#2 Kilgore Bulldogs v defending state champion Stephenville Yellow Jackets

DLine06

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right a no show at halftime or on here!

I had kids with me that were freezing their tails off. I truley wanted to meet up. My 8 year old was freezing her you know what off! Lol

Where did the meet up end up being btw? I also was trying to get to the game in time for the tailgate KildogDad was hosting. Girls, I tell ya, nothing like 'em!

I had kids with me that were freezing their tails off. I truley wanted to meet up. My 8 year old was freezing her you know what off! Lol

Where did the meet up end up being btw? I also was trying to get to the game in time for the tailgate KildogDad was hosting. Girls, I tell ya, nothing like 'em!

Sorry, Hollywood, but 80DOG was hosting the tailgate. I was lucky to get there 30 min. before the game with my wife and daughter.

CONGRATS KILGORE!!!!

There is no doubt the Bulldogs have been our top rival since we started all this in 2002.

Can't think of many teams I enjoy watching Marshall beat more than Kilgore......

But also can't think of many teams I respect more...... and want to see win a state title more than Kilgore, either.

Seeing this makes that beatdown ya'll gave us back in August a little easier to take......LOL

I'll be there on Friday in my red Mav hoodie pulling for the K-dogs!

Congrats again! Marshall supports you guys!

CONGRATS KILGORE!!!!

There is no doubt the Bulldogs have been our top rival since we started all this in 2002.

Can't think of many teams I enjoy watching Marshall beat more than Kilgore......

But also can't think of many teams I respect more...... and want to see win a state title more than Kilgore, either.

Seeing this makes that beatdown ya'll gave us back in August a little easier to take......LOL

Thanks Mavchamp. I remember you saying way back in early September that you thought Kilgore would be playing late into December. You were right!

CONGRATS KILGORE!!!!

Mavchamp you r and always have been a class act. Thanks and hope you and your family have a safe and happy Holiday Season.

Question Kilgore peeps. JuJu, Justice and Colbert all great runners. Kilgore has a very tough defense. How do the runners stack up in practice against that nasty D?!

That's what makes them so good the D gets to practice against great rbs and the same goes for the rb's. Getting better every single day

Thanks Mavchamp. I remember you saying way back in early September that you thought Kilgore would be playing late into December. You were right!

I've seen Kilgore three times this season. And I just had a gut feeling they had something special. They looked too clean, too sharp, and too good in August to not be. Just didn't see the sloppiness, the mental mistakes, and the clumsiness that tends to derail some teams' seasons. Kilgore just about seemed flawless in all three games. And I have no doubt they have improved each week since zero week.

Of course, we made a lot of teams look special this year....lmao. But Kilgore just seemed to have a spark that you only see now and again on teams.

Mavchamp you r and always have been a class act. Thanks and hope you and your family have a safe and happy Holiday Season.

Thanks and same to you and yours.

It's easy to respect Kilgore. They win and they win and they win. They are winning in 3A..... but Kilgore was winning in 4A. So no one can accuse them of prospering from realignment. Kilgore has won no matter their address and who their neighbors were.

But Kilgore.....at least from my perspective.... respects their opponents. And they especially respect their rivals. Win or lose. That's why I like the Kilgore-Marshall rivalry. Respect is both given and received.

Some of our rivals refuse any semblance of respect

That's why I've been such big suporters of both Kilgore and Texas High. Class act programs, class act fans.

Good luck and see ya'll on Friday (and Saturday!)

I agree. So what did you think about Stephenville's RB?

I was impressed. He's just a freshman, right? He definitely has a bright future.

I hate to bring up something you said from a while ago, but I will. You came and saw the Kilgore / Gilmer game, and came away thinking that those two teams didn't live up to the hype, and you thought that Stephenville was on a different level. When those two teams didn't "execute" the way championship teams do, I asked the question if that might've had something to do with the level of competition. Can you answer that question now? ;)

Kilgore definitely was all business Saturday. I was pretty surprised at how they dominated after all the hype about Stephenville. I sat nearly 4 hours in that stiff cold wind just to see the 'Jackets in person against a fellow D of D team, and I don't mind saying I expected more. It happens, though. I felt like the weather could play a very important role in this game. I even told a buddy that went to the game with me that I hope Kilgore wins the toss, and elects to defer. Sure enough, that's what happened.

I was impressed. He's just a freshman, right? He definitely has a bright future.

I hate to bring up something you said from a while ago, but I will. You came and saw the Kilgore / Gilmer game, and came away thinking that those two teams didn't live up to the hype, and you thought that Stephenville was on a different level. When those two teams didn't "execute" the way championship teams do, I asked the question if that might've had something to do with the level of competition. Can you answer that question now? ;)

Kilgore definitely was all business Saturday. I was pretty surprised at how they dominated after all the hype about Stephenville. I sat nearly 4 hours in that stiff cold wind just to see the 'Jackets in person against a fellow D of D team, and I don't mind saying I expected more. It happens, though. I felt like the weather could play a very important role in this game. I even told a buddy that went to the game with me that I hope Kilgore wins the toss, and elects to defer. Sure enough, that's what happened.

Blackflag, yes he's just a freshman. 14 years old. FWIW, his numbers are better than Jonathan Gray's freshman numbers. Not saying he's going to be another J Gray, but he's already caught the eye of several scouts from Stidham's being recruited so heavily. Time will tell about Williams. He has 3 more years and his future does look bright. If he continue's to work hard, get stronger and faster, he'll be playing big D1 ball. He's also very intelligent. One of the top students in his class.

As for Kilgore, they are awesome. Regarding my comments about the Kilgore/Gilmer game, I was expecting more. And I never said Kilgore or Gilmer were less than top tier teams, just the night I watched them, they both executed less than expected. Again, could it have been the fact that both were so good they negated each others explosiveness and execution? I believe so. I knew going into this game with Kilgore, that it would be the biggest test for them with Stidham's hamstring being torn. Kilgore is a very good team. Stidham said it best after the game... "Kiglore has a good defense and we couldn't get it going on offense. And I definitely wasn't 100%." That's about all you need to know. Everything Stephenville does offensively, goes through the QB. And just so happens this year we didn't have a backup capable of running this offense. Kinda of a gamble if you ask me. We all knew if Stidham goes down, season over. Well, that happened. Kilgore can thank Lubbock Cooper for that! ;) If you watch any film on him, you'll see what he is capable of. I just felt sorry for him and the team because you could see the frustration he was having dealing with his immobility. OL is not good enough to allow him to sit in the pocket to just throw. Even if they were, Kilgore's D-line was too strong for that to happen. His strength is his ability to read the defense. On designed pass plays, he has the ability to elude pressure with his speed to extend plays and that is where he is most dangerous. He is pretty fast for a 6'3" frame with a 4.6 40. No one was able to see any of that with a torn hamstring. It #### but that's life. He will be back next year stronger than ever along with 4 other key offensive starters. Should be another great season for Stephenville.

The DoD has some bad#### teams. I highly repect those programs. I know I might have rubbed some the wrong way on here, but honestly, it was all smack. I like to have fun posting. If you ever meet me, I'm all about repect and talking HS football. I'm a coach myself. Coach girls competitive soccer. I'm one of the best sports there is when it comes to competition, whether I'm playing or coaching and expect the same from my players.

Best of luck to Kilgore Friday! I'll be there sitting on their side pulling for them.

It's over! Move along! They had their chance!

Lol, hey, just giving the kid some props. He was injured going into this game and when you have the leader and one of the best QB's in the nation trying to play with a torn hammy, how do you think the others felt. Just showing what a healthy Stidham is capable of. Kilgore was the better team Saturday. You can only play with what you got. Count your blessings Kilgore and Carthage. On any given play, it's a risk. That's football for ya.

I truley wish Kilgore and Carthage both a hard played injury free game! May the best team this Friday, win.

Lol, hey, just giving the kid some props. He was injured going into this game and when you have the leader and one of the best QB's in the nation trying to play with a torn hammy, how do you think the others felt. Just showing what a healthy Stidham is capable of. Kilgore was the better team Saturday. You can only play with what you got. Count your blessings Kilgore and Carthage. On any given play, it's a risk. That's football for ya.

I truley wish Kilgore and Carthage both a hard played injury free game! May the best team this Friday, win.

They still would have lost with him healthy.... NExt