Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

Kilgore hasn't clinched a spot yet. They're still playing right now. But if it were to happen...

That's all we're going to be hearing about and reading about for the next week. Was the same way a few years ago when Henderson and Chapel Hill met. By the time the game got here, the coverage leading up was over the top and way too much. We were sick of hearing about it. Will be the same way this year. Can't wait for that...

Kilgore hasn't clinched a spot yet. They're still playing right now. But if it were to happen...

That's all we're going to be hearing about and reading about for the next week. Was the same way a few years ago when Henderson and Chapel Hill met. By the time the game got here, the coverage leading up was over the top and way too much. We were sick of hearing about it. Will be the same way this year. Can't wait for that...

No it won't be the same. Henderson and Chapel Hill were in the same media coverage area is why they recieved so much coverage. Carthage is considered in the Shreveport Market so all East Texas media ignores them for the most part and act like it's Carthage, Louisiana instead of the town the other side of Henderson 28 miles. So you'll be sick and tired of hearing about Kilgore by the end of the week.

Will be sick and tired of hearing about Kilgore? I already am and we're still a week away from the only game that matters.

As for Carthage, that guy at the Longview NJ that's from there seems to always been in their back pocket. Seems there's stories about once a week from Carthage in the LNJ.

At least neither is in the Tyler coverage area. So we won't have to see as much coverage in there. Maybe an inside story once or twice.

No it won't be the same. Henderson and Chapel Hill were in the same media coverage area is why they recieved so much coverage. Carthage is considered in the Shreveport Market so all East Texas media ignores them for the most part and act like it's Carthage, Louisiana instead of the town the other side of Henderson 28 miles. So you'll be sick and tired of hearing about Kilgore by the end of the week.

I picked Carthage...I think Surratt is one of the top 5 coaches in the state and he has had one extra day to prepare....For Surratt that's an advantage.

He's also at the Kilgore-Stephenville game. LOL. Carthage's defense is going to have their hands full this running team though.

Will be sick and tired of hearing about Kilgore? I already am and we're still a week away from the only game that matters.

As for Carthage, that guy at the Longview NJ that's from there seems to always been in their back pocket. Seems there's stories about once a week from Carthage in the LNJ.

At least neither is in the Tyler coverage area. So we won't have to see as much coverage in there. Maybe an inside story once or twice.

You will be lucky if you get one sentence or even a mention next week.

Let the trash talk begin.... I the the key for this game will be.

DEFENSE.... Everybody knows Kilgore Defense is GREAT one of the best in the state. BUT Carthage D has been PRETTY HOT. ...... Offense was on FIRE Friday night , Bogie threw for 400 passing yards and we ran for about 120. Weather won't be a factor for the SC

I think this game will come down to turnovers and field position. May the best field-goal kicker win...

Galvan is definitely clutch. His older brother, Rudy was also a kicker and backup QB on the 2004 State Team for Kilgore.

The weather will have no effect so I like Carthage's passing game at ATT....

Make no mistake both teams are VERY good I may eat my words..

I think Surratt will curl his big 6'4 receivers up which is hard to defend and then drop some long ones to them when they stop and go..

All kidding aside, although I DO love talking Smack on here, BOTH of these teams have represented the area magnificently & have played to the very best of their abilities, while providing us, their fans, the ABSOLUTE BEST in sports competition! Leat each player, irrespective of which team they represent, leave EVERYTHING on the field at the end of the game KNOWING how PROUD we are to have the opportunity to support them each week!!!! "Who let them DOGS OUT?" is something BOTH teams share. Let me close with another slogan both share...GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!