(13-0) Corrigan Camden vs. (13-0) Waskom

CCbulldog

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC has a big strong running back and a very fast smaller back. Waskom will have their hands full with that combination. HS was able to move the ball pretty well for a while against CC, so I am thinking Waskom can score on them.

I just wish Waskom could somehow figure out a way to not let the opposing team start drives after the kickoffs past the 40 and certainly not past mid field, as they have done so many times this year. Waskom defense can get stops on the longer field, but has a hard time when the kick comes back on their side of the 50.

CC can and should score 30 - 40 points. Waskom can and should score 30 - 40 points. This one will be worth the price of admission and if it is raining like it was last week, I may have to save up an extra 10 bucks for Big Dav's canopy.

CC has a big strong running back and a very fast smaller back. Waskom will have their hands full with that combination. HS was able to move the ball pretty well for a while against CC, so I am thinking Waskom can score on them.

CC can and should score 30 - 40 points. Waskom can and should score 30 - 40 points. This one will be worth the price of admission and if it is raining like it was last week, I may have to save up an extra 10 bucks for Big Dav's canopy.

I doubt CC's running game is any stronger than Crawford's was and Waskom's defense pretty much stifled them. I don't see CC's offense as quite as good as Crawford's overall. Waskom has a heck of a defense and I think their offense is pretty good as well. Too much speed on offense and swarming defense for CC ....

My prediction:

Waskom 44

CC 27

This is going to be an absolute slugfest! Both of these teams have talent, are well coached, have a good fan base that follows, and from what I've seen, play with class. I think this will be the real definition of a smash mouth football game. Ill post my prediction Friday. But I do have to say, you know we are gonna have a show to watch when two good EAST Texas football teams duke it out!! GO WILDCATS!!

Don't know much about CC, but every game they've played Waskom has proved they have the coaching staff and the athletes to outplay every opponent they have faced. I don't think that changes this week. Waskom wins this one setting up the showdown with East Benard (my prediction.)

I doubt CC's running game is any stronger than Crawford's was and Waskom's defense pretty much stifled them. I don't see CC's offense as quite as good as Crawford's overall. Waskom has a heck of a defense and I think their offense is pretty good as well. Too much speed on offense and swarming defense for CC ....

My prediction:

Waskom 44

CC 27

I'm not taking a shot at you KirkFalcon like i sad no negative comments needed about these two teams Waskom & CC will match speed for speed just ask some Hughes Spring guys about CC speed i told them two weeks ago CC is just as fast as Waskom and Crawford is a very good team but they just didn't have the speed to keep up with Waskom at the end and CC has just as many RB's to match up with Waskom this should be one hell of a game!

KirkFalcon like i sad no negative comments needed about these two teams Waskom & CC will match speed for speed just ask some Hughes Spring guys about CC speed i told them two weeks ago CC is just as fast as Waskom and Crawford is a very good team but they just didn't have the speed to keep up with Waskom at the end and CC has just as many RB's to match up with Waskom this should be one hell of a game!

Waskom will have to play their best game of the year this week. CC has the speed to match, and the added dimension of a very strong running back. Hoping that Waskom can add a new wrinkle or two and catch them off guard for a big play or two in the game, which might prove to be the difference. At least, -- we should have a little more conversation this week. Playing the teams from other areas got tedious trying to find something to argue over.

This week there are several posters who have seen both squads == Lets hear it guys. Post some opinions.

I'm not taking a shot at you KirkFalcon like i sad no negative comments needed about these two teams Waskom & CC will match speed for speed just ask some Hughes Spring guys about CC speed i told them two weeks ago CC is just as fast as Waskom and Crawford is a very good team but they just didn't have the speed to keep up with Waskom at the end and CC has just as many RB's to match up with Waskom this should be one hell of a game!

Who made you sheriff?

Yellowjacket89

Do I think both teams are good? Yes

Do I think this will be a give me game for either team? No

Do I have respect for CC? Yes

But don't come on here telling people not to be negative about the other team, it's called talking smack. I know as for me it's just good clean fun that makes the week go by faster. If you have a problem with that then you might want to get off of Smoaky!

Yellowjacket89

Do I think both teams are good? Yes

Do I think this will be a give me game for either team? No

Do I have respect for CC? Yes

But don't come on here telling people not to be negative about the other team, it's called talking smack. I know as for me it's just good clean fun that makes the week go by faster. If you have a problem with that then you might want to get off of Smoaky!

Negative smack talk is cheap! If this is your way of making your week go by faster maybe you need to find another way these two great football teams don't need negative smack from no one it should be better responses I think both teams have earned that respect they certainly have mines IMO!

SFA is way too big for a pair of 2A team IMO. Carthage would be a good possibility, but CC done won 1 game over there this postseason. Maybe the Abe in Lufkin.

I would image the Rose is already saved for Kilgore-Chapel Hill next week. I'd be surprised if they meet elsewhere.

Man I tell you what man, I remember back in dang ol 1996 man, dang ol Groveton vs. Alto, dang ol filled SFA stadium up man, Im talking standing room only man I tell you what.

I don't care for talking smack because really nobody knows who will win, I don't think Waskom will win by 21 points, I don't know anything about CC other than they are 13-0 and they are 13-0 for a reason. I think it will be a good game, glad it is in Carthage...