(13-0) Corrigan Camden vs. (13-0) Waskom

CCbulldog

You sound just like those HS guys.. And if I'm not mistaken you picked against CC in the HS game lol. Just remember WHEN CC wins this game yall can pick against us again next week.. it's starting to get fun making yall look bad.. but I watched some film on waskom and the "elite speed" you keep referring to just doesn't show up on film .RBs have no vision it's kinda boring to watch but they are good.. But we WILL continue to prove you guys wrong each week and hopefully yall will jump on the bandwagon before it's too late!

I don't agree with trying to talk smack at this point in the season. This is going to be a great game, but to say Waskom backs have no vision and is boring to watch is just sad.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying sir, that Crawford lost because Waskom coaches made better adjustments? Like I posted earlier, I haven't got to see game film yet!

Not at all. I was just making it clear that I wasn't disagreeing with the statement that Waskom made some effective adjustments. That said, I think Crawford coaching staff is excellent and I hope they keep doing what they are doing to make the most of the talent that is available to them.

You sound just like those HS guys.. And if I'm not mistaken you picked against CC in the HS game lol. Just remember WHEN CC wins this game yall can pick against us again next week.. it's starting to get fun making yall look bad.. but I watched some film on waskom and the "elite speed" you keep referring to just doesn't show up on film .RBs have no vision it's kinda boring to watch but they are good.. But we WILL continue to prove you guys wrong each week and hopefully yall will jump on the bandwagon before it's too late!

Lol no vision? You will see on Friday that waskom has the best backs in 2a. Our line is better than CCs. Offensive and defensive. The best thing is they will all be back next year so that if you can make it this deep next year you can lose to them again...

CC keeps talking about that "ground-N-pound" that they have. Well, Crawford had the same style offense. All it took to burst that bubble was a couple of quick scores, then we turned the tide and began our own version of the "ground-N-pound", burning that precious clock and forcing them to abandon their game plan. I see the same scenerio here vs CC.

OK, CC beats Centerville 22-20 after being up 22-0 at half. I can understand coasting (coz that's what we did vs RL) but that's cutting it a little close, isn't it. Centerville got taken to the woodshed by Crawford 27-7 during the regular season. All the aforementioned taken into account I cannot help but come to the only conclusion I kept coming up with during the entire season against a lot tougher folks (IMO) is: EDGE WASKOM!! ...

Seems to me this is an obvious fact that a lot of folks are trying to avoid, or explain away. The only thing I would add would be that it gives Waskom more than just an edge. Again, Waskom by 21.

I believe every team that's made it this far has a chance or they wouldn't be here.

Any team coming in 13-0 has had to have done something right. Just that one of the two will be 14-0. No disrespect meant to the folks, especially the kids of CC. I just said all season long that no one to this point has been able to answer for all the weapons that we possess, and I don't see that changing come Friday night. I'm saying that will be Waskom will be wearing that 14-0 tag & add yet some more hardware for the trophy case in the process. One game at a time.

CC will be ready. We will eat at that clock and gain yards 3 at a time, we won't be in a rush to score . We WILL come to play and we WILL WIN!

Okay, so after you find yourself down by 14 in the first quarter, are you STILL going to rely on that 3 yards at a whack & burning of the clock, or will you abandon your game plan and fold under the pressure as other teams have done. We have the capability to score & score quick. I have a feeling that the urgency to score will be squarely on CC's shoulders.

Any team coming in 13-0 has had to have done something right. Just that one of the two will be 14-0. No disrespect meant to the folks, especially the kids of CC. I just said all season long that no one to this point has been able to answer for all the weapons that we possess, and I don't see that changing come Friday night. I'm saying that will be Waskom will be wearing that 14-0 tag & add yet some more hardware for the trophy case in the process. One game at a time.

Yalls bear trophy case probably does need some hardware. I'm sure y'all would put the stuff we put in the back way up front. Count it 6 state major boys championships between track and football at Corrigan-Camden. If we were going off of pedigree and trophies Waskom would have to stay on the bus. As you say no disrespect to Waskom enjoy your new found success which is common place here in Corrigan.

Another (lesser) factor was that Crawford had to get out of the normal offensive ground and pound to try to catch up once Waskom got ahead a couple of scores and the time started to trickle away. So we started passing more, to try to score faster, and by that time Waskom knew that, and defended the pass, and voila, second half shutout. BUT the key factor here WAS the effective adjustments the Waskom staff made at halftime and the VERY good defensive team they had to work with ...

This is exactly what CC will face come Friday night.

Yalls bear trophy case probably does need some hardware. I'm sure y'all would put the stuff we put in the back way up front. Count it 6 state major boys championships between track and football at Corrigan-Camden. If we were going off of pedigree and trophies Waskom would have to stay on the bus. As you say no disrespect to Waskom enjoy your new found success which is common place here in Corrigan.

Not exactly bear, just a lot of dust on the old stuff. With a little luck, we'll be having this conversation for the next several years to come. This is exactly the caliber of smack that we've grown accustomed to over the course of the season, and thus far been able to take care of business between the hash marks pretty well. I disagree that at this point in the season the "smack talk" should fall by the way side, it's what makes the SDC what it is. I can only hope that our new found success becomes common place in Waskom as it is in CC.

Your past success and past state championships won't help you when you're taking that spanking friday night.

Okay, so after you find yourself down by 14 in the first quarter, are you STILL going to rely on that 3 yards at a whack & burning of the clock, or will you abandon your game plan and fold under the pressure as other teams have done. We have the capability to score & score quick. I have a feeling that the urgency to score will be squarely on CC's shoulders.

This team is good don't get me wrong but yall act like they can't be beat.. The thing is they are not as fast as the CC backs which I think one of them has a state ring in track.. I've never even heard of waskom in my life but I bet you've heard of CC ..

Awe poor baby being sensitive. You'll be crying after your boys get thumped.

I'm telling you yall sound just like HS and we beat them like we were supposed to.. now after the game when I get on this website and gloat don't cry about it don't complain "act like you've won before " or "be classy" I don't want to hear none of it . Either logoff or deal with it because this time I'm coming harder than I did after the HS game when they deleted the whole thread after we won lol I'm making some people cry this week

I'm telling you yall sound just like HS and we beat them like we were supposed to.. now after the game when I get on this website and gloat don't cry about it don't complain "act like you've won before " or "be classy" I don't want to hear none of it . Either logoff or deal with it because this time I'm coming harder than I did after the HS game when they deleted the whole thread after we won lol I'm making some people cry this week

I think everyone on this site knows just how classless you are, but don't worry it won't be because y'all won this time!

I bet you still live with your parents lol.

Not exactly bear, just a lot of dust on the old stuff. With a little luck, we'll be having this conversation for the next several years to come. This is exactly the caliber of smack that we've grown accustomed to over the course of the season, and thus far been able to take care of business between the hash marks pretty well. I disagree that at this point in the season the "smack talk" should fall by the way side, it's what makes the SDC what it is. I can only hope that our new found success becomes common place in Waskom as it is in CC.

Thanks bud and I do wish y'all the best now and in the future. I simply will not stand by the wayside and allow folks to down talk our boys. At this point we are both winners. Waskom seems to be building something special and I always support the impact that winning has on a community . Here is to Waskoms continues success.

I seen Waskom on hudl and they are as good as advertised. Waskom is a great team, they make solid tackles, run to the ball on defense, and have good team speed. The thing that scares me about this match up is that Corrigan is a run the ball straight at you kind of team, while Waskom runs the read option and lots of mis-direction plays. CC must be discipline on defense, one missed assignment can lead to a big play or a TD.