All District Teams

Hookemhorns88

This is my annual rant about All District Teams.

The Longview News Journal published the 12-5A and 14-4A selections. To be eligible you had to suite up. To make the team it seems you must have had to play at least one play and either made one tackle, made a block, or gained a yard on offense.

This is so watered down that it takes away the honor. We as fans, and I assume as coaches, lament about how soft some of the kids are these days as opposed to "in the old days". Well, it is our own fault especially if we continue to award kids for anything they do.

This is my annual rant about All District Teams.

The Longview News Journal published the 12-5A and 14-4A selections. To be eligible you had to suite up. To make the team it seems you must have had to play at least one play and either made one tackle, made a block, or gained a yard on offense.

This is so watered down that it takes away the honor. We as fans, and I assume as coaches, lament about how soft some of the kids are these days as opposed to "in the old days". Well, it is our own fault especially if we continue to award kids for anything they do.

Yes you are right hookem......"back in the old days"...to be Honorable Mention....had to get atleast one vote in the voting for all district....today the honorable Mention is a list the coaches make themselves after the voting to keep "dad and mom" off his back about junior and his LIMITED PLAYING TIME!!!! Glad I am out of the profession...I am NOT politically correct!!!!!