(13-0) Corrigan Camden vs. (13-0) Waskom

CCbulldog

I don't care for talking smack because really nobody knows who will win, I don't think Waskom will win by 21 points, I don't know anything about CC other than they are 13-0 and they are 13-0 for a reason. I think it will be a good game, glad it is in Carthage...

I couldn't agree more, this is a scary matchup for CC. In my opinion CC's keys to victory is to play top notch defense especially pass defense, and control the time of possession. I DO NOT want to see CC get in a shoot out with Waskom, the Wildcats have way too many athletes. No more pretenders only contenders from here on.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more, this is a scary matchup for CC. In my opinion CC's keys to victory is to play top notch defense especially pass defense, and control the time of possession. I DO NOT want to see CC get in a shoot out with Waskom, the Wildcats have way too many athletes. No more pretenders only contenders from here on.

I wouldn't mind a shootout but I don't know if my heart could handle it.

corrigan ends waskoms fairytale season.

Fairy tale seasons are for teams that get lucky and squeeze out a few wins they shouldn't or get lucky bounces in the playoffs after barely getting in.... Waskom has only played ONE GAME that was decided by 14 points or less all season and it was still a victory. So in my mind Waskom has proven they are elite this season in terms of on field performance. Now that's not saying they are a lock to beat CC, but I think the notion that they are getting here by the skin of their teeth or because of an easy schedule is not correct in any fashion.

Wild74 quit biting that finger & loosen up. No matter what happens Friday night it's been a great year. Waskom coaches have had those boys ready for every challenge this year, I don't see this week being any different. Now I don't think it will be a blow out, but I do bilieve we will come out with a W. Hopefully believing in my team isn't to negative for YJ89.(lol)

Wild74 quit biting that finger & loosen up. No matter what happens Friday night it's been a great year. Waskom coaches have had those boys ready for every challenge this year, I don't see this week being any different. Now I don't think it will be a blow out, but I do bilieve we will come out with a W. Hopefully believing in my team isn't to negative for YJ89.(lol)

I have enjoyed the season so much I just can't help thinking when will the big one drop...Ringside had the best advice for Crawford, it would be tight and Waskom would pull away in the second half...Of course I didn't take his advice. Me and my friend looked at each and and he said we are in trouble once Crawford went up by two and I said ringside said we would pull away in the second half....I was hoping ringside was right:)

Fairy tale seasons are for teams that get lucky and squeeze out a few wins they shouldn't or get lucky bounces in the playoffs after barely getting in.... Waskom has only played ONE GAME that was decided by 14 points or less all season and it was still a victory. So in my mind Waskom has proven they are elite this season in terms of on field performance. Now that's not saying they are a lock to beat CC, but I think the notion that they are getting here by the skin of their teeth or because of an easy schedule is not correct in any fashion.

Couldn't agree more

74- I know what you mean. I think we were all stressed for awhile, but that's why you've gotta love high school football. I've been nervous at some point or in several of our games. I know this weeks game won't be any different other than it maybe a lot more stressful.

74- I know what you mean. I think we were all stressed for awhile, but that's why you've gotta love high school football. I've been nervous at some point or in several of our games. I know this weeks game won't be any different other than it maybe a lot more stressful.

No its not a negative believing in your team i'm hoping Waskom wins myself i'm pulling for you guys i just think the smack talk at this point is pointless especially between these two teams at this stage of the playoffs i just would like to see more positive talk about these two teams with the yr their having i think they earned that respect rather then some cheap smalk talk about what these two teams can and can't or won't do to one another thats all TTFN but i'm with ya man lol!

Yellowjacket89

Do I think both teams are good? Yes

Do I think this will be a give me game for either team? No

Do I have respect for CC? Yes

But don't come on here telling people not to be negative about the other team, it's called talking smack. I know as for me it's just good clean fun that makes the week go by faster. If you have a problem with that then you might want to get off of Smoaky!

+100. He is very sensitive. But he will just have to get over it.

Im taking Waskom by 14. CC has a good team. They will score points. But wont get the stops against Wa that they have been getting. Turnovers, penalties, and field position will be big in this game. CC will probably have a couple on side kicks, they do it well. The result of those could be key as well. Both teams will make you pay for a short field. I think Waskom will out score them. No room for mistakes though. Good luck to both teams. Oh and ....um.....Go Wildcats!!!!

Im taking Waskom by 14. CC has a good team. They will score points. But wont get the stops against Wa that they have been getting. Turnovers, penalties, and field position will be big in this game. CC will probably have a couple on side kicks, they do it well. The result of those could be key as well. Both teams will make you pay for a short field. I think Waskom will out score them. No room for mistakes though. Good luck to both teams. Oh and ....um.....Go Wildcats!!!!

Thanks 88!!!!

I've GOT to save this for next year!! At least the last two words!! :) 88, you comin to game? Our seats will have the backs on them!! :) Me and Wild74 will save ya a seat between us!! :)

Thanks Bra, I will send you that bottle of Old Crow to help with the pain.......... :)

Halftime adjustments fellers, something that really hasn't been addressed prior, but has got something "BIG TIME" to do with my Catz still being in this show. The coaching staff did yet another outstanding job tweaking the "D" at the half. The guys came out and made it happen. Still waiting for stats to come out, but figure they are the most given up by a pretty stout Crawford "D".

To play us, you gotta be GOOD!!

To stay with us, you gotta be TOUGH!!

To beat us, you gotta be KIDDING!! :)

Hey Ol Buddy, I see Hughes Springs is hosting a good ol round ball tournament this week. Just want to wish you guys the best of luck this week on the hard wood.

Halftime adjustments fellers, something that really hasn't been addressed prior, but has got something "BIG TIME" to do with my Catz still being in this show. The coaching staff did yet another outstanding job tweaking the "D" at the half. The guys came out and made it happen. Still waiting for stats to come out, but figure they are the most given up by a pretty stout Crawford "D".

To play us, you gotta be GOOD!!

To stay with us, you gotta be TOUGH!!

To beat us, you gotta be KIDDING!! :)

Here are the rough stats for total yardage from last nights game:

Waskom 356

Crawford 166 of which only 46 came in the

2nd half

HS 88 I am hoping you speak with the wisdom of experience. I recall Martinez getting loose on them a couple times, and I was thinking if it were KJ, that would be a TD. With all due respect, I believe the loss to Waskom brought the HS team way down. Coupled with late season key injuries, this year was not meant to be what you all hoped going into week 10 undefeated.

Waskom is playing very good ball defensively at this time. Getting experience with R L really helped them. ( best team talent wise this year). If they come out and play up to their capability, it will be another win, in my opinion.

This year's Waskom team has been a pleasant thing to experience. And, I just shake my head when I think that next year, they still have KJ, Junebug, Dillon Benton, Chan Amie, Trace Carter, Trey Stephens, Mike Reason...... Keeling may have a hard time getting preseason games scheduled!

Def agree Waskom is not a Cinderella story 2 elite 8 teams if ppl wanna see a true Cinderella they should go check out gladewater! I'm not gone talk smack this go around becuz it's finally 2 dominant teams goin head to head no Cinderella season for either of these teams

HS 88 I am hoping you speak with the wisdom of experience. I recall Martinez getting loose on them a couple times, and I was thinking if it were KJ, that would be a TD. With all due respect, I believe the loss to Waskom brought the HS team way down. Coupled with late season key injuries, this year was not meant to be what you all hoped going into week 10 undefeated.

Waskom is playing very good ball defensively at this time. Getting experience with R L really helped them. ( best team talent wise this year). If they come out and play up to their capability, it will be another win, in my opinion.

This year's Waskom team has been a pleasant thing to experience. And, I just shake my head when I think that next year, they still have KJ, Junebug, Dillon Benton, Chan Amie, Trace Carter, Trey Stephens, Mike Reason...... Keeling may have a hard time getting preseason games scheduled!

Waskom will be dominate almost will be unfair lol