Girls and boys 14 AA

actually Commerce beat Alba......Commerce has only lost to LO & EW....AG is tied for 4th in district with Quitman and Quitman would hold the playoff tie-breaker at this point

Yes,I know I was there,we had 4 careless TO's that resulted in 4 easy layups.If we do a normal job of handling the ball that night,we dont lose by 1.We have Commerce at home next week.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak to the girls' side, but for the boys it does matter where you finish. This district matches up with a district with three charter schools who are easily going to be the top three in that district. If you don't finish number one then you'll be playing one of them in the first round rather than Ponder or Scurry-Rosser.

I can't speak to the girls' side, but for the boys it does matter where you finish. This district matches up with a district with three charter schools who are easily going to be the top three in that district. If you don't finish number one then you'll be playing one of them in the first round rather than Ponder or Scurry-Rosser.

I know you meant Palmer, but yes the top 3 in dist. 13AA will be very similar. Malakoff is no slouch though and will probably finish 4th.

With the watered down playoff system it really does not matter what seeding you go into the playoffs. The main goal is to make it to regional and then the Drum in Austin.

Surely you're kidding! So you are saying that if Winnesboro girls ended up in a tie for the 3 and 4 spot in district that it would not matter to you if your first playoff game ended up being Sunnyvale or Leonard? I believe ANY coach in their right mind would want to avoid the top seed in the first round. We all know what their goals should be. I would want my team to postpone that probable loss as late as possible. Yes I do know that any team can be beat. It is about match-ups and coaching in 2A.

Surely you're kidding! So you are saying that if Winnesboro girls ended up in a tie for the 3 and 4 spot in district that it would not matter to you if your first playoff game ended up being Sunnyvale or Leonard? I believe ANY coach in their right mind would want to avoid the top seed in the first round. We all know what their goals should be. I would want my team to postpone that probable loss as late as possible. Yes I do know that any team can be beat. It is about match-ups and coaching in 2A.

Once again you are putting words in my mouth. I was talking about the first and second seed places. I really do not care. My love of the game has been destroyed by this site and others.

Once again you are putting words in my mouth. I was talking about the first and second seed places. I really do not care. My love of the game has been destroyed by this site and others.

I could only respond to the words you typed. "With the watered down playoff system it really does not matter what seeding you go into the playoffs." To me you are saying it does not matter. Maybe you need to spell it out to us lesser intelligence. Either way it really does matter whom you play in first round.

I am not going to argue with you.

Who is arguing? I am just giving you a chance to respond and explain your opinion of the system. Why are you even responding if you won't validate yourself. I stated my reasons why it fails or succeeds. You have over 9000 posts on here and all of a sudden your out of words?

I believe that the Lady Panthers will go farther than the Lady Raiders depending on the draw. Winnsboro lost to Chapel Hill in the first game that they played by one point.

There is a chance that Winnsboro/Mount Vernon could meet in the playoffs.

I said all this to say I really think that it will depend on the draw for both of them.

It is hard to predict what teenage girls will do. lol :)