Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

Carthage hasn't needed to go deep all year. Precision short timing passes=bread and butter and extremely difficult to defend.

Anyone who thinks Bogenschutz is not a deep threat was NOT at the Carthage/LaGrange game watching him throw "THE BOMB" about 45-50 yds right on the money for Carthage's 2nd passing Strike of the night! THAT was TRULY a BEAUTIFULLY THROWN TD pass!!!

This one is a house divider for me - I'm from Kilgore and my hubby is from Carthage ---- I remember those good old days with that zero love triangle of Kilgore/Henderson/Carthage. It was a great three way rivalry. heck, I barely remember any of the other teams we played back then. I hope it will be a nail biter and a real dogfight to the very last second....I have been waiting over 30 years for this. May the best bulldog win - as I look at the K in the red stone of my class ring !!!!!!!!! I'm just glad Booty, Tatum and McMillian are not on this C-dawg team.

Sorry Carthage were glad to be playing yall but there's no difference into what's going to happen in this one all the high powered passing teams will be sitting on the sideline watching Kilgore pound the rock.

Okay. Just know that in our now 4th State Championship run in 6 years there are defintely teams that Carthage has played that were one-dimensional. Those were always the easiest teams to beat. What if we stop your run and you are forced to throw all night?? Going to be a long night for Kilgore with Tee back there taking your passes the other way to the house. Just ask Coldspring-Oakhurt how it feels when the run gets shut down in a State Title Game....it feels like 47-22.

Kilgore will most likely only throw the ball when they want a quick TD. I understand Carthage deserves repect. I also know that kilgores offense is as high-powered as a running game can be. There will be no trickery, no BS plays. We will line up and shove it down your throat until you break. And when you least expect 67 yd passing TD.

Defense will hold it hasnt failed all year hence the 0 loses. They shut down Stephenville's passing game. They will cause turn overs and swarm. You better score every possesion because we might. You better bring your hard hitting game because they love to hit. And you better bring a spare QB because he is going to be picking himself up off the ground an awlful lot. That being said I pick Kilgore. I have seen them walk thru Elite teams ranked teams Each and every week. Kilgore will be ready and Carthage will look stunned when they cant stop the run!!

Kilgore will most likely only throw the ball when they want a quick TD. I understand Carthage deserves repect. I also know that kilgores offense is as high-powered as a running game can be. There will be no trickery, no BS plays. We will line up and shove it down your throat until you break. And when you least expect 67 yd passing TD.

Defense will hold it hasnt failed all year hence the 0 loses. They shut down Stephenville's passing game. They will cause turn overs and swarm. You better score every possesion because we might. You better bring your hard hitting game because they love to hit. And you better bring a spare QB because he is going to be picking himself up off the ground an awlful lot. That being said I pick Kilgore. I have seen them walk thru Elite teams ranked teams Each and every week. Kilgore will be ready and Carthage will look stunned when they cant stop the run!!

Kilgore has yet to meet a defense like Carthage's, who has effectively shut down every playoff opponent they've met (undefeated teams, too) Also, They have not quite faced a QB the caliber of Bogenschutz, who takes a lickin' & KEEPS on TICKIN'!!!

Wow. You would think that from all the years of trash-talking Carthage has endured from every team in the playoffs since 2008 here on Smoaky that at least people FROM here would know what happens to teams that talk the most smack. Your little puppies better get ready. The big dawgs are on deck.

I have no dog in this fight, literally! Lol

I'll be supporting Kilgore in this one. If Carthage is 100% healthy, they should give Kilgore a very good test. If Carthage wants to pick up 7-10 yard chunks in the ground, run the wildcat formation with your best RB. Kilgore had no answer for that. With Stidham being basically immobile, Stephenville lined Williams up in the wildcat and was able to slash Kilgore for 7-10 almost everytime. IMO, why stop running it until they stop it? After gaining first downs, Stidham would come back in and the play would be to roll him out with his gimp leg. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Stephenville had to get out what got them there. Plain and simple. I think coaches were at a loss. They did their best, but were just at a loss with Stidham playing on a torn hamstring.

Carthage and Kilogre will play their game, the game that got both to the Championship. Best of luck to both.

Go Dawgs!

I think it was more the wind shut down the ville passing attack

No, it was Stidham having a torn hamstring. Stephenville O is designed around the QB being able to be mobile. 1) As prolific of a passer as Stidham is, he's a threat because of his ability to extend the play by rolling left or right or tucking the ball and running. 2) Stephenville doesn't have the OL to allow Stidham to sit in the pocket against DL's like Kilgore has. He has to be able to be mobile. With that said, give a lot of credit to Kilgore's defense. Was it the best defense Stephenville saw all year, I don't think so. I know I may get ripped for this, but they weren't. Cooper, Big Spring, Dillard were just as good. Obviously Aledo's was the best.

Part of Kilgore's defense is the ability to pound the ball and keep it out of the other teams O's possession.

Again, great execution on Kilgore's part. They deserved the win and earned it fair and square.

I have no dog in this fight, literally! Lol

I'll be supporting Kilgore in this one. If Carthage is 100% healthy, they should give Kilgore a very good test. If Carthage wants to pick up 7-10 yard chunks in the ground, run the wildcat formation with your best RB. Kilgore had no answer for that. With Stidham being basically immobile, Stephenville lined Williams up in the wildcat and was able to slash Kilgore for 7-10 almost everytime. IMO, why stop running it until they stop it? After gaining first downs, Stidham would come back in and the play would be to roll him out with his gimp leg. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Stephenville had to get out what got them there. Plain and simple. I think coaches were at a loss. They did their best, but were just at a loss with Stidham playing on a torn hamstring.

Carthage and Kilogre will play their game, the game that got both to the Championship. Best of luck to both.

Go Dawgs!

I thought the Jackets would have run more wildcat, too, based on their success at the end of the first half. Stidham's mobility may have made a difference because the Kilgore seemed to be in the Stephenville backfield a bunch.

I thought the Jackets would have run more wildcat, too, based on their success at the end of the first half. Stidham's mobility may have made a difference because the Kilgore seemed to be in the Stephenville backfield a bunch.

KildogDad, it was huge. And I'm not the kind that is going to say Stephenville would have won if Stidham was 100%. Because Kilgore played some good football yesterday. But I honestly believe that Stephenville would have given Kilgore a much better game with a 100% Stidham. Last season, we had Stidham as backup QB if something happened to Jones. This season, no one obviously. Coming into this game I was told his hamstring was about 70%.. It looked more like 40-50% after his first roll out. You could tell win he tore it even more. He went gimpy.

That freshman is going to be something. Just think, we get him for another 3 years. And we have bigger O-linemen coming up next season. With Stidham, the TE, an another WR coming back for next season as well, Stephenville will be just fine on offense. It's the defense we'll have to reload. On that side of the ball, I was a little excited yesterday. Some of the players that were actually tackling, we underclassmen. #7, #17, #27, #64, #62 are all Jr's.

Sorry Carthage but your passing gm is no different from what Kilgore has seen this yr (Gilmer, Chapel Hill, Stephenville) nobody is going to be as on their gm as Gilmer was Kilgore learned from that gm and have absolutely shut the passing team down. And when a team starts running the ball and getting 4-8 yrds a carry only works in favor of Kilgore because it keeps the clock rolling and you better score when you get the opportunity because I'm telling you now Kilgore's O will score and pound that rock.

Don't get me wrong Carthage is good but we know what happens when they face a D that can stop them (Whitehouse) and their D is nowhere near as good as Kilgore's D so that's just my opinion may the best DOG WIN!!

KILGORE 42

CARTHAGE 31