White Oak vs Cameron Yoe

player73

Break those stats down by half. WO made 300 yards offense in the first half. Yoe had 36. After first half adjustments, the Yoemen held them. There were 5 WO passes that could have easily been interceptions. Several hit Yoe players right in the numbers and could have easily been a turn over. Cameron has been a second quarter team all year. Defense wins championships. White Oak has nothing to hold their heads down for. They have just never been challenged late in the game and Yoemen have that experience and confidence to know that they are in it until the last tick of the clock. WO players will gain that confidence and be a better team for it. Then everyone better watch out.

I did say earlier on this thread, the Yoemen will make a team think they have a win sewed up and then after halftime, they come out with new matchups and they pull ahead. They have done it several times this year.

In my book, a great team makes adjustments, learns from mistakes and never gives up. And that has been the Yoemen most of this year. It kills us as fans. But just know, these two teams were even. There was no "Better or worse team". Cameron played a terrible first half and played much better in the 2nd half. WO played lights out in the first and didnt in the second. That's why there are 4 quarters.

Look forward to watching WO grow from this. Good luck Roughnecks in the future. Great group of kids.

Yoenation.... Your announcers on the radio did a great job. Like you said it wasnt all "homer" talk and my hat goes off to them. Tell them not to give up on yall at the half next week cause yall are definately a second half team, lol. We gave you some business on here and you took it in good fun. Good luck in Arlington.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Yoenation for winning gracefully that is also a great measuring tool.

Just want you folks to know.most of the Yoe fans are like me. We just love good football. Don't judge the whole town on a few guys who like to talk smack- every town has 'em. Looking forward to checking out the Wall/ New Boston game today in Waco. It will be nice to actually SEE the game with out all of that fog!

All the talk we did on here were at the posters not the Yoe players. Dude, you need to check yourself cause you sound like a mere punk!

So all the times y'all made fun of our mascot and name should be over looked? If you can't take it don't dish it. Told you y'all would lose. Heat up that crow and shut your mouth.

Yoenation.... Your announcers on the radio did a great job. Like you said it wasnt all "homer" talk and my hat goes off to them. Tell them not to give up on yall at the half next week cause yall are definately a second half team, lol. We gave you some business on here and you took it in good fun. Good luck in Arlington.

Thanks- hope we meet up again! I thjink one of the announcers, Joe Smitherman, was hoping his son would go in to replace Kopriva since he is the backup! HA! They had to add some internet boost before the game- had over 900 listeners last night! And they told locals to listen on the radio and not the internet. Guess lots of ET fans were listening in too.

Wow, still in shock. I refuse to get on here and say if this didn't happen, or if that would have happened kind of stuff! The hard fact is this was the semi-final game, 5 rounds deep. It doesn't really matter what happened or didn't in the first three quarters, what matters most is what the score board says when the final tick is over! The hard truth to swallow is the fact that Cameron Yoe did what champions do in those type of games, they found a way to win. I still can not believe Coach Rhoades made that 4th down call on that spot on the field. That was unbelievable. I must give proper credit to Cameron Yoe, their coaches, those young men who never ever stop believing, it did not matter how bad White Oak smacked them around the 1st half, they just kept fighting and scratching, and got it done. Special teams was huge, I mean huge for Cameron Yoe. They truly have a very sound football program, all phases of the game. Congratulations on the win. True Champions should not only be measured by how bad they beat their opponents, or how many yards they gain or points scored, but by the adversity they face, and the how they respond when the pressure is applied, Like it or not, Cameron Yoe did just that last night.

I do know one thing, Crow sure is hard to swallow! LOL

Congrats Yoe.(still don't like you, but you have earned my RESPECT even more.)

I can't say enough about the Roughnecks, huge accomplishments achieved this year. Please remember what it took to get to this point, learn from the mistakes, build on this experience, and it will be a different story very soon! Look how quick ya'll have come in such a short time. Beat a lot of great teams, and went toe-to-toe with the defending State-Champs, A hell of a season for any program! Ya'll earned it every step of the way, and even though you might not have won the game, you are Winners in my book.

Congrats on a great season!

+1000

I wasn't at the game but didn't sound like White Oak got there tales kicked at all, and calling White Oak sissy shows very little class, I assume your just a kid and have not grown to full maturity yet...

I was thinking the same thing lol,,,,...!!!!

Stats

Total Yardage WO 405 Yoe 175

First Downs WO 23 Yoe 11

Kopriva held to 116 yards

Smith held to 67

Everyone knows the better team is not going to the finals. I am just sick !

the better team? LOL its not who wins the battles it who wins the WAR! and in the end the Yoe won it.

Thanks- hope we meet up again! I thjink one of the announcers, Joe Smitherman, was hoping his son would go in to replace Kopriva since he is the backup! HA! They had to add some internet boost before the game- had over 900 listeners last night! And they told locals to listen on the radio and not the internet. Guess lots of ET fans were listening in too. [/quote

I had a lat minute run north of Denton and listened to the internet cast. They were a class act and gave compliments to each team.

BoomerSooner,

You are a good fan of the game...

You ought to find a job and a house in Cameron....

We would welcome you with open arms As The...

Defending 2A State Champions

and

The #1 Winningest 2A Football Program Of All Time....

Keep the Maroon and White...

Just add Cameron Yoe To It...

That was the worse game we had all year. Then we had to play the refs. Still kicked some tale though. Way to go big Yoe. Had the sissy necks crying after the game!

yeal right we the one that had a real TD called in complete Please stop your crying,,,...!!!!! BTW our QB was twice as good as your last Night,,,...!!!! Try to win with class if you can!!!!!

yeal right we the one that had a real TD called in complete Please stop your crying,,,...!!!!! BTW our QB was twice as good as your last Night,,,...!!!! Try to win with class if you can!!!!!

Yall spent all week teasing an old man, now you talking about class? How can you say your QB was better, did you not see all the picks that were dropped? You guys are just sore losers. LOL

Yall spent all week teasing an old man, now you talking about class? How can you say your QB was better, did you not see all the picks that were dropped? You guys are just sore losers. LOL

Yes I saw all the picks that were dropped by our team, What about them????? Im older than your old man but what does that matter I never said anything about him or about Yoe,,,...!!!! He had facts, not a butt like you!!!!!

I teased you Old Man Yoe. Quit taking it out on the Roughnecks. Hate on Tatum , if you want , not the Roughnecks, an unranked team that Yoe barely beat.

I teased you Old Man Yoe. Quit taking it out on the Roughnecks. Hate on Tatum , if you want , not the Roughnecks, an unranked team that Yoe barely beat.

You guys are so sensitive! Lmao!

White Oak loss get over it!

You white oak sissy neck fans are sore losers. Maybe in another 40 years y'all will make it back. Lol

You guys are so sensitive! Lmao!

White Oak loss get over it!

You white oak sissy neck fans are sore losers. Maybe in another 40 years y'all will make it back. Lol

Guess Wo or Tatum will see you in the basketball playoffs.....oh wait a minute..no they wont. Enjoy your last game before you fade away until next football season! Does yo play basketball or baseball?

Yall spent all week teasing an old man, now you talking about class? How can you say your QB was better, did you not see all the picks that were dropped? You guys are just sore losers.

Dude, your a joke. High School kids played that game. I hope for your sake or your kids sake that you have no affiliation with the yoe isd

Guess Wo or Tatum will see you in the basketball playoffs.....oh wait a minute..no they wont. Enjoy your last game before you fade away until next football season! Does yo play basketball or baseball?

A lot of our boys take time off after football and focus on baseball. Kopriva and Evan both played on the 2010 state championship baseball team as freshmen.