER SEEN.

If, it wasn't for our D-Line and Linebackers picking up the slack, I don't even believe we are in the playoffs. But, Hey! If you're a realist like I am you seen the writing in the wall with this secondary a LONG time ago.

And, yes it's frustrating as hell when you get this far every year and you don't concentrate in the summer in 7 on 7 and when the season starts and you're isolated in one-on-one situations you get showed up and burnt EVERY Friday night but, the secondary coach isn't making the necessary adjustments to make sure you're at least in the correct position to compete for the ball!

We need to fire our secondary coach or coaches PERIOD! This BS has become redundant and I'm sick and tired of seeing so-call 4.4 and 4.5 "40 defensive backs" look defenseless against 3rd and long.

But, until we get someone in that knows how to teach technique in stance and route running, etc. we can get use to the 1937 comments. We NEED a PROVEN secondary coach and we need him like LAST YEAR!!! Besides Travin Howard who I believe is an All-American, this secondary is BY FAR the absolute WORST I've EVER SEEN.

If, it wasn't for our D-Line and Linebackers picking up the slack, I don't even believe we are in the playoffs. But, Hey! If you're a realist like I am you seen the writing in the wall with this secondary a LONG time ago.

And, yes it's frustrating as hell when you get this far every year and you don't concentrate in the summer in 7 on 7 and when the season starts and you're isolated in one-on-one situations you get showed up and burnt EVERY Friday night but, the secondary coach isn't making the necessary adjustments to make sure you're at least in the correct position to compete for the ball!

Wow! What about Maxey? Isn't he a D1 recruit. Your comments seem pretty harsh.

Maxey, is a hard hitter but, being in the secondary is also being able to adequately COVER or provide ASSISTANCE in COVERAGE. I sat next to the University of Wisconsin's recruiter last week and his exact words were, "Wow! I have to be honest your secondary hits hard but, their coverage skills are a MAJOR FAIL".

I'm not being harsh at all. We got the tools to compete and with all of the blown coverages we are STILL in this game. But, here's the REALITY of it all. We want that state title and I WANT to believe that the TEAM wants it as well. With that being said, if our secondary don't step it up and pull their weight and COVER, OUR SEASON ENDS TODAY. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

Maxey, is a hard hitter but, being in the secondary is also being able to adequately COVER or provide ASSISTANCE in COVERAGE. I sat next to the University of Wisconsin's recruiter last week and his exact words were, "Wow! I have to be honest your secondary hits hard but, their coverage skills are a MAJOR FAIL".

Hopefully they make some 2nd half adjustments.