Girls and boys 14 AA

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All they do is 1-3-1 and press...

And spacegolfer are there other options than trying to win? Are they supposed to play half speed?

Here I thought you new basketball. I won't answer that. But I will say that Edgewood has already played to not win so big. And you said we showed little class in running up the score. Our coaches are doing everything they can to please you. You might mention to them before the game tomorrow on what they should do. Tell them I said it is okay.

Here's the deal... Edgewood is gonna do what they do.. Their adjustments are subtle (maybe front that guy and not the other, maybe trap this guy but not another).... Subtle.... They will show up with their stuff and everyone from Edgewood to Lone Oak to Indiana knows what is coming.. If you beat em, savor the flavor because it has only happened about 15-20% of the time over 30 years. But-- if you show up half stepping, you will get run. Some call it a measure of class-- I say a lack of preparedness.. If One Tree is that well prepared and talented enough, power to em... If they think The Dogs are gonna roll over and let em rub their belly, check yourself.. Bottom line is this-- quit trying to "label" them or figure them out.. There are no secrets. They have played the same way, in the same scheme since 1981.. I've been a part of a 118-33 game.. The only game btw in over 30 years that Edgewood ever played a 2-3 zone.. Classless??? Lean on that moniker if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.. I'm callin the Dogs... Hey Bulldog Nation... If you get a chance to bury a buffalo, lay a 20 spot in em

You got him there One Tree--- the old "scoreboard" rant is always legit...but... Edgewood does at least have three UIL team state Championships to go with their (as you described) countless district titles. Now I'll admit that Edgewood's two girls Semi final appearances and only mere 8 Regional tourneys are disappointing and short of satisfying, but I agree... One Tree should celebrate this district title.. A celebration is fitting when you haven't won 31 of 34 straight titles

after all this UIL domination talk i keep reading about, i did some research and looked at the archives and in the last 10 years EW has won 12 playoff games total (byes are excluded) and have not made it to the State tournament during that period...looks like Ponder has owned u guys btw.. its true that me and everyone else in LO would be jealous of 12 playoff wins when we have exactly zero playoff wins ourselves in that period but I'm not sure i would exactly call that 2A domination by u guys....I still respect the success, i guess i was expecting more though in the more recent history

Congratulations to the Alba Golden Lady Panthers and the Edgewood Lady Dawgs for winning their games last night.

Winnsboro Lady Raiders keep it going tonight.

concur...congrats to both and cheering for Winnsboro tonight...LO lady buffs got it handed to them last night by Life Oak Cliff but they went down fighting, so proud of the effort

after all this UIL domination talk i keep reading about, i did some research and looked at the archives and in the last 10 years EW has won 12 playoff games total (byes are excluded) and have not made it to the State tournament during that period...looks like Ponder has owned u guys btw.. its true that me and everyone else in LO would be jealous of 12 playoff wins when we have exactly zero playoff wins ourselves in that period but I'm not sure i would exactly call that 2A domination by u guys....I still respect the success, i guess i was expecting more though in the more recent history

Fair point to be sure and that is also my primary gripe about my alma mater.. But--- playoff wins in football have started happening in that same time frame where they were once non existent..

Ponder beat us 3 times in a row in the Regional Tourn. only to become State Champs. They were very good.

The key is to get into the playoffs to even have a chance to advance. Now with 4 teams qualifying from each district that is not such a hard task. Makes it for a little watered down playoffs but sure does open up things for cinderella stories.

I do not remember saying things about playoff domination but I do remember say we have dominated our districts for most of 30 plus years.

Sorry just woke up. Lone oak up 10-9 at the half.

I need a Smoaky monitor!!! I call for the banishment of any posters who think a 10-9 game at half translates into either team being any good... Immediately ban LObuffalo 69 and space golfer and Spangler and even me