Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

"We tried to tell all Kilgore homers"......really? What did you expect our smack talkers to say/ O ok yes u will kick our butts/ lol

Hello lugnut!!! Did you get enough crr,er, I mean Turkey to eat for Christmas? Lol! Ya' Gotta admit, that was a GREAT GAME, wasn't it? I LOVED IT! Especially all the smack talkers posting things like, "uh ohhh" & "Somebody better stop that Carthage QB before he gets 200 yds rushing against us!" THAT was AWESOME!! Lol!

Hello lugnut!!! Did you get enough crr,er, I mean Turkey to eat for Christmas? Lol! Ya' Gotta admit, that was a GREAT GAME, wasn't it? I LOVED IT! Especially all the smack talkers posting things like, "uh ohhh" & "Somebody better stop that Carthage QB before he gets 200 yds rushing against us!" THAT was AWESOME!! Lol!See ya'll next year. Happ

Got way too much to eat carth! Hope u had a Merry Christmas. It was a fun year and a good championship game. The better team won. Happy New Year!

Got way too much to eat carth! Hope u had a Merry Christmas. It was a fun year and a good championship game. The better team won. Happy New Year!

Thanks lugnut, I hope you& yours had a great Christmas & i wish you a Great 2014! Looking forward to playing Kilgore in district, if we are lucky!

I picked Kilgore to win the game.

I attended all the games that day...... and IMHO.... the better team won. Carthage was just a smidge better than Kilgore.

Ultimately, Kilgore's offense, who had dominated for 15 weeks, seemed one dimensional against Carthage. The K-dogs just aren't built to come from behind like that. Then again... they rarely needed to this season.

Carthage's offense as a little more diverse..... and they controlled the line of scrimmage.

Good game. Had a blast. Sat on the Kilgore side and cheered for them.

But.....IMHO..... Carthage won. And they were the better team.

Take that and and 50 cents and you got nothing but 50 cents......LOL.

I picked Kilgore to win the game.

I attended all the games that day...... and IMHO.... the better team won. Carthage was just a smidge better than Kilgore.

Ultimately, Kilgore's offense, who had dominated for 15 weeks, seemed one dimensional against Carthage. The K-dogs just aren't built to come from behind like that. Then again... they rarely needed to this season.

Carthage's offense as a little more diverse..... and they controlled the line of scrimmage.

Good game. Had a blast. Sat on the Kilgore side and cheered for them.

But.....IMHO..... Carthage won. And they were the better team.

Take that and and 50 cents and you got nothing but 50 cents......LOL.

Considering the FACT that Carthage had to overcome the Kilgore Team, Fans, Tyler chapter Officiating Crew(the "incomplete pass" call, among others) as well as The Fox Sports SouthWest announcers, who were ALL For Kilgore & Against Carthage, Carthage was FAR superior to the Kilgore Dogs In MY Opinion...

Considering the FACT that Carthage had to overcome the Kilgore Team, Fans, Tyler chapter Officiating Crew(the "incomplete pass" call, among others) as well as The Fox Sports SouthWest announcers, who were ALL For Kilgore & Against Carthage, Carthage was FAR superior to the Kilgore Dogs In MY Opinion...

+1

You retards keep saying the better team loss hahahahaha hahahahahahaha Child Please! Just like I said CARTHAGE WAS THE BEST TEAM IN 3A PERIOD ....YOU SUCKAS SAID IT WAS GILMER ....THEN THEY WENT DOWN...THEN KILGORE .... CARTHAGE TOOK THEM OUT.... I told y'all before the season started we was the best and we proved it the last team standing ..... And you all don't think we will good next year HA just wait.. :) this reminds me of the first year we won it all .... Everybody thought since we lost Dwight smith we would be not as good but look what happen ....16-0 BACK TO BACK SCOTT SURRATT ALREADY READY TO NEXT SEASON

Well I have a feeling Kilgore and Carthage will get all they want of each other in the next two seasons. Kilgore will get their shot again. The bad news is that Coach Surratt has a young quarterback in the ranks that may shatter more records. He's got pedigree. Great game Kilgore. Made my sister happy anyway. She doesn't like blowouts so she doesn't go to many Carthage games unless I tell her it's going to be close.

There is one team that I cannot for the life of me figure out. That is the Jacksonville Indians. Every year they put up massive points and never go anywhere. They always play Carthage neck and neck early in the season. I believe this year after starting the season losing to Carthage I saw they didn't even win a game despite putting up pretty good numbers against every opponent. Some up and coming coach could really make a dynasty out of that program. Always talented and need direction. I know this was the first year for the incumbant coach I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think you can really say the officials or announcers had anything to do with the game at all. The incomplete pass did hit the ground and he trapped it, other than that there were more calls that hurt Kilgore than Carthage, including an ineligible receiver down field that had no bearing on the play at all. As for the announcers they might have been biased, honestly don't know, but how would that affect the teams in any way?

I don't think you can really say the officials or announcers had anything to do with the game at all. The incomplete pass did hit the ground and he trapped it, other than that there were more calls that hurt Kilgore than Carthage, including an ineligible receiver down field that had no bearing on the play at all. As for the announcers they might have been biased, honestly don't know, but how would that affect the teams in any way?

FIRST of ALL, the replay CLEARLY showed the ball DID NOT hit the ground, & the FSSW announcers even SAID that it was a CAUGHT BALl.... You obviously didn't watch the game, or you are so drunk on Kilgore punch that you are BLIND. As to the FSSW anouncers being biased, one only had to listen to them TRYIznG to come up with a miracle scenario whereby Kilgore could pull off an upset victory! Either way, CARTHAGE, the underrated, underestimated, & ignored UNDERDOGS prevailed INSPITE of the SH---Y Officiating to PROVE themselves to all who didn't think they were a championship Team, including, OBVIOUSLY , YOU!In case you didn't already KNOW it, one of those FSSW announcers was Brad McCoy, Graham Coach & father of CASE McCoy Texas Longhorn QB & former Graham QB that Anthony Morgan & Co. beat in 2009 for the Semi final Game .

I think CLEARLY the drunk one is YOU since you are the one getting ALL worked UP here. If it was so clear why did the refs call it incomplete, you OBVIOUSLY don't KNOW much about the game of football. I was at the game, and from where I was it was pretty clear he TRAPPED the ball. and weren't you just saying the announcers were anti-Carthage, so now you're going against yourself, who's drunk again? Congrats to you on the championship if it makes you feel better to think that y'all overcame impossible odds to win it than go for it. They one I don't know why you would need to go back and say they did it despite millions of people against them. If you saw the teams warming up and you didn't know anything you'd pick Carthage, they looked like a 1aa college team, but whatever wets your whistle.

I didn't say one thing against Carthage in my post, I simply asked how the officials or the announcers held y'all back, and you still didn't answer my question. Other than that I agree that the officiating wasn't the best although I'm sure for an entirely different reason and understanding than you.

I think CLEARLY the drunk one is YOU since you are the one getting ALL worked UP here. If it was so clear why did the refs call it incomplete, you OBVIOUSLY don't KNOW much about the game of football. I was at the game, and from where I was it was pretty clear he TRAPPED the ball. and weren't you just saying the announcers were anti-Carthage, so now you're going against yourself, who's drunk again? Congrats to you on the championship if it makes you feel better to think that y'all overcame impossible odds to win it than go for it. They one I don't know why you would need to go back and say they did it despite millions of people against them. If you saw the teams warming up and you didn't know anything you'd pick Carthage, they looked like a 1aa college team, but whatever wets your whistle.

I didn't say one thing against Carthage in my post, I simply asked how the officials or the announcers held y'all back, and you still didn't answer my question. Other than that I agree that the officiating wasn't the best although I'm sure for an entirely different reason and understanding than you.

I too, was at the game and the ball was CAUGHT on the Carthage side of the field, and tha NEAREST official to the play CALLED it a catch, and then THE REFEREE, who apparrently, was sitting BESIDE YOU in the stands, OVER RULED the first guy who said the pass was complete. The referee was the SAME one who made ALL of the bad& questionable calls in the game. I agree with one thing you posted... Anyone who was there could Plainly see who had the better team. As to the announcers "having any affect on the outcome of the game", I did not mean to ply they did, only that they were clearly pulling for Kilgore. As to the "MILLIONS" of peopl against Carthage, THAT was YOUR word, not Mine. In either case, I'm not "workedup" as you implied, this is a forum for smack talk... Don't MATTER what you OR I say on here, the players make us tight or wrong, to be honest, the only reason I'm still here is because the 2013 season is done & I wish it wasn't!!! No hard feelings. We'll do this again next year, God willing!!!!

Watch the broadcast on Foxsports and tell me he trapped it...then head to the optometrist...

two things I saw on the tv was:

1. the overturned incompletion was actually a catch. The ball never touched the turf.

2. one coaching staff not shaking hands after the game. they stiffed the other head coach.

From where I sat, the Catch was clearly made and called a catch by the nearset official to the play, however the referree came all the way across the field to overrule the other official and rule the pass incomplete. As to the incident on the Kilgore sideline, there is no excuse for Carthage's #80's actions, just caught up in the moment. At the conclusion of the game, I could read Surratt's lips on the Jumbotron & he told the Kilgore Coach,"I'm sorry about that," and something I couldn't make out after that. Scott Surratt is a first rate guy, & I will never believe that he did not offer his hand, nor refuse to shake the Kilgore Coach's hand. That's not how he is.

From where I sat, the Catch was clearly made and called a catch by the nearset official to the play, however the referree came all the way across the field to overrule the other official and rule the pass incomplete. As to the incident on the Kilgore sideline, there is no excuse for Carthage's #80's actions, just caught up in the moment. At the conclusion of the game, I could read Surratt's lips on the Jumbotron & he told the Kilgore Coach,"I'm sorry about that," and something I couldn't make out after that. Scott Surratt is a first rate guy, & I will never believe that he did not offer his hand, nor refuse to shake the Kilgore Coach's hand. That's not how he is.

Kilgore's coaches were the ones not shaking hands. You couldn't tell if the HC shook Surratt's hand, but none of the asst coaches in the screen did. They walked right past him,never looked at him or offered a hand. Kids will be kids, but adults need to act grown up and set the example. If that is what happened, which it looked that way on TV, that is a shame. The coaches should discipline the kid

You think maybe all the coaches were trying to make sure nothing between the teams happened because of the incident of the players from Carthage. Because Carthage was on Kilgore side line holding up newspaper and holding up four fingeres to the players and coaches. So that probably a good reason!! It did not show all that happened on replay so you can judged coaches from that. After it was under control the players and coaches all shook hands at one point or another. My 2 cents.

• Thumbs Down 1

You think maybe all the coaches were trying to make sure nothing between the teams happened because of the incident of the players from Carthage. Because Carthage was on Kilgore side line holding up newspaper and holding up four fingeres to the players and coaches. So that probably a good reason!! It did not show all that happened on replay so you can judged coaches from that. After it was under control the players and coaches all shook hands at one point or another. My 2 cents.

I wasn't saying what I think I saw. I didn't maybe see anything. I saw the HCs meet, one apologized to the other (you could read his lips), the other turned and walked off. The following 3 coaches behind him walked by the opposing HC and snubbed him as well. They didn't even acknowledge he was there. That is what I saw. I don't think maybe anything, just my observations. There was another thread on this that was deleted as well. May have been something to it.

If the "coaches all shook hands at one point or another" as 2shot wrote, isn't it a shame the Kilgore coaches didn't shake hands at their first opportunity when the cameras were on them? They instead left the impression with thousands who were watching on the scoreboard or on TV that they are sore losers. I'm not guessing about this impression. I had a fellow worker from Houston tell me that was his impression just this morning.

If the "coaches all shook hands at one point or another" as 2shot wrote, isn't it a shame the Kilgore coaches didn't shake hands at their first opportunity when the cameras were on them? They instead left the impression with thousands who were watching on the scoreboard or on TV that they are sore losers. I'm not guessing about this impression. I had a fellow worker from Houston tell me that was his impression just this morning.

I doubt that the coaches on either side were aware of cameras right after the game.

Kildog Dad, there is no doubt the Kilgore coaches weren't aware of the cameras when they snubbed Coach Surratt. If they had been, they would have done their handshaking then instead of later and avoided having thousands witness their poor sportsmanship. Maybe they learned their lesson and won't delay their post-game congratulations after future losses.

IMHO, all it would have taken for every Kilgore assistant to have shaken Coach Surratt's hand at their initial opportunity was their boss having done so, as he should have.