Girls and boys 14 AA

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably shouldn't look ahead to Regionals. You better focus your attention on the loser of Life Oak Cliff vs Red Oak Life. Either one will be a tough matchup. You have a long road ahead of you before you reach the Regional tournament. Don't get too arrogant Edgewood. As you've seen this year, any team can quickly be humbled.

Who is looking ahead? Every team should have multiple goals. Since we are no longer playing high school ball, looking ahead is okay anyway. We have no effect on the focus of our TEAM. Not sure of who you are referring to as being humbled unless you are talking about the blowout you had from Life Red Oak by 20+.

As far as arrogance you have the least room to talk of anyone on the board. (Pull the plank out of your own eye) before you speak of arrogance. The road to Regional's is the same for Edgewood as it is LO. Same amount of games.

Quitman finished fourth and will play Faith Family.

Commerce finished third and will play the winner of Life Oak Cliff vs Red Oak Life.

Edgewood finished second and will play the loser of Life Oak Cliff vs Red Oak Life

Lone Oak finished first and will play the winner of the Palmer, Malakoff, and Scurry three way tournament to decide fourth place.

Could it be that EW just isn't as good as they have been in the past? I haven't seen them play this year but did last year and they weren't not near as strong of a BB team as they have been in the past. No doubt LO is better, a good coach will do this for a team, but let's wait till LO can put more than one good season together before we declare them a powerhouse.

I saw in a previous post that you already declared LO district champs next year a new district. Saw LO play earlier in the year and I have seen WW and VA several times this year. With what all teams have coming back I wouldn't say LO has the championship locked up next year.

LO basketball is starting to sound a lot like Winny football.

Hey TappInIt...did you go to VA Caddo game last night? lettting Caddo take you to OT this year is not the sign of a good team...overrated or bad night or what?

Hey TappInIt...did you go to VA Caddo game last night? lettting Caddo take you to OT this year is not the sign of a good team...overrated or bad night or what?

Yea, I was in attendance at this game. To answer your question, both. They weren't hitting their 3 pointers, which they live off of, and they aren't very sound fundamentally. Not nearly as impressed the second go around. But it still should be a good race between WW,VA and LO next year.

sounds good Tappy...thanks for the update...Tom Bean will be in that new district next year too and they are playoff team this year and appear to be pretty good....so it looks like to me that new district will be very competitive for bball....Commerce is coming over with us and are pretty good and you figure Farmersville, Leonard, and Caddo Mills won't be down long...looking forward to the new competition...it was getting boring dominating district 14-2A (thats a joke SpaceGolfer & Spangler!!)

Who is looking ahead? Every team should have multiple goals. Since we are no longer playing high school ball, looking ahead is okay anyway. We have no effect on the focus of our TEAM. Not sure of who you are referring to as being humbled unless you are talking about the blowout you had from Life Red Oak by 20+.

As far as arrogance you have the least room to talk of anyone on the board. (Pull the plank out of your own eye) before you speak of arrogance. The road to Regional's is the same for Edgewood as it is LO. Same amount of games.

I think the loss in the first game of the year to Red Oak Life was a humbling experience for LO...and i think it was a great wake up call and the best thing that could have happened to the boys...it fired them up and the next game they went and beat a traditional powerhouse team at Clarksville (who is currently ranked ahead of us) and have been on a roll ever since...we have seen ROL play since then (at WP tourney) and they are good but I'm confident we have grown and could handle them the second time around.

Playoffs Round 1:

14-2A #1 Lone Oak vs 13-2A #4 Malakoff/Scurry/Palmer play-in winner

14-2A #2 Edgewood vs 13-2A #3 Red Oak Life

14-2A #3 Commerce vs 13-2A #2 Life Oak Cliff

14-2A #4 Quitman vs 13-2A #1 Faith Family

Academy

I dislike this charter school system. It's unfair to public school systems like ours. And lucky enough that's who our district gets to play in the first round other than lone oak

Gotcha... I guess I just assumed they had split from the talk of a tie and playoff.

I thought with the age of our team,that we were ready for playoffs.So disappointed that we werent and Quitman with a brand new(although a good one) swept us like they did.

Lets go Lady Panthers tonight

this thread sure has gotten boring since Lone Oak finished off Edgewood for complete district domination.....Spangler, Space, others, please come back!

on a serious note, anyone see Palmer or Malakoff play this year? Looks like LO will be playing the winner of that play-in game thats happening tonight in Eustace.