Carthage vs West Orange Stark

11Deep

54 members have voted

1. 1. Epic Matchup

• Carthage
    • West Orange Stark

Im going with my Dawgs lol. Only thing i know about WOS is that they run the spead offense. Run/Pass 50/50 but from what i heard they are pass happy now any truth to that jw... Heard their QB is a STUD!! he spreads the ball around and their Defense is solid. Facts---> Carthage 41 Jasper 26 .... WOS 18 Jasper 16...... Carthage 49 Silsbee 6 .....WOS 27 Silsbee 0........... Really Cant Judge Off That.... I Can but i wont ... Anybody from jasper can give me any insight on this match up......

Is WOS Defense the best Carthage will see thus far.................................

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going with my Dawgs lol. Only thing i know about WOS is that they run the spead offense. Run/Pass 50/50 but from what i heard they are pass happy now any truth to that jw... Heard their QB is a STUD!! he spreads the ball around and their Defense is solid. Facts---> Carthage 41 Jasper 26 .... WOS 18 Jasper 16...... Carthage 49 Silsbee 6 .....WOS 27 Silsbee 0........... Really Cant Judge Off That.... I Can but i wont ... Anybody from jasper can give me any insight on this match up......

Is WOS Defense the best Carthage will see thus far.................................

WOS has good size, great coaching, and even better speed at every position. Slow, fat players do not survive in their system. Some D1 prospects. Underestimate them and they will whup ya! Their QB reportedly had an "off" night last night; but he is an athlete and can kill you.

I believe that the Jasper team that lost to WOS by two points last night is a far better Jasper team than what you saw in district. From a Jasper perspective, I would advise not get too wrapped up in comparing scores. Sure, it gives some insight but it can also be downright misleading.

I think some wos fans thought it would be a walk in the park last night because Jasper lost to Orangefield earlier in the year. WOS won but I doubt any of them would now consider it a walk in the park. Good luck!

WOS has good size, great coaching, and even better speed at every position. Slow, fat players do not survive in their system. Some D1 prospects. Underestimate them and they will whup ya! Their QB reportedly had an "off" night last night; but he is an athlete and can kill you.

I believe that the Jasper team that lost to WOS by two points last night is a far better Jasper team than what you saw in district. From a Jasper perspective, I would advise not get too wrapped up in comparing scores. Sure, it gives some insight but it can also be downright misleading.

I think some wos fans thought it would be a walk in the park last night because Jasper lost to Orangefield earlier in the year. WOS won but I doubt any of them would now consider it a walk in the park. Good luck!

So, what are you saying? Both of those teams last night would beat Carthage? Jasper's Defense was 30 points better against WOS than Carthage?

Guess we should expect to lose again this week Dawg fans...

So, what are you saying? Both of those teams last night would beat Carthage? Jasper's Defense was 30 points better against WOS than Carthage?

Guess we should expect to lose again this week Dawg fans...

Did I say that? Don't think so. 11deep asked for a Jasper opinion. I am pulling for Carthage, our district champion. Carthage will be an overwhelming favortie. What I was trying to say I guess is that WOS is no Silsbee, they have better coaches (IMO). And athletes all over the field. So I will put it this way. I do not think Carthage reserves will get much playing time. If they do, I will come back and eat crow!

How is wos defense

After the last response I am hesitant to say anything. But this is the history as I see it. They have historically seemed to put their best athletes on defense. The head coach used to be the DC so that probably has not changed. This is what I saw. Even after Cuney repeatedly burst into the secondary for 15 to 20 yard runs wos had the athletes to chase him down, and take him down or run him out of bounds. Or whoever else that Jasper got into the secondary. Of course, Carthage might have more speed than Jasper and so that might not be the case for you. Jasper's strategy (and it almost worked) was just smash mouth football up the middle. I have never seen a wos team that you could run outside on consistently.

Just like Carthage, many wos athletes played or play in the NFL.. Earl Thomas is currently with Seattle. Kevin Smith, off their 1986 state championship team, played several years for Dallas. I have no doubt that eventually we will be hearing about at least one or two off this team that will play on Sundays. Of course, the same is true of Carthage. Just saying that is one small indicator of the type talent wos has every year.

The winner of this game will be a heavy favorite for making it to Arlington. Two very good programs with strong tradition and athletes galore.

I like Carthage by 10. They haven't revealed any defencies so far.

After the last response I am hesitant to say anything. But this is the history as I see it. They have historically seemed to put their best athletes on defense. The head coach used to be the DC so that probably has not changed. This is what I saw. Even after Cuney repeatedly burst into the secondary for 15 to 20 yard runs wos had the athletes to chase him down, and take him down or run him out of bounds. Or whoever else that Jasper got into the secondary. Of course, Carthage might have more speed than Jasper and so that might not be the case for you. Jasper's strategy (and it almost worked) was just smash mouth football up the middle. I have never seen a wos team that you could run outside on consistently.

Just like Carthage, many wos athletes played or play in the NFL.. Earl Thomas is currently with Seattle. Kevin Smith, off their 1986 state championship team, played several years for Dallas. I have no doubt that eventually we will be hearing about at least one or two off this team that will play on Sundays. Of course, the same is true of Carthage. Just saying that is one small indicator of the type talent wos has every year.

I understood your post. Not sure how Bizzle came to that conclusion from your post. Thanks for the info.

And once again I went to setxsports.com and was amazed at some of their comments. According to the idiot fans of WOS, WOS has faced several QB's better than Bogie. One also stated that he watched the Navasota game on you tube and after watching that game there is no way my Dawgs can beat WOS because Navasota was just a shell of the team that beat WOS last year.... Have got to stay off that sight!

Carthage (12-1)

Jacksonville 42-28
Lindale 45-17
Tyler Chapel Hill 52-22
Nacogdoches 44-40
Whitehouse 39-63 LOSS
Rusk 44-7
Huntington 55-6
Center 55-3
Jasper 41-26
Diboll 49-6
Bi-D: Mexia 49-6
Area: Navasota 44-14
Reg: Silsbee 49-6
Qu: West Orange-Stark

West Orange-Stark (11-1)

Little Cypress-Mauriceville 21-3
Port Neches-Groves 34-37 LOSS
Beaumont Central 31-7
Hamshire-Fannett* 36-10
Hardin-Jefferson* 46-6
Orangefield* 38-14
Buna* 42-0
Bridge City* 40-16
Silsbee* 27-0
Bi-D: Huffman Hargrave 41-9
Area: West Columbia 61-7
Reg: Jasper 18-16

i have tried to sign in there and it never sends me an email to verify my registration. Last week it was Silsbee was bigger and faster, yet Carthage had the size advantage IMO and dominated both lines and Silsbee never could seem to unhook the plow from their horses and show that speed. Carthage dominated Silsbee in every facet of the game and had 3 times the fans in Silsbee's back yard. I was so hoping for the shutout against Silsbee, not just to show them SETX folks they were wrong, but also so I didn't have to listen to that awful fight song they play. This week is no different. Carthage doesn't have speed, WO-S has already seen better QB's and offenses, Carthage gives up 20 pp/g.... They brag on their teams and it is pride, understanding what talent they have and WO-S is a 3rd round powerhouse. I hope Carthage blows them out and I could see it happening. Carthage is more talented, bigger and will be well prepared for this game.

Because of the weather,Dawgs win this by 3 TDs. 42-21. If the forecast happens to change and it is nice weather, it could be worse.

It's out of control down there! Last week it was all about how we haven't seen speed like silsbee, then Dawgs blow em out the stadium and now we shouldn't read too much into it!!!

And they talked about Jasper getting up on us, then WOS plays a 2 pt game with Jasper and it's a different Jasper team and a rivalry, so that don't mean anything.

So in conclusion, we don't know anything about anything based on what's happened so far this season unless it looks good for WOS, then you can take it to the bank.

Back to Beaumont go the Dawgs to eat another SETX team in their backyard. Bad Dawgs! Bad!