Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

Great game Carthage way to bring it home . Congrats on another state championship . I was lot disappointed with the Lack of sportsmanship of # 80 to the Kilgore players and the coaching staff at the end of game . You just won the ballgame no need for that played like a champion all day then ruin it with a pitiful display like that . Not only your display but putting your very classy coach haveing to appoligise to the Kilgore staff when he should have been celebrating . Well enuff said on that . Very good win made me proud to be a former BullDawg . To Kilgore fans, players and coaches you have every right to be proud of your team . They never gave up especially when they could have folded . Yall made me respect the K very impressive run game but was just to one dimensional to overcome . Hope all made it home safely and Merry CHRISTmas to everyone .

CARTHAGE BULLDAWGS STATE CHAMPS BABY Happy Happy Happy

Congrats Carthage good game .

Showed great athleticism , but should work on the humility side of sportsmanship ,

I'm on the sidelines , and saw 88 run over and give our coaches the business and your coach have to retrieve him , and he wasn't the only one

He stood out with the language he used though

Be proud

Hi! Be more specific. What is giving someone the business. Did he hit him? At what point in the game was this?

it was after the game he was on Kilgore's side of the field up in players faces waveing bye to them or something and also to the the Kilgore staff and it was #80 i believe

I just thought it was very poor sportsmanship

if you was watching the Jumbotron when Coach Surrat and Coach Wood met to shake hands Coach Surrat was appoligising to Coach Wood for it

I'd say Woody probably knows his team better than anyone else. And hey, guess what, they got to within a score. They recover the onsides kick and score and nobody doubts him. They stop Carthage and score and nobody doubts him.

I believe he did what's in the best interest of his team. He knew what he was doing. Kids just didn't execute when the situation called for it (either by covering an onside kick or by making a stop on the ensuing defensive drive).

Hey didn't you say all week how Kilgore was going to devour Carthage? So you're not real smart when it comes to football as you've proven. So just sit down shut up and eat your crow.

This is what losing to Carthage looks like boys. All you pretenders and skirt-tail jumpers better recognize just because you beat the Gilmer Buckeyes don't mean you've beaten the best. There is a new Sheriff in town, his name is SCOTT SURRATT & CO. Funny I heard the Stephenville broadcast of Kilgore's game against them and after Kilgore took a huge lead he said, "Well I tell you what if Carthage beats this awesome Kilgore team they are really something special". Well at least a team NOT from East Texas recognizes it. You all act like Carthage hasn't been there before. Have you any idea what it takes to win 3 State Championships in a row? It takes one heck of a coaching staff that knows what they are doing. If they got a team good enough to get to a State Championship then you better watch out if you got to play them.

746222168_4rPaz-XL.jpg

Graham Steers 2009 (Current University of Texas Quarterback Case McCoy)

20101211-204144-pic-322648176_t607.jpg

Brownwood Lions 2010 - (Current #1 wide reciever Jaxson Shipley)

12233.jpg

I did say congratulations. Twice . Not your typical sore loser. There should be a level of respect at every level .

But now we know who this kid may belong to .

Be proud of him . So close all the cheerleaders heard . Smoaky won't let me get specific on what he said. Be proud.

Congratulations AGAIN!

I did not see it...he's a sophomore...I'm sure he will be disciplined...Surratt wouldn't have apologized for it if that's how he runs his team...he is one kid out of sixty something...let's not accuse all those kids of being poor sportsmen...

I did not see it...he's a sophomore...I'm sure he will be disciplined...Surratt wouldn't have apologized for it if that's how he runs his team...he is one kid out of sixty something...let's not accuse all those kids of being poor sportsmen...

He wasn't the only one. But I'm sure Coach Scott

Has it handled ( he must know who they are , he coaches them after all )

He wasn't the only one. But I'm sure Coach Scott

Has it handled ( he must know who they are , he coaches them after all )

Allow me to apologize if our kids were rude to your team. I only know a few kids from this team personally, and they are all pretty good kids. I'm sure the Kilgore kids did not say one single bad thing throughout the game, as I know you taught them better than that.

Congrats on a great season and great kids.

We raise hooligans and jerks in Carthage...

I would be curious to see an Argyle-Carthage matchup considering Ian Sandler had a monster game and they run 3-3-5 scheme which allows them to bring multiple blitzes. Maybe it's me, but I wish there was only one state champion per division.

Kilgore had 0 sacks, play calling was solid till 2nd half. I know Carthage's secondary is really good but, I would of liked to see us go over the top.

Allow me to apologize if our kids were rude to your team. I only know a few kids from this team personally, and they are all pretty good kids. I'm sure the Kilgore kids did not say one single bad thing throughout the game, as I know you taught them better than that.

Allow me to apologize if our kids were rude to

your team. I only know a few kids from this team personally, and they are all pretty good kids. I'm sure the Kilgore kids did not say one single bad thing throughout the game, as I know you taught them better than that.

I

Some one does