Girls and boys 14 AA

this thread sure has gotten boring since Lone Oak finished off Edgewood for complete district domination.....Spangler, Space, others, please come back!

on a serious note, anyone see Palmer or Malakoff play this year? Looks like LO will be playing the winner of that play-in game thats happening tonight in Eustace.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen them play but not worried for LO if they keep their focus and play defense like they did the second half of district.

Palmer beat Malakoff both times in district. Of course that may not mean much. Scurry had beat Palmer both times but lost last night in the first game of the play-in.

Playoffs Round 1:

14-2A #1 Lone Oak vs 13-2A #4 Malakoff/Scurry/Palmer play-in winner

14-2A #2 Edgewood vs 13-2A #3 Red Oak Life

14-2A #3 Commerce vs 13-2A #2 Life Oak Cliff

14-2A #4 Quitman vs 13-2A #1 Faith Family Academy

Palmer won the 3 way plan-in for 4th place in district 13-2A and faces Lone Oak in Bi-district round

That seems to be an odd place for a neutral game.

Tyler or somewhere like that makes more sense. I think that Edgewood must have won the toss. I know Winnsboro probably would have wanted to go East.

They must have trouble with finding an open gym with the boys playing as well.

Do not like Mineola. Using MapQuest for directions, QF is less than 30 miles for Edgewood and twice that many for Winnsboro.

Sometimes teams cannot get a venue because of other games being played there and (or) coaches disagree. The coaches also will give their preferable sites if they cannot meet on a site together. Then they usually flip and end up going to the one that wins.

aint right for charter school except in 5a,thats where they belong at least for a couple of years!

Very true since the players can come from an area and not just from that schools district.

Even then the 5 or 6A school could be getting screwed since they are not allowed to recruit.

Charter schools will continue to b a problem for some time to come at least until the political climate changes in Austin( unfair or fair however u choose to describe it) . Charter schools were supposed to b a alternative for people who thought public schools were deficient in academics or the creation or evolution theories did not suit their religous beliefs , now they have turned into a drain on public education dollars and some are private incubators for D1 talent in sports they are even giving scholarships so that certain kids can attend, of course only special kids apply after they have been invited

well the Life Oak Cliff girls team tore LO a new one last week in bi-district round (thats what u get for finishing 4th)....i hope that Alba can turn that around tonight and beat them but i have my doubts...LOC was really talented

on charter schools, i agree its not fair and i thought the rules were changing so that they would be forced to play in higher classifications. (based on classification of other schools in location of their school)...looks to be the case with El Paso Harmony which moved up to 6A (or 5A...cant remember) but the schools in district 13 didn't move up which seems wrong...i saw where there is a waiver process by which they can lobby not to get moved up...wonder if thats what happened??

Dont know Triple A for example boys team chose to move up to 3A , their girls team stayed in 1A looks like we are at the mercy of Texas legislature or UIL same thing when u r talking about charter schools. They apparently can decide their own fate

Dont know Triple A for example boys team chose to move up to 3A , their girls team stayed in 1A looks like we are at the mercy of Texas legislature or UIL same thing when u r talking about charter schools. They apparently can decide their own fate

well the Life Oak Cliff girls team tore LO a new one last week in bi-district round (thats what u get for finishing 4th)....i hope that Alba can turn that around tonight and beat them but i have my doubts...LOC was really talented

on charter schools, i agree its not fair and i thought the rules were changing so that they would be forced to play in higher classifications. (based on classification of other schools in location of their school)...looks to be the case with El Paso Harmony which moved up to 6A (or 5A...cant remember) but the schools in district 13 didn't move up which seems wrong...i saw where there is a waiver process by which they can lobby not to get moved up...wonder if thats what happened??

Start out at the highest classification and every 2 years reevaluate,I think the girls got this one easy.They are way more diverse than last year,you can take 44 out of the game and they dont slow down much.Last year she had a big load on her shoulders but it has been spread out this year.

Calling out Brock!!!