Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

What a great game! I for one was very impressed with the families and fans of Kilgore before the game, and afterwards too. Had great conversations with some of the fans before the game. The Bulldogs fans from both sides cheered their teams well, and we all represented East Texas well. Kilgore kids have nothing to hang their heads about. Did a great job and had a great season. Win or loose, any other team would have loved to been in Dallas this weekend, but they didn't earn it like these two teams did. Congrats to Carthage! We did it again........I really love me some High School Football! Good luck to you Kilgore in the rest of the school year........who knows, we might meet again!

Your own people saw it . Be proud!

. Congratulations again

We are proud! Very proud! You are basically saying our team is full of bad kids, and I take offense to that. Every team we beat through the playoffs was pulling for us. Many voicing those opinions on social media. Doubt they would do so if our kids were jerks to them...

80 Dog, I don't know what you're complaining about, but if one kid's actions upset you that bad, let me apologize for it. I can assure you the coaches don't teach their kids to act like hooligans. Scott is a very big disciplinarian. Once again, no one bad acting kid is representative of how all of these kids are. Teenagers will be teenagers, but I promise you that I know what these coaches teach, and that does not represent what they teach at all.

Congratulations Carthage Bulldogs! You were the better team today. Enjoy it! I really enjoyed bantering with all you Carthage faithful. Keep your heads high KHS, you had a great season! Good luck to all u seniors in all your future endeavors,

You mean the plain vanilla that didn't get put away until there was less than 2 minutes in the game?

Was never any doubt in my mind from the first play. Our team was bigger, stronger, faster and better coached. Any non-partisan person could tell it was going to get out of hand for Kilgore. It was just a matter of time. Any team that comes into a State Championship not being able to do ALL phases of the game effectively is asking to lose. Happens every year. And I have to say Coldspring-Oakhurst was a MUCH better running team than Kilgore ever thought about being. You wanna beat Carthage you sure better bring the bacon next time. All we got all week was a bunch of lip service from you guys how we better respect your K and you bring us K-rap!!

Congratulations Scott Surratt & Co.

7 SEASONS = 102 Games, 87 Wins, 15 Losses. Winning percentage 85.29%!!!

Carthage Bulldogs 2013

#1 ranked offense of 7 seasons with 45.06 PPG average.

#5 ranked defense of 7 seasons with 18.94 PPG allowed.

Was never any doubt in my mind from the first play. Our team was bigger, stronger, faster and better coached. Any non-partisan person could tell it was going to get out of hand for Kilgore. It was just a matter of time. Any team that comes into a State Championship not being able to do ALL phases of the game effectively is asking to lose. Happens every year. And I have to say Coldspring-Oakhurst was a MUCH better running team than Kilgore ever thought about being. You wanna beat Carthage you sure better bring the bacon next time. All we got all week was a bunch of lip service from you guys how we better respect your K and you bring us K-rap!!

Sorry, but I stay out of lip service department. I gave my props to Carthage on their championship. They may have been bigger, stronger, faster, and better coached, but the game wasn't in hand until the very end of the game.

Sorry, but I stay out of lip service department. I gave my props to Carthage on their championship. They may have been bigger, stronger, faster, and better coached, but the game wasn't in hand until the very end of the game.

Of course to you it wasn't. You haven't been to 4 State Championships and watch all of those teams flail and flop before taking their last gasp against Carthage. Enough Post-mortem.

What a great game! I for one was very impressed with the families and fans of Kilgore before the game, and afterwards too. Had great conversations with some of the fans before the game. The Bulldogs fans from both sides cheered their teams well, and we all represented East Texas well. Kilgore kids have nothing to hang their heads about. Did a great job and had a great season. Win or loose, any other team would have loved to been in Dallas this weekend, but they didn't earn it like these two teams did. Congrats to Carthage! We did it again........I really love me some High School Football! Good luck to you Kilgore in the rest of the school year........who knows, we might meet again!

Congratulations to you and to all of the fine folks of Carthage Mute! Four of Six is simply amazing! Very pleased for you and your team and community and all of the Carthage faithful. 3A was very well represented in Arlington today! Merry Christmas to you and to all concerned!

First Congrats to Carthage what a gameplan by their coaches...

I have a question? Can you win at this level without a passing game?

Carthage had 2 turnovers and all of the officials bad calls against them and they still come out on top and was clearly the best team with their scheme...

How can you bet against Surratt in a big game..

Oh and how can Pippen be in every TV shot LOL..

Great post Mute. Our boys played Kilgore football today and it was just not quite enough against a great Carthage team. If Carthage has a weakness, I didn't see it today. Congrats on the Championship.

Great execution by Carthage. Poor decisions coaching wise by Kilgore. Congrats to a great team Carthage.

I was disappointed in how many Carthage players were taunting our players, coaches and fans after the game ended. Unnecessary.

Great post Mute. Our boys played Kilgore football today and it was just not quite enough against a great Carthage team. If Carthage has a weakness, I didn't see it today. Congrats on the Championship.

Well that's just goes to show that you have to be carefully how treat people Aggie 98 , y'all beat us pretty good CHill, but it don't mean nothing if you don't win it all.

I would like to say congrats to the Kilgore Coaches and Players on a very good season.

I think the biggest problem is Carthage hit Kilgore directly in the mouth and won this game and SOME of you Kilgore fans did not expect it. All I heard this week is you better "respect the K", "Kilgore's Defense will stop Carthage" and "Carthage can not stop Kilgore's running game". Now all I am hearing is how one kid from Carthage "maybe" taunted Kilgore after the game and now the entire team is being labeled... If that did happen and maybe it did, Surratt will take care of it. All the players in this game today are still kids and none of them are perfect! MY CARTHAGE DAWGS ARE THE CHAMPS!!!

I would like to say congrats to the Kilgore Coaches and Players on a very good season.

I think the biggest problem is Carthage hit Kilgore directly in the mouth and won this game and SOME of you Kilgore fans did not expect it. All I heard this week is you better "respect the K", "Kilgore's Defense will stop Carthage" and "Carthage can not stop Kilgore's running game". Now all I am hearing is how one kid from Carthage "maybe" taunted Kilgore after the game and now the entire team is being labeled... If that did happen and maybe it did, Surratt will take care of it. All the players in this game today are still kids and none of them are perfect! MY CARTHAGE DAWGS ARE THE CHAMPS!!!

+1

First Congrats to Carthage what a gameplan by their coaches...

I have a question? Can you win at this level without a passing game?

Carthage had 2 turnovers and all of the officials bad calls against them and they still come out on top and was clearly the best team with their scheme...

How can you bet against Surratt in a big game..

Oh and how can Pippen be in every TV shot LOL..

I didn't realize that Surratt was the OC for Texas High prior to becoming the HC at Carthage. He has had Mike Wood's # now for the third time considering that we played Texas High twice and lost both times.

I just read where WHITEHOUSE QB Patrick Mahomes was selected 2013 Texas High School Football Player of the Year. I've said all along he's the REAL DEAL, He orchestrated the AWESOME COMEBACK VICTORY over CARTHAGE, who led 39-20 @ Halftime. Mahomes & Company held Carthage scoreless in the 2nd half while RACKING UP a 43 point ANSWER to The Dogs to get the WIN. A TRULY AMAZING PLAYER!