Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

Well even though I wasn't on the team at the time I remember back in 1991 When Carthage and Kilgore were both in 4A and Carthage went 15-0 to the State Championship and lost to Texas A&M Consolidated 35-16 in the Astrodome. The following year pretty much the whole team was back and they were primed to roar to the State Championship again and not be denied. They were 9-0 going into our final home game in 1992 vs. Kilgore and Kilgore, led by running back Zeke Williams ran all over us to the tune of 38-14.

That put Carthage in a 3-way tie for the district championship and Kilgore and Henderson got to go to the playoffs while Carthage stayed home. Can't get the memory of that embarrasing and devastating home loss out of my mind while thinking about this game. I hope Scott Surratt and the Dawgs win this one for the 1992 Carthage Bulldogs.

Well even though I wasn't on the team at the time I remember back in 1991 When Carthage and Kilgore were both in 4A and Carthage went 15-0 to the State Championship and lost to Texas A&M Consolidated 35-16 in the Astrodome. The following year pretty much the whole team was back and they were primed to roar to the State Championship again and not be denied. They were 9-0 going into our final home game in 1992 vs. Kilgore and Kilgore, led by running back Zeke Williams ran all over us to the tune of 38-14.

That put Carthage in a 3-way tie for the district championship and Kilgore and Henderson got to go to the playoffs while Carthage stayed home. Can't get the memory of that embarrasing and devastating home loss out of my mind while thinking about this game. I hope Scott Surratt and the Dawgs win this one for the 1992 Carthage Bulldogs.

+1000000000

If I'm being honest, I was hoping Stephenville would win because I like that matchup better for our Dawgs! Kilgore is beastly. Big, strong, and not afraid to just line up and run over you!

That said, I expect Carthage's offense to be enough! And our defense has improved by leaps and bounds since October!

Can't wait for this game and can't wait to see Carthage hoist that trophy!!!!

Kilgore's deep coverage is very good, and I don't think Carthage Oline will block Kilgore, and no one has stopped Kilgore's running game, (no one) and I don't think Carthage will either, Carthage will have to score on every possession, because, again, I don't think they stop Kilgore!

Kilgore's deep coverage is very good, and I don't think Carthage Oline will block Kilgore, and no one has stopped Kilgore's running game, (no one) and I don't think Carthage will either, Carthage will have to score on every possession, because, again, I don't think they stop Kilgore!

Be interested to see the stats from the Gladewater and Kaufman games since NO ONE has stopped the Kilgore running game. Did they throw a lot in those games?

I hate to tell this, cause it'll give away my gray hair. In 1980 a struggling Kilgore team, my Sr. Year faced a state ranked Sleepy Reynolds team that had a smoking hot running back named Rosco Tatum. We hosted for homecoming and beat them 22-0. We finished 7-4 but that game made a great memory. Been missing them Red Dogs from the south, should be fun.

I hate to tell this, cause it'll give away my gray hair. In 1980 a struggling Kilgore team, my Sr. Year faced a state ranked Sleepy Reynolds team that had a smoking hot running back named Rosco Tatum. We hosted for homecoming and beat them 22-0. We finished 7-4 but that game made a great memory. Been missing them Red Dogs from the south, should be fun.

Yeah I actually got to meet Rosco a few months ago. When I heard his name mentioned over a cb radio on a oilfield location I tracked him down there. Ironically, He was working for Tutle and Tutle there in Kilgore hauling frac sand. Kilgore loves the role of spoiler it seems; at least for Carthage.